Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Italian made

Just a note for the procurement department. I have a 'Zilmet' Italian
made *potable water* 25 litre expansion tank that has been in use for
four years, and is full of rust, including fair-sized rust flakes. Our
water is from the mains and somewhat soft but nothing out of the
ordinary.

So I know what not to buy. Anyone any recommendations?

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 February 2019 13:00:58 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
Just a note for the procurement department. I have a 'Zilmet' Italian
made *potable water* 25 litre expansion tank that has been in use for
four years, and is full of rust, including fair-sized rust flakes. Our
water is from the mains and somewhat soft but nothing out of the
ordinary.

So I know what not to buy. Anyone any recommendations?

--

Roger Hayter

Probably unsuitable for it's application.
Ie one intended for CH system rather than hot water system
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 10:39:39 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Friday, 8 February 2019 13:00:58 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
Just a note for the procurement department. I have a 'Zilmet' Italian
made *potable water* 25 litre expansion tank that has been in use for
four years, and is full of rust, including fair-sized rust flakes. Our
water is from the mains and somewhat soft but nothing out of the
ordinary.

So I know what not to buy. Anyone any recommendations?

--

Roger Hayter

Probably unsuitable for it's application.
Ie one intended for CH system rather than hot water system

CH water isn't potable.

The replacement depends on the pump. Generally a centrifugal pump has
no need of one, just stick a relief valve back to the suction.

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 06:13:09 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Jim K.." wrote in message
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Wrote
in message:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 14:56:14 +0000 (GMT+00:00), "Jim K.."
wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Wrote
in message:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 13:00:55 +0000, (Roger Hayter)
wrote:

Just a note for the procurement department. I have a 'Zilmet' Italian
made *potable water* 25 litre expansion tank that has been in use for
four years, and is full of rust, including fair-sized rust flakes.
Our
water is from the mains and somewhat soft but nothing out of the
ordinary.

So I know what not to buy. Anyone any recommendations?

Check the pH of the water.

High or low pH produces rust?

Oxygen produces rust, low pH strips away the initial film enabling the
O2 to act with vigour.

Initial film of?

Rust

Is the tank being fed from a local
authourity supply or are you pumping from a well?

If you want to keep using the tank bung some phosphoric acid into it.
Your local waterworks should be doing it anyway if they are feeding
any older properties.

to do what?

The initial film of phosphate coats the surface, it is more difficult
to remove, so further oxidation is prevented. Many Morris Marina
owners would dispute this, but a none Leyland driver would be fully
aware of the benefits.

Meds still not quite right then?

Sorry I assumed anyone with an interest in DIY has a small amount of
intelligence coupled with a rudimentary knowledge of the properties of
common everyday materials.

I'll send pictures next time :-)

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Anything that helps others understand your various gobbledegook
commentaries would be welcome...

I will gladly explain anything you find too difficult, providing it
doesn't distract you too much from activities necessary to life such
as respiration.

I have trained a considerable number of complete idiots in my time and
continue to supply technical training, although my supply of idiots
seems to have dried up!

Should you desire to step into their shoes feel free to ask me to
expand as required. I have never admonished a trainee for asking any
question of me, no matter how thick and stupid they are and how inane
the question.

So feel free.

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

See my earlier post gob****e

We really mustn't get personal. It is a sad reflection on your
character if you cannot accept a little assistance and instead go on a
foul mouthed rant.

When you calm down, my keyboard iss ever at the ready to bring a
little enlightenment into your small dark confused liitle mind.

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gob****e.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 February 2019 19:22:38 UTC, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Sorry I assumed anyone with an interest in DIY has a small amount of
intelligence coupled with a rudimentary knowledge of the properties of
common everyday materials.

I'll send pictures next time :-)

AB

that's a common mistake.