Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A cup of tea

Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used to
let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2019 10:56, Broadback wrote:
Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used to
let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

I think someone has just invented a novel device to help you out - it's
called a tea strainer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message
Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used to
let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this worked,
also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the cup! Nothing
beats experience! ;-)

what was your reading ? ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2019 10:56, Broadback wrote:
Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used to
let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

I put gravy granules in the cafetiere two days running. After that I did
the gravy granules from myself.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A nearby cafe we frequent provides milk and gravy in very similar jugs. In a senior moment I reached out for a jug without looking and you guessed it poured gravy in the tea, I cannot recommend the concoction but it did put a smile on all the waiting staff.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2019 12:52, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Broadback
wrote:

Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used
to let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

Why aren't you using leaf tea? Tea bags contain 25% plastic.

I no longer have a tea pot or strainer!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used
to let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

Why aren't you using leaf tea? Tea bags contain 25% plastic.

Teabags are a lot more convenient when you only want a single cup.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used
to let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

Why aren't you using leaf tea? Tea bags contain 25% plastic.

I no longer have a tea pot or strainer!

Wierd! I find making tea with a tea-bag a right faff in comparison
with using a small (two cup) pot and leaf tea. All that fishing about
for the tea bag and squeezing it, uses a teaspoon as well which I
don't otherwise use. (There's a measure permanently in the tea caddy
for spooning tea into the pot)

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used
to let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

Why aren't you using leaf tea? Tea bags contain 25% plastic.

I no longer have a tea pot or strainer!

Wierd! I find making tea with a tea-bag a right faff in comparison
with using a small (two cup) pot and leaf tea. All that fishing about
for the tea bag and squeezing it, uses a teaspoon as well which I
don't otherwise use. (There's a measure permanently in the tea caddy
for spooning tea into the pot)

We use a teapot that has an integral strainer ,nothing fancy it looks like
a normal china pot rather than one of the designer types that have a
similar arrangement at greater cost.
But we also have a Lakeland tea tool as well
https://www.lakeland.co.uk/12644/Tea...eviews/12/20.2

Much easier to use than dunking and messing about with a spoon or fingers.
Can get the best use out of a teabag as well.

The plastic reinforcing/sealing has or is about to reduce a lot with
several of the big names having or are in the process of going to fully
biodegradable bags and there are less well known ones that always have been
,hot a box or organic Clipper in the cupboard which definitely are.Havent
tried it yet , it was on offer from the milkman.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:
A nearby cafe we frequent provides milk and gravy in very similar jugs. In a senior moment I reached out for a jug without looking and you guessed it poured gravy in the tea, I cannot recommend the concoction but it did put a smile on all the waiting staff.

Richard

at school in the 1950s, we lost our cook and, for a short time, had our
lunch from the local school meals service. Each course has with it the
contents of a container with a thick grey liquid - one marked 'gravy' and
the other 'custard' . I reckon they simply made grey sauce and added either
salt or sugar as appropriate.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green
for the tea bag and squeezing it, uses a teaspoon as well which I
don't otherwise use. (There's a measure permanently in the tea caddy
for spooning tea into the pot)

Has it got the instructions on it?

My gran had one of these, made in their thousands and bought as seaside
gifts etc.
https://goo.gl/images/j8jU3V

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used to let the tea
settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this worked, also I remembered to
leave a little tea at the bottom of the cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

Why aren't you using leaf tea? Tea bags contain 25% plastic.

Teabags are a lot more convenient when you only want a single cup.

SteveW

They're also a lot more convenient if you need more cups of tea at
any one time, than your customary teapot can provide.

Unless of course someone is looking for an excuse to acquire a whole
range of differently sized but matching teapots, which can then be
proudly displayed on a shelf of the newly acquired Welsh dresser.

Not forgetting the set of matching tea cosies, all kept in the
left hand drawer.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used
to let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

Why aren't you using leaf tea? Tea bags contain 25% plastic.

I no longer have a tea pot or strainer!

Wierd! I find making tea with a tea-bag a right faff in comparison
with using a small (two cup) pot and leaf tea. All that fishing about
for the tea bag and squeezing it, uses a teaspoon as well which I
don't otherwise use. (There's a measure permanently in the tea caddy
for spooning tea into the pot)

--
Chris Green
·

I had one of the metal sphere's you can put loose tea in and dunk it as a tea bag, which was my prefered method when making single cups of tea using 2/3 sainsbury red lable. 1/3rd early grey.
Trouble was the dust or very fine leaves that still got through the holes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used
to let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

Why aren't you using leaf tea? Tea bags contain 25% plastic.

I no longer have a tea pot or strainer!

PG Tips bags may not have plastic because they seem to
disintegrate more easily than say Twinings, and I guess
this is the reason why ? :-

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...adable-teabags

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used
to let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this
worked, also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the
cup! Nothing beats experience! ;-)

Why aren't you using leaf tea? Tea bags contain 25% plastic.

I no longer have a tea pot or strainer!

We use a teapot that has an integral strainer ,nothing fancy it looks like
a normal china pot rather than one of the designer types that have a
similar arrangement at greater cost.

I have a Bodum Tea Press Teapot - £2 from a charity shop. (The spherical
glass ones with a plunger and filter cylinder.) Handy but you have to
wait for the water to go through while adding it.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 05/02/2019 13:29, Tricky Dicky wrote:
A nearby cafe we frequent provides milk and gravy in very similar jugs. In a senior moment I reached out for a jug without looking and you guessed it poured gravy in the tea, I cannot recommend the concoction but it did put a smile on all the waiting staff.

I was told to help myself to tea and coffee when working in a pub kitchen.

It did not take me long to realise that it was a teaspoon of salt I had
put into the coffee.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2019 20:32, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2019 13:29, Tricky Dicky wrote:
A nearby cafe we frequent provides milk and gravy in very similar
jugs. In a senior moment I reached out for a jug without looking and
you guessed it poured gravy in the tea, I cannot recommend the
concoction but it did put a smile on all the waiting staff.

I was told to help myself to tea and coffee when working in a pub kitchen.

It did not take me long to realise that it was a teaspoon of salt I had
put into the coffee.

Some friends and I were at a conference and at the communal meal at
lunchtime, my mate Dave hadn't clocked that the main course and the
desert were already on the buffet table so managed to pour custard over
his ham salad instead of mayo. He said it was quite nice but I've never
been tempted to try it myself.

I swigged some Coke from the bottle and poured peanuts into my hand and
ate them.

I swigged some Coke from the bottle and poured peanuts into my hand and
ate them.

I swigged some Coke from the bottle and poured peanuts into my hand and
ate them

I was sitting in my car outside a music shop, waiting for the time of my
appointment with the owner.

I poured some peanuts into my hand then swigged some Coke from the bottle.

I poured some peanuts into my hand then swigged some Coke from the bottle.

I poured some peanuts into my hand then swigged some Coke from the bottle.

I poured Coke into my hand.....

"Hi Nick. Come on in. Do you want to take your coat off?"
"No, I'm fine as I am, thanks"

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2019 20:32, ARW wrote:
[...]

Hehehe. Editing went wrong: didn't see the bit left at the top of the
writing frame. Let's try that story again.

I was sitting in my car outside a music shop, waiting for the time of
my appointment with the owner.

I poured some peanuts into my hand then swigged some Coke from the
bottle.

I poured some peanuts into my hand then swigged some Coke from the
bottle.

I poured some peanuts into my hand then swigged some Coke from the
bottle.

I poured Coke into my hand.....

"Hi Nick. Come on in. Do you want to take your coat off?"
"No, I'm fine as I am, thanks"

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Stewart" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used to
let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this worked,
also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the cup! Nothing
beats experience! ;-)

what was your reading ? ......

The world implodes on the 30-March-2019

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 05/02/2019 10:56, Broadback wrote:
Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used to
let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this worked,
also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the cup! Nothing
beats experience! ;-)

I put gravy granules in the cafetiere two days running.

Thats just the dementia, nothing to worry about.

After that I did the gravy granules from myself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 10:32:42 +1100, 2987fr, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

The world implodes on the 30-March-2019

PLEASE, spare everyone your senile "humour", senile Rot!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 February 2019 23:38:54 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 05/02/2019 10:56, Broadback wrote:
Just like the old days. The tea bag burst, I remembered that one used to
let the tea settle so that the leaves dropped to the bottom, this worked,
also I remembered to leave a little tea at the bottom of the cup! Nothing
beats experience! ;-)

I put gravy granules in the cafetiere two days running.

Thats just the dementia, nothing to worry about.

luckily he's not yet reached your stage.