Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best self-assembly electronics kits for beginners?

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 16:07:20 -0000, Terry Casey
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Not sure how things are going now, but a great source of bits was
radio rallies.

There may still be a few people that cater for proper amateurs though.

Drayton Manor was one of the better ones.

https://rsgb.org/main/news/rallies/

I would have thought that the desriptions of the various
rallies described in your RSCB link would answer that
question.

I'm sure I saw a youtube video report of one - possibly in
Kent, somewhere - which showed that there was a very large
selection of bits and pieces available.

Not been for years myself. I really enjoyed the early ones but the
last few I went to just didn't compare.

We were "spoilt" though. One of the last I went to was Telford, the
day Diana croaked. Things were dropping off badly. I guess the MOD
tightened up their stock control :-)

Sadly after the CB days, practical electronics skills for wireless
amateurs went more toward opening cardboard boxes.

There may be a few places worth going to. I see Nantwich has a rally
now, I might just go along.

The Food & Drink festival was a major dissapointment, but I will be in
the area on the 17th.

AB