Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Warehousing, even in a small flat

The wisdom of life
NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY
because
IT MIGHT COME IN
and
HELP AVOID SOCIAL HUMILIATION

Just suppose your relatives turn up out of the blue and with very little
preliminary small talk ask if you have any chain. Imagine the
embarrassment if you are clean out of chain. But the wise man will have
been carefully saving and cataloguing every piece of chain that has come
his way for the last fifty years. Disregarding the twenty-three
samples of chain he has that aren't suitable on grounds of size, weight,
and design, he will be able to find various appropriate chains
immediately and offer his relations a choice of at least five types.
This sort of prudence is what made Britain great. REMEMBER! NEVER THROW
ANYTHING AWAY! IT MIGHT COME IN!

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 30 January 2019 18:01:47 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

Us hoarders just love it when we can "save" somebody by providing some otherwise unobtainable bit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
The wisdom of life
NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY
because
IT MIGHT COME IN
and
HELP AVOID SOCIAL HUMILIATION

Just suppose your relatives turn up out of the blue and with very little
preliminary small talk ask if you have any chain. Imagine the
embarrassment if you are clean out of chain. But the wise man will have
been carefully saving and cataloguing every piece of chain that has come
his way for the last fifty years. Disregarding the twenty-three
samples of chain he has that aren't suitable on grounds of size, weight,
and design, he will be able to find various appropriate chains
immediately and offer his relations a choice of at least five types.
This sort of prudence is what made Britain great. REMEMBER! NEVER THROW
ANYTHING AWAY! IT MIGHT COME IN!

and the box of string carefully labelled "String - too short to be any use."

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2019 18:01, Bill Wright wrote:
The wisdom of life
NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY
because
IT MIGHT COME IN
and
HELP AVOID SOCIAL HUMILIATION

Just suppose your relatives turn up out of the blue and with very little
preliminary small talk ask if you have any chain. Imagine the
embarrassment if you are clean out of chain. But the wise man will have
been carefully saving and cataloguing every piece of chain that has come
his wayÂ* for the last fifty years.Â* Disregarding the twenty-three
samples of chain he has that aren't suitable on grounds of size, weight,
and design, he will be able to find various appropriate chains
immediately and offer his relations a choice of at least five types.
This sort of prudence is what made Britain great. REMEMBER! NEVER THROW
ANYTHING AWAY! IT MIGHT COME IN!

Bill

I thought I was being a lot better in the past few years by throwing out
anything I hadn't used for 5 years and furthermore not keeping things in
the first place to clutter up the house.

Over the new year period I helped friends move house. The bulk of the
physical moving from one house to another was undertaken by 3 men in 2
vans but everything had to be packed first. In addition a lot of stuff
was moved by car in bags and boxes. They were hoarders. At the end of
the move, to a smaller house, they had managed to hire a 20ft container
at a storage facility and fill it as well as filling the new house to an
extent that were only narrow walk ways left. Their intention now is to
start selling, gifting or junking all their unnecessary possessions,
especially as the storage facility is nearly £1.4K a year. They are not
considering moving again in the foreseeable future so the storage is
effectively just being used to store "junk".

This exercise got me to thinking about how much crap I've still got
after 30+ years in my current house and I will probably want to move to
a smaller property within a couple of years. In the past 3 weeks I've
managed 4 full car loads to the local tip as well as putting out 4 to 6
extra general purpose rubbish bags for the bin men each week. 2 car
loads were from the garden sheds where items had been dumped and
forgotten about. It's amazing how much crap you can store in a small
space let alone in the whole of your house!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2019 19:46, Jim K.. wrote:

How much is it to buy a 20ft container?

But where to put it?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m Wrote in message:
[...]

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright Wrote in message:
On 30/01/2019 19:46, Jim K.. wrote:

How much is it to buy a 20ft container?

But where to put it?

Bill

Outside usually...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2019 19:46, Jim K.. wrote:

How much is it to buy a 20ft container?

But where to put it?

Bill

Outside usually...

But not necessarily on your own property. I should have added not only
is the container full but two sheds in the new property are also full

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2019 19:46, Jim K.. wrote:

How much is it to buy a 20ft container?

£600 to £800 at the bottom end of the market, £1500+ for something that
can be guaranteed to be watertight for a good number of years.

Add to this the cost of transportation and possibly rent for somewhere
acceptable to keep it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Wright
writes
Just suppose your relatives turn up out of the blue and with very
little preliminary small talk ask if you have any chain. Imagine the
embarrassment if you are clean out of chain. But the wise man will have
been carefully saving and cataloguing every piece of chain that has
come his way for the last fifty years.

That's where I've been going wrong.

I have a large selection of heavy mooring chain, many decent ropes and
even bags of the too short or too iffy carefully coiled and taped rope
that might come in useful one day.

But it is not catalogued.

I am a failure.
--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Hoarders don't normally know where things are, and thus can't produce them when needed/wanted.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

I normally do. Tho a bigger hoarder mate of mine
has managed to lose an entire beer brewing barrel
and the other associated stuff like the mixing spoon
and hydrometer. He has a lot more hoarded than
I have tho, massive great shed and another 40'
shipping container too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2019 19:46, Jim K.. wrote:

How much is it to buy a 20ft container?

But where to put it?

Bill

Outside usually...

Yes, for those with small rooms, I suppose.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 30 January 2019 19:53:31 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 30/01/2019 19:46, Jim K.. wrote:

How much is it to buy a 20ft container?

But where to put it?

Bill

Inside the 25ft container you brought last week.

There are no 25ft containers and 20ft containers
dont fit inside 40ft containers, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2019 19:46, Jim K.. wrote:

How much is it to buy a 20ft container?

But where to put it?

Bill

Inside the 25ft container you brought last week.

There are no 25ft containers

Foreign idiot

https://www.shippingcontainersuk.com...econd-hand.php

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2019 16:01, Marland wrote:

Foreign idiot

https://www.shippingcontainersuk.com...econd-hand.php

That's a cut down 40 foot with some extra fabrication.

Possibly as its now a non-standard size the fixings for shipping and
stacking it are also non-standard so delivery to your premises may be
more expensive. The manufacturers indicate its not suitable for
shipping, stacking or lifting when unless when empty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2019 19:46, Jim K.. wrote:

How much is it to buy a 20ft container?

But where to put it?

Bill

Inside the 25ft container you brought last week.

There are no 25ft containers

https://www.shippingcontainersuk.com...econd-hand.php

"All containers come as standard at 20ft or 40ft in length, 8ft wide and
8ft6 high."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:
On 02/02/2019 16:01, Marland wrote:

Foreign idiot

https://www.shippingcontainersuk.com...econd-hand.php

That's a cut down 40 foot with some extra fabrication.

Possibly as its now a non-standard size the fixings for shipping and
stacking it are also non-standard so delivery to your premises may be
more expensive. The manufacturers indicate its not suitable for
shipping, stacking or lifting when unless when empty.

Which as our Aussie troll did not mention he wanted it for shipping and was
replying to a post about using one
for storage means it exists for that purpose, so his statement €œTheir are
no 25ft containers €œ is wrong.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 February 2019 00:18:05 UTC, Marland wrote:
alan_m wrote:
On 02/02/2019 16:01, Marland wrote:

Foreign idiot

https://www.shippingcontainersuk.com...econd-hand.php

That's a cut down 40 foot with some extra fabrication.

Possibly as its now a non-standard size the fixings for shipping and
stacking it are also non-standard so delivery to your premises may be
more expensive. The manufacturers indicate its not suitable for
shipping, stacking or lifting when unless when empty.

Which as our Aussie troll did not mention he wanted it for shipping and was
replying to a post about using one
for storage means it exists for that purpose, so his statement €œTheir are
no 25ft containers €œ is wrong.

GH

All his statements are wrong to 99% accuracy. We all know this, except him.

NT