Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Sodding black ice

Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 24 January 2019 19:43:36 UTC, ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.
https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc
Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

But it still drove? You could reverse everywhere?

Right in front of the apprentice.

Now, if you'd have positioned him between the van and the corner, he'd have absorbed the impact.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 24/01/2019 20:06, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

Nope, but never mind.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

A pity as I made a right **** of myself.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

Nope, but never mind.

You're missing nothing, it's just a daft Yorkshireman crashing into a wall.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

Nope, but never mind.

A pity as I made a right **** of myself.

Least it wasnt back at the office with all the office bimbos who
you had made snide remarks about their parking watching.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

Nope, but never mind.

You're missing nothing, it's just a daft Yorkshireman crashing into a wall.

Not just a wall. The corner of a strong building.

A nice dry stoned wall in West Yorkshire would have done less damage to
the van.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

Nope, but never mind.

A pity as I made a right **** of myself.

Was it the fiat? If so result ;-)

FIAT.

And I knew it was going to be a bad day. When I set off for work and
shut the van doors the Fiat badge fell off the van.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

Nope, but never mind.

A pity as I made a right **** of myself.

Was it the fiat? If so result ;-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

Nope, but never mind.

A pity as I made a right **** of myself.

Was it the fiat? If so result ;-)

FIAT.

And I knew it was going to be a bad day. When I set off for work and
shut the van doors the Fiat badge fell off the van.

Omen!

Best apply yourself to prepare the arguments you'll use for why
the boss should *not* replace it with another Fiat...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 24/01/2019 21:16, Jim K.. wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

Nope, but never mind.

A pity as I made a right **** of myself.

Was it the fiat? If so result ;-)

FIAT.

And I knew it was going to be a bad day. When I set off for work and
shut the van doors the Fiat badge fell off the van.

Omen!

Best apply yourself to prepare the arguments you'll use for why
the boss should *not* replace it with another Fiat...

Replacement Fiat van was hit by a car skidding on ice when I was parked
up at work 20 miles away from my first accident. That's just a new wing job.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/01/2019 19:43, ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

You got off lucky.

They don't grit our road. At the top of the hill it goes onto a WW2
airfield, which in the way of these things is big and flat. So the
ditches by the road are 4ft deep.

There was a transit pickup precisely at right angles to the road, with
the back wheels just above the edge of the tarmac. The cab was down in
the ditch.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 08:00:06 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

A pity as I made a right **** of myself.

Least it wasn˘t back at the office with all the office bimbos who
you had made snide remarks about their parking watching.

Least he doesn't ALWAYS make a complete **** of himself like you keep doing
CONSISTENTLY, senile Rot!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gives it that look of don't cross my path, My van don't care any more.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 21:03:24 +0000, ARW wrote:

Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

At parking speed as well, hardly exciting. B-)

A nice dry stoned wall in West Yorkshire would have done less damage to
the van.

I wouldn't like to bet on that:

https://www.howhill.com/images/oops1.html

Near the aptly named Folly Top on the B6278 a few miles south of
Middleton-in-Teesdale and a place where cars frequently leave the
road. The bit of drystone wall I demolished has been rebuilt three or
four more times since I did it.

Trees, even small ones aren't very car friendly either.

https://www.howhill.com/images/oops2.html

Being a Disco II it was still perfectly driveable, only a bit of
superficial bodywork damage, the chassis and suspension was fine.
Plod might have taken umbridge at the lack of front nearside
headlight and indicator if I had continued my journey probably to
Middlesbrough or Hull.

Need less to say I'm acutely aware of the possiblity of black ice now
and probably annoy other drivers by taking it very steady on roads
that might not have been treated in the last six hours or so.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

My browser don't support.

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpo...ature=youtu.be

Nope, but never mind.

You're missing nothing, it's just a daft Yorkshireman crashing into a wall.

Not just a wall. The corner of a strong building.

Looking at the different coloured brickwork someone has hit it a lot
harder in the past.

It may not matter to you but took about 30 seconds to find a large
electrical contractor on that estate via the name of another firm on the
sign by the entrance.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/01/2019 19:43, ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

Unfortunate :-|

Didn't look that fast either, though clearly the other guy coming out
must have known the state of the place...

You think the tarts could lob some grit down? Had that in Travis Perkins
once: car park on a slope, snow and ice, couldn't get out. Had to borrow
a shovel to cut the ice off near the tyres.

Of course there were 2 lazy ****ers inside yapping - in a builders'
merchant that is well stocked with sand and shovels that they couldn't
be arsed to chuck around their carpark.

--
Email does not work

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2019 09:53, Tim Watts wrote:

You think the tarts could lob some grit down? Had that in Travis Perkins
once: car park on a slope, snow and ice, couldn't get out. Had to borrow
a shovel to cut the ice off near the tyres.

I'll just add - that was a particular branch I used to live near.
Current local branch, the blokes generally couldn't be more helpful so
that wasn't a criticism of Travis Perkins in general, just that
particular branch.

Had the same problem many years ago in that particularly bad winter in
Maidstone - had to get a new combi microwave in a hurry as the last one
blew up. A21 dual sections reduced to one lane where the trucks had
cleared the snow.

Got in the car park at the shopping estate. Could hardly get out. PC
World blokes were giving people an extra shove. Less clear cut as the
car park was shared, but you think some bugger would be charged with
gritting at least the slopey bits...

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 24/01/2019 19:43, ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

It's a good crash, as you walked away.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2019 00:20, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Need less to say I'm acutely aware of the possiblity of black ice now
and probably annoy other drivers by taking it very steady on roads
that might not have been treated in the last six hours or so.

Tas many years ago that I 3was eraly up for an appoinment in London, and
taking advantage of te very straight roads that exist somewaht to te
shouth of Newmarket, was doin a little over 110 whn I saw a slight
bend. And felt that lack of feel in thhe steering that sighnifies loss
of grip... black ice or just frost time, the road wasnt doing its bit.

I was by now coasting and excmining thge nbanks to see what the softest
place to crash would be wjhen I nitoced that mif corber there wqas a gap
in te hedge,m and through that gap was shining the sun, and upon te road
itself was that sun shining, amd that bit of road was much *lighter*.

I cosseted the fronmt towrds that patch of road, and once there it was
an all or notingh high G heave to get the momemtum tyransfeered to the
next dark patch and the follwoing straight.

I made it.

--
€śThose who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit
atrocities.€ť

€• Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles Ă* M. Claparede, Professeur de
ThĂ©ologie Ă* Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de
M. de Voltaire
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/01/2019 21:41, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 24/01/2019 19:43, ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

Right in front of the apprentice.

You got off lucky.

They don't grit our road. At the top of the hill it goes onto a WW2
airfield, which in the way of these things is big and flat. So the
ditches by the road are 4ft deep.

There was a transit pickup precisely at right angles to the road, with
the back wheels just above the edge of the tarmac. The cab was down in
the ditch.

Andy

Try the fens for that. I had occasion to do the 'cross country' fen
route up to Wisbech last night. I had forgotton how many ghastly smashed
up roads with 8 ft deep drains either side there are,

And then there was fog.

--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that

Frédéric Bastiat
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 25/01/2019 11:24, GB wrote:
On 24/01/2019 19:43, ARW wrote:
Parked the van squarely into the corner of a building this morning.

https://youtu.be/ztpoEgTUQDc

Probably a write off as walls do not move or bounce.

It's a good crash, as you walked away.

True. Although my back is a bit sore today.

--
Adam