Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Microsoft Wireless Mouse 4000

I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated gunge.
Any ideas how to open it up?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/12/2018 10:06, DerbyBorn wrote:
I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated gunge.
Any ideas how to open it up?

What accumulated gunge?

--
Renewable energy: Expensive solutions that don't work to a problem that
doesn't exist instituted by self legalising protection rackets that

Posted to uk.d-i-y

As nobody has posted the usual response to this yet, I will
angle grinder.

How exactly though do you get gunge in a wireless mouse, presumably it has
no balls and is optical.
Brian

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated gunge.
Any ideas how to open it up?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

How exactly though do you get gunge in a wireless mouse, presumably it
has no ballsÂ* and is optical.

sebum, dead skin and hobnob crumbs tend to get in around the scrollwheel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 10:06:50 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated gunge.
Any ideas how to open it up?

Don't know about the Microsoft one, but my Logitech one has one screw
underneath the battery. Remove this, seperate the top from bottom at
the screw end then unhook the two parts. Lots of gunge around the
scroll wheel!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 10:06:50 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated gunge.
Any ideas how to open it up?

Sometimes a little screw to open the mouse might be covered by some adhesive
label that you'd have to remove first.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/12/2018 11:54, Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

How exactly though do you get gunge in a wireless mouse, presumably it
has no ballsÂ* and is optical.

sebum, dead skin and hobnob crumbs tend to get in around the scrollwheel

Not on mine they don't.

Anyway they are cheap enough. Just buy a new one

That isn't a Microsoft POS

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Peter Thompson
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 16/12/2018 10:06, DerbyBorn wrote:
I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated gunge.
Any ideas how to open it up?

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...Teardown/32438

Depends how likely you think you are to be able to remove and replace
the skids without crinkling them up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote

I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated gunge.
Any ideas how to open it up?

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...Teardown/32438

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 04:51:47 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated gunge.
Any ideas how to open it up?

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...Teardown/32438

You searched the Web, just like you click on EVERY link that gets posted
here, eh, senile Rot? You REALLY got nothing in your old age other than what
goes on on these groups, you obnoxious, self-opinionated, senile pest! G

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lee wrote in
:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...+Mouse+4000+Te
ardown/32438

That was great. I thik I will leave it. A good blow has got rid of some
crud. The tire on the wheel had perished so perhaps I could almost justify
a replacement.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in
:

DerbyBorn wrote

I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated
gunge. Any ideas how to open it up?

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...+Mouse+4000+Te
ardown/32438

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
Lee wrote in
:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...+Mouse+4000+Te
ardown/32438

That was great. I thik I will leave it. A good blow has got rid of some
crud. The tire on the wheel had perished so perhaps I could almost justify
a replacement.

Interesting. I keep getting royally ****ed off with
logitech wireless mice that keep seeing the left
mouse button failing in the warranty period.
Currently reduced to the M560 just because
its got the longest warranty period and I never
have any trouble doing a warranty claim
which I always need to invoke, every time.

But at least the scroll wheel tires don’t perish.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 05:23:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Interesting. I keep getting royally ****ed off with

When are you NOT royally ****ed off, senile Rot? It's what your entire
insipid trolling on all these groups is all about!

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That plastic rubber stuff is a real pain. It seems to be being used all over
the place and whether its the sweat of my hands or just a reaction with the
atmosphere it does seem that in a few short years it goes sticky and gums up
the works and is unpleasant to the touch.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
Lee wrote in
:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...+Mouse+4000+Te
ardown/32438

That was great. I thik I will leave it. A good blow has got rid of some
crud. The tire on the wheel had perished so perhaps I could almost justify
a replacement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

That plastic rubber stuff is a real pain. It seems to be being used all
over the place and whether its the sweat of my hands or just a reaction
with the atmosphere it does seem that in a few short years it goes sticky
and gums up the works and is unpleasant to the touch.

Doesn’t happen with the logitech mice.

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
Lee wrote in
:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Micr...+Mouse+4000+Te
ardown/32438

That was great. I thik I will leave it. A good blow has got rid of some
crud. The tire on the wheel had perished so perhaps I could almost
justify
a replacement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:28:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

That plastic rubber stuff is a real pain. It seems to be being used all
over the place and whether its the sweat of my hands or just a reaction
with the atmosphere it does seem that in a few short years it goes sticky
and gums up the works and is unpleasant to the touch.

Doesn¢t happen with the logitech mice.

You've had them all, senile Rot? You are using them under the same
conditions as him, senile idiot? If not, STFU!

--
Senile Rot about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 18/12/2018 09:14, Brian Gaff wrote:
That plastic rubber stuff is a real pain. It seems to be being used all over
the place and whether its the sweat of my hands or just a reaction with the
atmosphere it does seem that in a few short years it goes sticky and gums up
the works and is unpleasant to the touch.

Dusting it with Magnesium Carbonate Chalk can fix that.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.