Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default patio boarded ramp .

Small patio boarded ramp as become slippery. Any ideas to get over this problem. Jet wash first then what can be used as a preventative cure.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kipper at sea Wrote in
message:
Small patio boarded ramp as become slippery. Any ideas to get over this problem. Jet wash first then what can be used as a preventative cure.

Stapled chicken wire?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/2018 20:44, Kipper at sea wrote:
Small patio boarded ramp as become slippery. Any ideas to get over this problem. Jet wash first then what can be used as a preventative cure.

When you say boarded, do you mean "decking" or some sort of sheet material?

Quick and dirty fix if it does not get very heavy wear is any old gloss
paint plus sharp sand.

If you want to look smarter you can get very tough self adhesive strips
with something like sand embedded in some sort of polymer, used to
reduce slip on steps.

A mate of mine used to make "wheelchair ramps" for London taxies, these
also have a very durable anti-slip coating. I can ask him how they did
it if you like.

As someone else said, chicken wire works but it looks as though it
belongs in country parks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/2018 20:44, Kipper at sea wrote:
Small patio boarded ramp as become slippery. Any ideas to get over this problem. Jet wash first then what can be used as a preventative cure.

Cover it with wire netting.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/2018 21:31, newshound wrote:

If you want to look smarter you can get very tough self adhesive strips
with something like sand embedded in some sort of polymer, used to
reduce slip on steps.

I used this of some slippery (when wet) smooth concrete step around a
year ago - it has worked well.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/anti-slip...mm-x-18m/57217
https://www.screwfix.com/p/anti-slip...mm-x-18m/38874

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/2018 20:44, Kipper at sea wrote:
Small patio boarded ramp as become slippery. Any ideas to get over this problem. Jet wash first then what can be used as a preventative cure.

Old cloths that don't mind the splash-back then a stiff broom and
household bleach to remove/kill algae.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kipper at sea wrote:
Small patio boarded ramp as become slippery. Any ideas to get over this
problem. Jet wash first then what can be used as a preventative cure.

Anti Slip Grip Tape. Indoor or outdoor use- 4 metres- 25mm wide
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0173GPK..._zhAdCbSY4PGB4

I used some on a wheelchair ramp I made using decking boards. Worked well.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound Wrote in message:
On 09/12/2018 20:44, Kipper at sea wrote:
Small patio boarded ramp as become slippery. Any ideas to get over this problem. Jet wash first then what can be used as a preventative cure.

When you say boarded, do you mean "decking" or some sort of sheet material?

Quick and dirty fix if it does not get very heavy wear is any old gloss
paint plus sharp sand.

If you want to look smarter you can get very tough self adhesive strips
with something like sand embedded in some sort of polymer, used to
reduce slip on steps.

A mate of mine used to make "wheelchair ramps" for London taxies, these
also have a very durable anti-slip coating. I can ask him how they did
it if you like.

As someone else said, chicken wire works but it looks as though it
belongs in country parks.

"Someone else" also thinks that in December the chicken wire will
be the quickest solution..

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
newshound writes
Quick and dirty fix if it does not get very heavy wear is any old gloss
paint plus sharp sand.

If you want to look smarter you can get very tough self adhesive strips
with something like sand embedded in some sort of polymer, used to
reduce slip on steps.

On our boat's deck, the original Trakmark(I think it was) that we put on
when it was built all started deteriorating badly.

We took it all off, sanded and coated the deck with epoxy, putting
anti-slip grit that I bought into it while it was still wet. Then we
painted over it.

That must have been over 12 years ago. You can't kneel on it with bare
knees, but you never slip.
--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Could be a trip hazard then though.
I know I've tripped in country parks due, probably to bad fitting or not
enough fixings.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
news
On 09/12/2018 20:44, Kipper at sea wrote:
Small patio boarded ramp as become slippery. Any ideas to get over this
problem. Jet wash first then what can be used as a preventative cure.

Cover it with wire netting.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/2018 20:44, Kipper at sea wrote:
Small patio boarded ramp as become slippery. Any ideas to get over this problem. Jet wash first then what can be used as a preventative cure.

https://www.burts.co.uk/rubber/burts...kaAkGUEALw_wcB

I used that and it worked fine. You need to lay it warm (keep it in the
house for a few days before laying) and fix it with strips all round. If
you lay it cold it crinkles up in warm weather. You can use 12mm x 3mm
alloy strip for the edges or door strips like they use for carpets.

Bill