Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Small kitchen fire

Out of interest (considering all the ******** that has recently been
spouted) I have just had a customer on the phone following a small
kitchen fire.

So this was a grill left on full with the oven/grill glass door closed
and the plastic handle of the grill had melted and set on fire.

It set off the CO detector that I had installed.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW explained on 09/12/2018 :
Out of interest (considering all the ******** that has recently been spouted)
I have just had a customer on the phone following a small kitchen fire.

So this was a grill left on full with the oven/grill glass door closed and
the plastic handle of the grill had melted and set on fire.

It set off the CO detector that I had installed.

Must be an old oven/grill, because our grill shuts down if the door is
closed on it...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/2018 15:15, ARW wrote:
Out of interest (considering all the ******** that has recently been
spouted) I have just had a customer on the phone following a small
kitchen fire.

So this was a grill left on full with the oven/grill glass door closed
and the plastic handle of the grill had melted and set on fire.

It set off the CO detector that I had installed.

That should get you a nice xmas pressie for saving their lives.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/12/18 15:51, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
ARW explained on 09/12/2018 :
Out of interest (considering all the ******** that has recently been spouted)
I have just had a customer on the phone following a small kitchen fire.

So this was a grill left on full with the oven/grill glass door closed and
the plastic handle of the grill had melted and set on fire.

It set off the CO detector that I had installed.

Must be an old oven/grill, because our grill shuts down if the door is
closed on it...

Our 3-years old AEG states that the grill door must be closed. Of two
previous ovens, one stated the door must be closed, the other that it
must be open when using the grill.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 9 December 2018 15:15:50 UTC, ARW wrote:
It set off the CO detector that I had installed.

Interesting. I don't have a CO detector as I'm all-electric but maybe I should think about getting one.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 09/12/2018 15:15, ARW wrote:
Out of interest (considering all the ******** that has recently been
spouted) I have just had a customer on the phone following a small
kitchen fire.

So this was a grill left on full with the oven/grill glass door closed
and the plastic handle of the grill had melted and set on fire.

It set off the CO detector that I had installed.

That should get you a nice xmas pressie for saving their lives.

Not if they had asked him to fit the CO detector in the first place.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 09/12/2018 15:51, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
ARW explained on 09/12/2018 :
Out of interest (considering all the ******** that has recently been
spouted) I have just had a customer on the phone following a small
kitchen fire.

So this was a grill left on full with the oven/grill glass door closed
and the plastic handle of the grill had melted and set on fire.

It set off the CO detector that I had installed.

Must be an old oven/grill, because our grill shuts down if the door is
closed on it...

About 5 years old and cost over £400.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 09/12/2018 16:05, dennis@home wrote:
On 09/12/2018 15:15, ARW wrote:
Out of interest (considering all the ******** that has recently been
spouted) I have just had a customer on the phone following a small
kitchen fire.

So this was a grill left on full with the oven/grill glass door closed
and the plastic handle of the grill had melted and set on fire.

It set off the CO detector that I had installed.

That should get you a nice xmas pressie for saving their lives.

I went back and downloaded the info from the CO detector.

It registered 200ppm.

--
Adam