Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default That's my Xmas shopping done

Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do not.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do not.

I am really jealous... ;-( Enjoy!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 04/12/2018 21:39, JoeJoe wrote:
On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do
not.

I am really jealous... ;-(Â*Â* Enjoy!

I can make you even more jealous.

I paid £100 for it.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do
not.

I am really jealous... ;-(Â*Â* Enjoy!

I can make you even more jealous.

I paid £100 for it.

Now I hate you... ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do not.

Fifty years ago I had treatment for hayfever. It was an injection in
the bum. I don't know what it was but it made me into a sex maniac.
There was a slot machine in the pub and I kept staring at it, wondering
if I could **** it.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2018 05:40, Bill Wright wrote:
On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do
not.

Â*Fifty years ago I had treatment for hayfever. It was an injection in
the bum. I don't know what it was but it made me into a sex maniac.
There was a slot machine in the pub and I kept staring at it, wondering
if I could **** it.

Bill

Well, Adam, here's an opportunity for you to pimp your slot machine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 05/12/2018 06:26, Richard wrote:

Well, Adam, here's an opportunity for you to pimp your slot machine.

At the moment it's in my brothers garage.

And it's staying there until till Christmas so that his alcoholic MiL
can fill it with pound coins on Xmas day.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
On 05/12/2018 06:26, Richard wrote:

Well, Adam, here's an opportunity for you to pimp your slot machine.

At the moment it's in my brothers garage.

And it's staying there until till Christmas so that his alcoholic MiL
can fill it with pound coins on Xmas day.

You're all heart!

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 05/12/2018 20:50, Jim K.. wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 05/12/2018 06:26, Richard wrote:

Well, Adam, here's an opportunity for you to pimp your slot machine.

At the moment it's in my brothers garage.

And it's staying there until till Christmas so that his alcoholic MiL
can fill it with pound coins on Xmas day.

You're all heart!

And pound coins.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 5 December 2018 19:53:37 UTC, ARW wrote:
And it's staying there until till Christmas so that his alcoholic MiL
can fill it with pound coins on Xmas day.

two-pound coins. You don't want to risk her actually getting a payout!

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

At the moment it's in my brothers garage.
And it's staying there until till Christmas

Pinball machine for your birthday?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/12/2018 10:09, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

At the moment it's in my brothers garage.
And it's staying there until till Christmas

Pinball machine for your birthday?

If that was the beginning as well as the end of Adam's Xmas shopping
what are the odds he'll be standing by his birthday?

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:

At the moment it's in my brothers garage.
And it's staying there until till Christmas

Pinball machine for your birthday?

I wish. Have you seen how much they are?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do
not.

Â*Fifty years ago I had treatment for hayfever. It was an injection in
the bum. I don't know what it was but it made me into a sex maniac.

Has it worn off yet?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do
not.

Â*Â*Fifty years ago I had treatment for hayfever. It was an injection in
the bum. I don't know what it was but it made me into a sex maniac.

Has it worn off yet?

Yes I've gone the other way now. I'd rather have a hot dinner quite
honestly.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 05/12/2018 13:47, Bill Wright wrote:

Â*Â*Fifty years ago I had treatment for hayfever. It was an injection
in the bum. I don't know what it was but it made me into a sex maniac.

Has it worn off yet?

Yes I've gone the other way now. I'd rather have a hot dinner quite
honestly.

I think that would beat humping a slot machine for me, too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2018 13:54, GB wrote:
I think that would beat humping a slot machine for me, too.

A very old joke has just popped up from my memory.

This guy sees a new machine outside the post office, and noticed a
couple of blokes walk up to it, insert a coin, put their nether regions
against it, then walk away with a smile.

Great idea he thinks. Puts coins in the slot, todger up to the machine.
He is assailed with an agonising pain, and looks down to see a blue
button sewn neatly on the end...

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do
not.

Fifty years ago I had treatment for hayfever. It was an injection in
the bum. I don't know what it was but it made me into a sex maniac.

Has it worn off yet?

I think it's for life, not just Christmas....
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUup26ITfj4
--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do
not.

Fifty years ago I had treatment for hayfever. It was an injection in
the bum. I don't know what it was but it made me into a sex maniac. There
was a slot machine in the pub and I kept staring at it, wondering if I
could **** it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUup26ITfj4

The arseholes wont let me see it, some waffle about copyright and my
country.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins
do not.

Â* Fifty years ago I had treatment for hayfever. It was an injection
in the bum. I don't know what it was but it made me into a sex
maniac. There was a slot machine in the pub and I kept staring at it,
wondering if I could **** it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUup26ITfj4

The arseholes wont let me see it, some waffle about copyright and my
country.

It might get you too excited.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do
not.

Fifty years ago I had treatment for hayfever. It was an injection in
the bum. I don't know what it was but it made me into a sex maniac. There
was a slot machine in the pub and I kept staring at it, wondering if I
could **** it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUup26ITfj4

The arseholes wont let me see it, some waffle about copyright and my
country.

Maybe it's retricted access so arseholes can't see it.
Perhaps your browers has an arsehole detector installed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 4 December 2018 20:44:16 UTC, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg
A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.
As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"
Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do not.

Usually you slap it on the side and swear a bit.

Known as a puggy in Scotland.

There's probably a forum for such things ...

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do not.

So where do the £1 coins end up?

Perhaps the coin validator only recognises the old £1 coins.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do not.

Does it take the new £1 coins or the old ?. Maybe it is holding
on to them because it thinks they are dodgy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 05/12/2018 18:52, Andrew wrote:
On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do
not.

Does it take the new £1 coins or the old ?. Maybe it is holding
on to them because it thinks they are dodgy.

Further investigation found where the 3rd key that came with it went.
The lock is above where the money pays out. The whole front of the
machine lifts up like a car bonnet and there is a hopper that collects
the pound coins.

It appears that all coins other than pound coins drop to the bottom two
collection boxes and the top hopper is the one used for paying out.The
machine seems to only pay out in pound coins.

Furthermore there is a sticker on the hopper saying that the float has
been increased to £250 as a note changing device has been installed.
This was obviously removed when the machine was taken out of service.

The machine has obviously had a full refurb before been sold and takes
all new coins from 5p to £2.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2018 20:44, ARW wrote:
Always wanted one so I bought myself one.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lotmachine.jpg

A picture of a slot machine if you are visually impaired.

As for the DIY bit "How do you get the pound coins back?"

Silver and £2 coins drop into a box at the bottom but the £1 coins do not.

Found the following YT of interest ...

Inside China's Only Pinball Machine Factory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnPhAn2_bjk

Adam, Where was your slot machine made?

--
Adrian C

Second unit done, project done! Greg Guarino[_2_] Woodworking 12 December 27th 14 06:12 PM
OT Anyone else done their Christmas shopping? ARW UK diy 29 December 1st 14 06:55 PM
OT - Xmas Shopping John UK diy 94 December 25th 08 10:59 PM
Almost done with my home-made vacuum press. Anyone else done one? Joe Emenaker Woodworking 15 August 8th 04 12:23 AM
xmas lights voltage/wattage steve UK diy 13 January 1st 04 05:51 PM