Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hedgehog highways and hibernation stations

I was reading how low the Hedgehog population is getting and how two simple
to achieve things in newly built properties and new fences could actually
make a meaningful change to their fortunes.
Hedgehog Highways. The need for small holes near the bases of fences and
walls so these creatures can roam and find food and indeed, each other. They
are good for gardens, eating pests like slugs after all. The other main
ingredient is hibernation stations. Somewhere undisturbed with enough
insulation and protection for them to hibernate when the weather is bad. We
hear every year at this time of Hedgehogs being burned alive in bonfires, so
making sure there are none before lighting one, and providing a bit of
wilderness or custom made lodgings, so to speak is a good idea also.

OK end of commercial.

Hug a Hedgehog today.

However watch out for the fleas....
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

I was reading how low the Hedgehog population is getting

How low can you go ?

and how two simple to achieve things in newly built properties and new
fences could actually make a meaningful change to their fortunes.

Hedgehog Highways.

Pity about the self driving cars and hoons like the PHucker.

The need for small holes near the bases of fences and walls so these
creatures can roam and find food and indeed, each other.

The mind boggles.

They are good for gardens, eating pests like slugs after all.

My garden/jungle does fine without them.

The other main ingredient is hibernation stations. Somewhere undisturbed
with enough insulation and protection for them to hibernate when the
weather is bad.

Which it always is on that soggy little frigid island infested with EUians.

We hear every year at this time of Hedgehogs being burned alive in
bonfires,

Beats burning other xtian sect member alive I spose...

so making sure there are none before lighting one,

I do.

and providing a bit of wilderness or custom made lodgings, so to speak is
a good idea also.

No hedgehogs ever show up when I do.

OK end of commercial.

Hug a Hedgehog today.

Bugger that, they're too prickly, stupid.

However watch out for the fleas....

I always do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 19:56:06 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

The mind boggles.

ALWAYS, when one comes across your senile trolls, senile cretin!

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

I thought you lot would have already barbequed them to extinction...

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

We have echidnas and wombats and other things..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2018 09:56, Rod Speed wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

Do you have hedgehogs in Oz? If so, who introduced them and why?

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

FMurtz Wrote in message:
Jim K wrote:
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

Needs must.
Twist of black pepper? Marinade for 10 mins before lobbing on the
grill?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 07:51:25 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

How do you know they were burned alive in a bonfire?

How many were?

Shut up. Our little spiky chums need our support. Carry on Brian.

I feed them. Do you Bouffy? or are you too mean?

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news :I was reading how low the Hedgehog population is getting and how two simple
: to achieve things in newly built properties and new fences could actually
: make a meaningful change to their fortunes.
: Hedgehog Highways. The need for small holes near the bases of fences and
: walls so these creatures can roam and find food and indeed, each other.
They
: are good for gardens, eating pests like slugs after all. The other main
: ingredient is hibernation stations. Somewhere undisturbed with enough
: insulation and protection for them to hibernate when the weather is bad.
We
: hear every year at this time of Hedgehogs being burned alive in bonfires,
so
: making sure there are none before lighting one, and providing a bit of
: wilderness or custom made lodgings, so to speak is a good idea also.
:
: OK end of commercial.
:
: Hug a Hedgehog today.
:
: However watch out for the fleas....
: Brian
:
: --
: ----- --
: This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
: The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
:
: Blind user, so no pictures please
: Note this Signature is meaningless.!
:
:

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,
punk ass dole whore troll, no nothing innumerate religious maniac,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
.. .
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

They're a tad thin on the ground here, even before you lot showed up.
Presumably some of you buggers would have brought some like you did
with cats, rabbits, mice, rats, foxes, horse, pigs, buffalo, camels etc, but
if
you did, they didn't survive.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
[...]

Nope.

If so, who introduced them and why?

I'd be surprised if no one has ever tried to introduce
some given that they did introduce everything else,
but if they did, they didn’t survive. They do that to
have some of what they like back home where they
come from and quite often it turns into a pest here.
Happened with humans too and even the abos
did it with dogs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
FMurtz Wrote in message:
Jim K wrote:
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

We don't even bother with carp, we leave those to
you stupid immigrants who don't know any better.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There are still plenty of rats and pigeons though.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim K" wrote in message
.. .
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Too many idle platypuses.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"FMurtz" wrote in message
Jim K wrote:
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

There are still plenty of rats and pigeons though.

Only the immigrants barbeque those.

"Jim K" wrote in message
.. .
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 01:57 am in Australia ...and Senile Rot is up and Trolling AGAIN! LMAO!

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 01:57:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

So, how many hours did sleep last "night", senile Rot? Two or three? You are
even sicker than I already knew you were! LOL

--
Marland addressing bull****ting senile Rot:
"Stay in your wet paper bag you thick twit."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 02:15:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I'd be surprised if no one has ever tried to introduce
some given that they did introduce everything else,
but if they did, they didn¢t survive. They do that to
have some of what they like back home where they
come from and quite often it turns into a pest here.
Happened with humans too

Indeed, and you are a case in point, you abnormal senile pest!

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2018 09:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
snip
We
hear every year at this time of Hedgehogs being burned alive in bonfires

That happened a few years ago to a child who hid inside the bonfire to
stop people from stealing the wood.

And in the days of "Penny for the Guy" another child dressed his younger
brother up as a guy and a butcher's assistant came out the shop and
stabbed what he thought as an effigy with one of his butcher's knives.
He was quite traumatised - the butcher I mean - the 'Guy' was killed.

Sweet dreams. :-)

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
FMurtz Wrote in message:
Jim K wrote:
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

You seem to spout plenty of it...
(Nb Carp are sport fish in blighty, chuckler ;-) )
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
.. .
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

"Us lot"?
You claiming to be indigenous woddles?! :-D:-D
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 02:43:18 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

We don't even bother with carp, we leave those to
you stupid immigrants who don't know any better.

NOBODY in Ozzieland seems to bother with YOU, you abnormal sleepless senile
idiot who gets up every day between 1 and 4 o'clock in the morning just to
be able to continue with his miserable trolling on Usenet!

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rot Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I'd happily have hedgehogs in the garden, but we had to make the lower
fence animal proof to keep the tortoise in when we inherited it!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
FMurtz Wrote in message:
Jim K wrote:
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

We'll see...

(Nb Carp are sport fish in blighty, chuckler ;-) )

Different carp, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
.. .
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

Nope, just born here, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
FMurtz Wrote in message:
Jim K wrote:
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

We know...

(Nb Carp are sport fish in blighty, chuckler ;-) )

Different carp, stupid.

Naturally...

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
.. .
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote

[...]

Woddles is correct for once!!!
Born there stupid!!! :-D:-D
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 08:12:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

We'll see...

So far, we've seen you trolling since about ONE o'clock in the morning in
Australia for about SEVEN HOURS (it's 08:12 there now) without any break,
you totally ****ed up senile idiot!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 08:16:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Not just stupid, more like retarded, you totally ****ed up senile idiot!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

Why do your posts look like this when others do not.

"p-0''0-h the cat (coder)" wrote in
message ...
:
: "Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]
: :
: : OK end of commercial.
: :
: : Hug a Hedgehog today.
: :
: : However watch out for the fleas....
: : Brian
: :
: : --
: : ----- --
: : This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
: : The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
: :
: : Blind user, so no pictures please
: : Note this Signature is meaningless.!
: :
: :
:
:
: Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.
:
: --
: p-0.0-h the cat
:
: Internet Terrorist, Mass sock puppeteer, Agent provocateur, Gutter rat,
: Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey
Boy,
: Certifiable criminal, Spineless cowardly scum, textbook Psychopath,
: the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll
infâme,
: the OVERCAT [The BEARPAIR are dead, and we are its murderers], lowlife
troll,
: shyster [pending approval by STATE_TERROR], cripple, sociopath, kook,
: smug prick, smartarse, arsehole, moron, idiot, imbecile, snittish scumbag,
: liar, total ******* retard, shill, pooh-seur, scouringerer, jumped up
chav,
: punk ass dole whore troll, no nothing innumerate religious maniac,
: lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian, the most complete ignoid, joker, and
furball.
:
: NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist
:
: Honorary SHYSTER and FRAUD awarded for services to Haberdashery.
: By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.
:
: Signature integrity check
: md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896
:
: I mark any message from »Q« the troll as stinky
:

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

On 26/10/2018 05:27, FMurtz wrote:
Why do your posts look like this when others do not.

Prolly cos he has customised some arcane newsreader to make it look that
way.

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc

On 26/10/2018 05:27, FMurtz wrote:
Why do your posts look like this when others do not.

Prolly cos he has customised some arcane newsreader to make it look that
way.

So he is a Windoze boy and using ancient verison of not great software