Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DTV server, RRi DTV 'Hat' not seen?

Andy Burns wrote:

maybe it's expert view, rather than advanced

Doesn't seem to be that, maybe the debian/raspbian package of tvheadend
doesn't include the same modules as fedora?

http://andyburns.uk/photos/tvheadend-grabbers.png
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 13:51:31 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

maybe it's expert view, rather than advanced

Doesn't seem to be that, maybe the debian/raspbian package of tvheadend
doesn't include the same modules as fedora?

http://andyburns.uk/photos/tvheadend-grabbers.png

Oooerr?

Yup, I've only got Channels, Channel Tags, Bouquets and EPG Grabber
Andy?

HTS Tvheadend 4.2.4-dmo1~bpo9+1~rpt1

Thanks for looking etc.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

HTS Tvheadend 4.2.4-dmo1~bpo9+1~rpt1

[root@tower ~]# dnf list tvheadend*
Last metadata expiration check: Thu 25 Oct 2018 15:01:46 BST.
Installed Packages
tvheadend.x86_64 4.2.7-1.fc28 @rpmfusion-free-updates

Though it doesn't sound like a feature that would get added in a 0.0.x
update?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

http://andyburns.uk/photos/tvheadend-grabbers.png

Oooerr?

try setting your user's view level to expert, rather that setting the
default view level, or using the view dropdown.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 18:36:24 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

http://andyburns.uk/photos/tvheadend-grabbers.png

Oooerr?

try setting your user's view level to expert, rather that setting the
default view level, or using the view dropdown.

I've looked but I'm not sure how to do that Andy? FWIW I don't log in
as anything?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

try setting your user's view level to expert, rather that setting the
default view level, or using the view dropdown.

I've looked but I'm not sure how to do that Andy? FWIW I don't log in
as anything?

You've probably got a default "*" user, rather than separate normal and
admin users,

config/users/access entries, pick a user and edit, then under expert
settings, set user interface level to expert.

The authentication config all depends what you answered when first
accessing the web interface ...

alternatively, if your EPG is populating for 7 days on all channels, you
might not need to change the grabber at all
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 19:38:15 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

try setting your user's view level to expert, rather that setting the
default view level, or using the view dropdown.

I've looked but I'm not sure how to do that Andy? FWIW I don't log in
as anything?

You've probably got a default "*" user, rather than separate normal and
admin users,

Probably (I followed the guide etc).

config/users/access entries, pick a user and edit, then under expert
settings, set user interface level to expert.

Done.

The authentication config all depends what you answered when first
accessing the web interface ...

Well, I eventually found where the passwords are set for each of the
extra users (who designed that UI?) and managed to log in with it
(after setting every field I could to Expert mode) bit noting seems to
have changed. ;-(

It's this that reminds me why I rarely seem to get anywhere with this
sort of thing ... it's just not logical or intuitive to me? I had
little issue dealing with the Topfield and the Taps? It's like someone
who actually uses the things in a RW way designed it?

alternatively, if your EPG is populating for 7 days on all channels, you
might not need to change the grabber at all

It seems to be Andy and I'm guessing there is a way of making it look
more 'conventional'? A spreadsheet of every channel for the current
day on the Y axis and the programs in time order on the X?

Cheers, T i m