Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Back to the extract fan and humidity

The extract fan with a humidity sensor, I mentioned in an earlier
thread and the logic of its operation. It has a PIR, which normally
triggers the fan into running, but...

Should it also begin to run or be triggered by rising humidity, or
simply continue to run if the humidity is high, if it is already
running? I still have the leaflet from when I installed it, but it
doesn't mention this point at all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/2018 11:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The extract fan with a humidity sensor, I mentioned in an earlier thread
and the logic of its operation. It has a PIR, which normally triggers
the fan into running, but...

Should it also begin to run or be triggered by rising humidity, or
simply continue to run if the humidity is high, if it is already
running? I still have the leaflet from when I installed it, but it
doesn't mention this point at all.

All the ones I have encountered, simply run continuously when they
detect humidity above their trigger threshold.

The PIR trigger however may be fed into a run on timer, to keep it
running for a period of time after a detection.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm presented the following explanation :
The PIR trigger however may be fed into a run on timer, to keep it running
for a period of time after a detection.

Thanks and yes - the PIR once triggered has a timer setting. I have
that set on 20 minutes run on after triggered.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/2018 11:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The extract fan with a humidity sensor, I mentioned in an earlier thread
and the logic of its operation. It has a PIR, which normally triggers
the fan into running, but...

Should it also begin to run or be triggered by rising humidity, or
simply continue to run if the humidity is high, if it is already
running? I still have the leaflet from when I installed it, but it
doesn't mention this point at all.

Mine runs all the time but at about 40% speed.
It ramps up to about 65% if the light comes on.
If the humidity goes up it ramps up to 85% until the humidity drops.
All programmable.

Should a standard 'yale' type lock need to be turned back to extract the key? Chris Green UK diy 11 December 14th 16 04:23 PM
Extract fan motor pgc2004 Electronics Repair 1 March 24th 06 12:13 AM
Loovent Extract Fan dave smith UK diy 3 November 24th 05 11:00 AM
Bathroom extract fan problem [email protected] UK diy 0 November 3rd 03 10:16 AM
Storing wood - inside humidity vs. outside humidity. Brian Phillips Woodworking 2 July 22nd 03 02:20 PM