Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Back to the extract fan and humidity

On 07/10/2018 11:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The extract fan with a humidity sensor, I mentioned in an earlier thread
and the logic of its operation. It has a PIR, which normally triggers
the fan into running, but...

Should it also begin to run or be triggered by rising humidity, or
simply continue to run if the humidity is high, if it is already
running? I still have the leaflet from when I installed it, but it
doesn't mention this point at all.

All the ones I have encountered, simply run continuously when they
detect humidity above their trigger threshold.

The PIR trigger however may be fed into a run on timer, to keep it
running for a period of time after a detection.

--
Cheers,

John.