Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joe Joe is offline

Default No hot water with my Glowworm Fuelsaver F boiler.

I was told that the board needed to be repaired. Where can I get this done? Is
it cost prohibitive? What would be a good replacement boiler?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...r-1313861-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sounds like how long is a piece of string question. We do not exactly know
what is wrong with the board, but I'd have thought a big name like that
ought to have ann exchange and repair system set up.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Joe" m wrote in message
I was told that the board needed to be repaired. Where can I get this done?
Is
it cost prohibitive? What would be a good replacement boiler?
--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...r-1313861-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 13 September 2018 18:44:04 UTC+1, Joe wrote:
I was told that the board needed to be repaired. Where can I get this done? Is
it cost prohibitive? What would be a good replacement boiler?

cetltd.com

Worcester Bosch or Vaillant. The rest score much worse on the Which tables. I don't love Which, but that's the data we got.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/09/2018 18:44, Joe wrote:

I was told that the board needed to be repaired.

The fulesaver F is a heating only boiler - not a combi. So if you have a
problem with hot water, but the heating still works then its not the
boiler's fault - it must be a fault in the zoning controls.

If you work out what kind of system you have, we can then help
troubleshoot it. See here for the basics:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ols_and_Zoning

Where can I get this
done?

Geoff at CET will be able to supply reconditioned boiler PCBs if required:

http://www.cetltd.com/

Is it cost prohibitive?

Not especially.

What would be a good replacement boiler?

Vaillant, Worcester Bosch and a few others.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/09/2018 01:43, John Rumm wrote:

Geoff at CET will be able to supply reconditioned boiler PCBs if required:

http://www.cetltd.com/

I've used him too. That's 3 votes in favour!

Andy

Intermittent hot water problem on a Glowworm Hotwater Express 100 Rick[_3_] UK diy 2 October 5th 07 10:07 PM
Gloworm Fuelsaver F Problem - HELP URGENT sllimk UK diy 10 February 26th 07 09:01 PM
Glow worm Fuelsaver Andy UK diy 1 October 11th 06 10:15 PM
Glowworm Ultimate - no hot water piv UK diy 3 March 10th 06 10:33 AM
Glowworm Fuelsaver MKII boiler, turns off after 30-60 seconds after running Bal UK diy 18 January 13th 06 05:40 PM