Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Self leveling floor preparation

I want to do something with our small bathroom floor - sheet - or strip
vinyl maybe. I really don't want to add the thckness of plywood over the
tongue and groove. Is there any sort of semi flexible compound that can be
used?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/08/2018 22:01, DerbyBorn wrote:
I want to do something with our small bathroom floor - sheet - or strip
vinyl maybe. I really don't want to add the thckness of plywood over the
tongue and groove. Is there any sort of semi flexible compound that can be
used?

You can get feathering compound, but they normally recommend that goes
over some sheet good. Thin ply or hardboard would do. e.g.

https://pearsonfloorings.co.uk/colle...dean-skim-coat

https://ardex.co.uk/product/ardex-feather-finish/

Its what U used over 5.5mm ply he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...erCompound.jpg

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/08/2018 22:01, DerbyBorn wrote:
I want to do something with our small bathroom floor - sheet - or strip
vinyl maybe. I really don't want to add the thckness of plywood over the
tongue and groove. Is there any sort of semi flexible compound that can be
used?

When we have our bathroom redone recently and our kitchen some years
back, the people who did them used just such a compound. It seemed to be
almost like a thin, rubberery cement mix. They just seem to paint it on,
having gotten the floor reasonably smooth but anything but perfect.

As I recall, it took 24 hours to dry.

--
https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

https://www.jobcentreguide.org/claim...-benefit-fraud