Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Better get an allotment or a second hand refrigerated truck?

In article ,
RJH wrote:
On 23/08/2018 13:24, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 12:49:32 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:
snip

And did anyone explain, in clear terms, what that would likely mean in
practice? An individual's freedoms, job security, freedom of movement,
standard of living? Do you seriously expect me to believe that they did?

No, and anyone claiming to know is a liar, and would be the case
whether we leave or remain, whether Blair got in in 1997 or whether
John Major did etc etc et-bloody-cetra.

How about using your common sense and realising that, gosh, we can't
predict the future, eh?

No, those of us with common sense realised that at the beginning and
therefore required more information before we would be able to vote on
it.

Quite. I really don't understand why Tim S and others don't see that. To
say 'vote leave' means one of several very different things, but we
won't tell you which one, is not much use in a vote.

Quite, again. When people try to convince me to do something I'm not sure
about, I need concrete reasons. Not a different one from everyone.
Especially when so many of those reasons are just hopes and prayers. And
certainly don't believe 'thrust me it will all be OK' from the likes of
Farage, Boris and Rees Mogg. None of which I'd trust with anything, other
than looking after themselves.

Without going into why, I'm not a big supporter of the EU. But for
reasons you say, I'd have been an idiot to vote for Leave at the referendum.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 August 2018 14:03:25 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Most people have reasons for doing things.
Those that had sex with certain film director(s) must have had their reasons apparenty it's so they can get a job, of course they can;t get a job anyother way like the men and wopmen do.
Thing is I doubt either of us would have got those jobs if we'd slept with him so I see this has sex discrimination against MEN and NOT against WOMEN.

Especially when so many of those reasons are just hopes and prayers.

What else does one vote on ?

And
certainly don't believe 'thrust me it will all be OK' from the likes of
Farage, Boris and Rees Mogg.

Some must have believed them, the trouble is they aren't in power to do what they say can be done.

None of which I'd trust with anything, other
than looking after themselves.

I think that goes for most people that rise to power are usualy the worst examples of the human race, I see it here all the time.
To me it seems that stabing sopmeone in the back is the quickest way to get ahead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 August 2018 14:37:12 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Quite. I really don't understand why Tim S and others don't see that. To
say 'vote leave' means one of several very different things, but we
won't tell you which one, is not much use in a vote.

I don't know where you get your funny idea that brexit means one of
several things. I told you what it meant to me and why.

Which would be fine if you were in the position of making it happen. But
you're not - unless Ms May posting under an alias.

I'd like to win the Euro Lottery. Can you make that happen for me too?

It's not that difficult, I;'ve won it a few times, let me check my euromillions record.

On 10th Aug. I won £5.30
on 13th july I won £2.70
on 3rd july I won £4.20

See I'm living the dream, but if you want to win any lottery you have to play it and risk 'losing' that is life that is gambling.

After reading how alchol, even a few drinks a week is bad for you I'm glad I'm down to 2 pints or less a week.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
RJH wrote:
Quite, again. When people try to convince me to do something I'm not sure
about, I need concrete reasons. Not a different one from everyone.
Especially when so many of those reasons are just hopes and prayers. And
certainly don't believe 'thrust me it will all be OK' from the likes of
Farage, Boris and Rees Mogg. None of which I'd trust with anything, other
than looking after themselves.

Without going into why, I'm not a big supporter of the EU.

I don't think they are perfect either. They had done lots of good and some
harm. But I'm not one who believes they can't and won't change with the
times. Or that they are united in a common cause - to do down the UK.

But for reasons you say, I'd have been an idiot to vote for Leave at
the referendum.

Devil you know sort of thing. And they ain't going away even if we crash
out. Will still have a vast influence on the UK - and without us having
any say at all.

--
*What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Especially when so many of those reasons are just hopes and prayers.

What else does one vote on ?

At a general election, a party has a manifesto. As they see things and
intend doing when in power.

Not just 'trust me' from ******s like Farage who were in no position to
deliver anything. Just a skilled wind up merchant.

--
*WHY ARE HEMORRHOIDS CALLED "HEMORRHOIDS" INSTEAD OF "ASTEROIDS"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 August 2018 17:43:49 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Especially when so many of those reasons are just hopes and prayers.

What else does one vote on ?

At a general election, a party has a manifesto. As they see things and
intend doing when in power.

And when in power the manifesto doesn't mean anywhere near as much does it.

Not just 'trust me' from ******s like Farage who were in no position to
deliver anything. Just a skilled wind up merchant.

Seems like he got what he wanted though UK out of the EU, but of course he had no power did he.

If he had NO power then want did cameron have ultimate power ?

Farage had no power because ...........

finish the sentance.