Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermostatic valve on bar mixer suddenlt very tight. Triton.

This morning the thermostatic adjuster on the bar of the Triton shower
mixer (can't find model number without extensive digging) suddenly
tightened right up.

I assumed a problem with the knob, but I removed that and it seemed fine.
The problem seems to be internal to the valve.
Anybody fixed a similar shower?

There is stuff on the Internet but not masses.

Having a bad day for breaking things.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 11:41:44 +0000, David wrote:

This morning the thermostatic adjuster on the bar of the Triton shower
mixer (can't find model number without extensive digging) suddenly
tightened right up.

I assumed a problem with the knob, but I removed that and it seemed
fine.
The problem seems to be internal to the valve.
Anybody fixed a similar shower?

There is stuff on the Internet but not masses.

Having a bad day for breaking things.

Just to add that to look for parts I need the model name or serial number.

So far, I have found the word "Triton" on the shower body but no
indication of which model.

It has a diverter valve between a hand held shower wand and an overhead
shower head. The service page has 41 hits for "diverter" at roughly 2 per
model.

Some loft surfing for invoices is now required. :-(

Why can't they have model names on the shower body????

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2018 13:06, David wrote:
[...]

Might be worth seeing if you can match the cartridge to the pictu

https://www.showerdoc.com/shower-acc...tridges/triton

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Google Triton shower and search by "image" to find one that looks the same
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
David writes:
This morning the thermostatic adjuster on the bar of the Triton shower
mixer (can't find model number without extensive digging) suddenly
tightened right up.

I assumed a problem with the knob, but I removed that and it seemed fine.
The problem seems to be internal to the valve.
Anybody fixed a similar shower?

There is stuff on the Internet but not masses.

Having a bad day for breaking things.

Scaled up?

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 06 Aug 2018 07:31:58 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
David writes:
This morning the thermostatic adjuster on the bar of the Triton shower
mixer (can't find model number without extensive digging) suddenly
tightened right up.

I assumed a problem with the knob, but I removed that and it seemed
fine.
The problem seems to be internal to the valve.
Anybody fixed a similar shower?

There is stuff on the Internet but not masses.

Having a bad day for breaking things.

Scaled up?

No, we have a water softener.

Some vigorous twisting from very cold to very hot demonstrated that it was
incredibly stiff at both extremes, but did free it off in the mid range
that we use.

So issue parked for another day. Which is good.

Cheers

Dave R

---