Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Thermostatic valve on bar mixer suddenlt very tight. Triton.

On 05/08/2018 13:06, David wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 11:41:44 +0000, David wrote:

This morning the thermostatic adjuster on the bar of the Triton shower
mixer (can't find model number without extensive digging) suddenly
tightened right up.

I assumed a problem with the knob, but I removed that and it seemed
fine.
The problem seems to be internal to the valve.
Anybody fixed a similar shower?

There is stuff on the Internet but not masses.

Having a bad day for breaking things.

Just to add that to look for parts I need the model name or serial number.

So far, I have found the word "Triton" on the shower body but no
indication of which model.

It has a diverter valve between a hand held shower wand and an overhead
shower head. The service page has 41 hits for "diverter" at roughly 2 per
model.

Some loft surfing for invoices is now required. :-(

Why can't they have model names on the shower body????

Might be worth seeing if you can match the cartridge to the pictu

https://www.showerdoc.com/shower-acc...tridges/triton

--
Cheers,

John.