Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glyphosate and neigbours revisited

The glyphosate saga ended well. One of the neighbours asked what I
had done in the garden. I said I had just put down some basic
weedkiller to make a start on tackling the weeds. Another neighbour
said she did not know that had happened to the vegetation in the
garden - it must have been the drought (not noticing that all other
gardens were unaffected).
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 04/08/2018 15:06, Scott wrote:
The glyphosate saga ended well. One of the neighbours asked what I
had done in the garden. I said I had just put down some basic
weedkiller to make a start on tackling the weeds. Another neighbour
said she did not know that had happened to the vegetation in the
garden - it must have been the drought (not noticing that all other
gardens were unaffected).

Thanks for the reminder.

Just had a have a look at the tree that I gave a good dosing of
glyphosate about 8 weeks ago.

All the leaves are drooping and it does not look happy.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 15:25:22 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 04/08/2018 15:06, Scott wrote:
The glyphosate saga ended well. One of the neighbours asked what I
had done in the garden. I said I had just put down some basic
weedkiller to make a start on tackling the weeds. Another neighbour
said she did not know that had happened to the vegetation in the
garden - it must have been the drought (not noticing that all other
gardens were unaffected).

Thanks for the reminder.

Just had a have a look at the tree that I gave a good dosing of
glyphosate about 8 weeks ago.

All the leaves are drooping and it does not look happy.

My sister-in-law says it needs some rain or watering in to ensure it
gets absorbed by the roots. May be wrong of course.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

On 04/08/2018 15:06, Scott wrote:
The glyphosate saga ended well. One of the neighbours asked what I
had done in the garden. I said I had just put down some basic
weedkiller to make a start on tackling the weeds. Another neighbour
said she did not know that had happened to the vegetation in the
garden - it must have been the drought (not noticing that all other
gardens were unaffected).

Thanks for the reminder.

Just had a have a look at the tree that I gave a good dosing of
glyphosate about 8 weeks ago.

All the leaves are drooping and it does not look happy.

My sister-in-law says it needs some rain or watering in to ensure it
gets absorbed by the roots. May be wrong of course.

It got a 20mm hole drilled into the trunk and the glyphosphate poured
into the hole. The rain seems to have done its job.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 04/08/2018 15:06, Scott wrote:
The glyphosate saga ended well. One of the neighbours asked what I
had done in the garden. I said I had just put down some basic
weedkiller to make a start on tackling the weeds. Another neighbour
said she did not know that had happened to the vegetation in the
garden - it must have been the drought (not noticing that all other
gardens were unaffected).

Thanks for the reminder.

Just had a have a look at the tree that I gave a good dosing of
glyphosate about 8 weeks ago.

All the leaves are drooping and it does not look happy.

My sister-in-law says it needs some rain or watering in to ensure it
gets absorbed by the roots. May be wrong of course.

Glyphosate is not absorbed by the roots

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 04/08/2018 15:06, Scott wrote:
The glyphosate saga ended well. One of the neighbours asked what I
had done in the garden. I said I had just put down some basic
weedkiller to make a start on tackling the weeds. Another neighbour
said she did not know that had happened to the vegetation in the
garden - it must have been the drought (not noticing that all other
gardens were unaffected).

Thanks for the reminder.

Just had a have a look at the tree that I gave a good dosing of
glyphosate about 8 weeks ago.

All the leaves are drooping and it does not look happy.

My sister-in-law says it needs some rain or watering in to ensure it
gets absorbed by the roots. May be wrong of course.

It needs the plant to be growing so there's a good circulation of
sap. I applied some in the dry weather, and hasn't worked anywhere
near as effectively as it would if there was enough water around
for the plants to be actually growing. It might still operate if
we get rain. It doesn't work by watering in to the soil - soil
deactivates it. It needs to be absorbed by the plant above ground,
and carried to the roots in the sap. Most preparations have
detergents in them so it is absorbed through the leaves.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 04/08/2018 15:06, Scott wrote:
The glyphosate saga ended well. One of the neighbours asked what I
had done in the garden. I said I had just put down some basic
weedkiller to make a start on tackling the weeds. Another neighbour
said she did not know that had happened to the vegetation in the
garden - it must have been the drought (not noticing that all other
gardens were unaffected).

Thanks for the reminder.

Just had a have a look at the tree that I gave a good dosing of
glyphosate about 8 weeks ago.

All the leaves are drooping and it does not look happy.

My sister-in-law says it needs some rain or watering in to ensure it
gets absorbed by the roots. May be wrong of course.

Glyphosate is not absorbed by the roots

Thanks. I should probably have said 'transported through the plant'.
My sister-in-law says it needs some rain or watering in to ensure it
is transported through the plant. May be wrong of course.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 22:31:14 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It'll be absorbed through the leaves initially. Most plants absorb some
moisture through the leaves too I expect, so possible a bit of water on
teh leaves once the stuff has gone in, may help.

Thanks. That's clearer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I was told you needed to cut the bark off a tree anout 5 inches or so all aroundas most of the nutrients flow through the bark to the leaves removing the bark kills the tree but only slowly. That way you don't need chemicals.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Or use dynamite as Clarkson once did on Comic Relief.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Ah I didn't know the aim was to murder it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Indeed. The ****ers that own it have not given me permission to kill it.

--
Adam

Glyphosate and neighbours Scott[_17_] UK diy 66 June 25th 18 10:17 AM
Healthy Whole Grains and glyphosate Mo Drugs Home Repair 0 October 10th 15 04:29 PM
hypocritical neigbours gazz UK diy 80 November 9th 09 09:38 PM
Those neigbours of mine gazz UK diy 7 October 23rd 09 09:28 PM
OTHow to piss the neigbours off but not go too far? long gazz UK diy 51 October 20th 09 07:18 PM