Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hypocritical neigbours

Remember those neigbours of mine, the ones that put that scaffild pole based
lamp post at the end of the drive so i cant get my motorhome out,

they didnt put it there to stop me getting my van out it seems, they put it
there so they could tie a rope to it and the wall on the other side of their
drive, and hang a sign saying 'no trick or treaters' off the rope!!!!

fair enough i thought when i saw it, not everyone wants kids knocking on the
door all the time demanding sweets, but most people put the sign on their
door, maybe next door are so anal about their drive now they can't bear the
thought of a few kids walking up it to read a sign on the door.

But what really got me was... i've just got back in from walking the dog,
****s are letting fireworks off so she's ****ting her self, i stop at the
end of the next road along to try and calm her down, and i see 2 adults with
a young kid going from house to house, kid is dressed up as a witch, they
are trick or treating,

can you guess who it was yet??

yup, those same neigbours who dont want kids begging for sweets off them are
only too happy to do it them selves.

the sign is still on the rope at their house, and untill half an hour ago
they were in,
i'm not going to do owt, but i am sorely tempted to egg their house and
pretend it was some disgruntled trick or treaters who didnt like their sign,
or maybe change the sign for one that reads 'beware of the misearble ****s'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , gazz
writes

i'm not going to do owt, but i am sorely tempted to egg their house and
pretend it was some disgruntled trick or treaters who didnt like their
sign,
or maybe change the sign for one that reads 'beware of the misearble
****s'

Around my way someone would have soaked it in paraffin and set fire to
it by now...............

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , gazz
writes

i'm not going to do owt, but i am sorely tempted to egg their house and
pretend it was some disgruntled trick or treaters who didnt like their
sign,
or maybe change the sign for one that reads 'beware of the misearble
****s'

Around my way someone would have soaked it in paraffin and set fire to it
by now...............

damn, i'm out of parafin, but it'd make a pretty candle i rekon, go with all
the rockets the ****s are letting off atm.

i wish they had used chain, then i could have welded it to the pole whilst
they were out begging for sweets,
maybe a dribble of superglue on the knots would be an idea.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , gazz
writes
Remember those neigbours of mine, the ones that put that scaffild pole
based lamp post at the end of the drive so i cant get my motorhome out,

they didnt put it there to stop me getting my van out it seems, they
put it there so they could tie a rope to it and the wall on the other
side of their drive, and hang a sign saying 'no trick or treaters' off
the rope!!!!

fair enough i thought when i saw it, not everyone wants kids knocking
on the door all the time demanding sweets, but most people put the sign
on their door,

Round our way, if you are welcoming T or T -ers you put out a pumpkin or
somesuch Halloweeny decoration, and the other houses are left alone.
Seems to be observed even by the teenagers.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Around my way someone would have soaked it in paraffin and set fire to it
by now...............

Around my way they'd have drunk the paraffin .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Round our way, if you are welcoming T or T -ers you put out a pumpkin or
somesuch Halloweeny decoration, and the other houses are left alone. Seems
to be observed even by the teenagers.

Do you have to go through the government's new vetting scheme before you can
open the door to children T or T ing ???

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:13:45 +0000, chris French
had this to say:

In message , gazz
writes
Remember those neigbours of mine, the ones that put that scaffild pole
based lamp post at the end of the drive so i cant get my motorhome out,

they didnt put it there to stop me getting my van out it seems, they
put it there so they could tie a rope to it and the wall on the other
side of their drive, and hang a sign saying 'no trick or treaters' off
the rope!!!!

fair enough i thought when i saw it, not everyone wants kids knocking
on the door all the time demanding sweets, but most people put the sign
on their door,

Round our way, if you are welcoming T or T -ers you put out a pumpkin or
somesuch Halloweeny decoration, and the other houses are left alone.
Seems to be observed even by the teenagers.

Is this pumpkin idea an Americanism? It used to be turnip lanterns
when I was young.

It all just seemed (seems!) to be noisy fireworks tonight anyway.
Hopefully they'll all be used up by 5 Nov.... Some chance!

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31 Oct, 22:22, Bill wrote:

Around my way someone would have soaked it in paraffin and set fire to
it by now...............

We had about 8 groups of well-mannered trick or treaters tonight.

Then someone appears to have sprayed(?) hairspray(?) / paraffin(?)
into our large gatepost pumpkin to "blow **** up"(tm). Impressive
flare, we saw it from the house, but the pumpkin survived. I'm just
hoping that their shellsuit caught light and there's a scorched chav
somewhere, face down in the rhene and smouldering slightly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That's the best excuse I've heard yet. Must remember it for next year.

They wont be out next year ... Gordon Brown will have them all working down
the pits to pay of the huge debts he's racked up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Ash
writes
Round our way, if you are welcoming T or T -ers you put out a pumpkin or
somesuch Halloweeny decoration, and the other houses are left alone. Seems
to be observed even by the teenagers.

Do you have to go through the government's new vetting scheme before you can
open the door to children T or T ing ???

Not if the intent is just to murder them

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not if the intent is just to murder them

O Cheers !!!!! Just slurping a nice mouthful of cheap vino when I read your
reply and the next second I'm having to clean my monitor of slightly warmed
wine!

A bit of warning next time my dear chap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
nnk nnk is offline

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 31 Oct, 22:22, Bill wrote:

Around my way someone would have soaked it in paraffin and set fire to
it by now...............

We had about 8 groups of well-mannered trick or treaters tonight.

Then someone appears to have sprayed(?) hairspray(?) / paraffin(?)
into our large gatepost pumpkin to "blow **** up"(tm). Impressive
flare, we saw it from the house, but the pumpkin survived. I'm just
hoping that their shellsuit caught light and there's a scorched chav
somewhere, face down in the rhene and smouldering slightly.

"blow **** up(tm)" - umm sounds like someone has been killing zombies in COD
WAW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gazz wrote:

i am sorely tempted to egg their house

You're obsessed with your neighbours. Either move or grow a thicker
skin.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

gazz wrote:
Remember those neigbours of mine, the ones that put that scaffild
pole based lamp post at the end of the drive so i cant get my
motorhome out,

Angle grinder.

[...]

Angle grinder?

yup, those same neigbours who dont want kids begging for sweets off
them are only too happy to do it them selves.

Oh. So not Angle grinder.

the sign is still on the rope at their house, and untill half an hour
ago they were in,
i'm not going to do owt, but i am sorely tempted to egg their house
and pretend it was some disgruntled trick or treaters who didnt like
their sign, or maybe change the sign for one that reads 'beware of
the misearble Angle grinders.'

Good idea, now STFU about your neighbours, there's a good chap, or... well,
you know.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2009 23:29 Frank Erskine wrote:

Is this pumpkin idea an Americanism?

Seems to be.

It used to be turnip lanterns
when I was young.

Same here. Them were't days.

If/when I can be bothered to answer the door and they ask 'trick or
treat' I usually tell them I'll have a treat. Causes much head
scratching and confusion...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:29:50 +0000, Frank Erskine
wrote:

Is this pumpkin idea an Americanism? It used to be turnip lanterns
when I was young.

Pumpkins are a lot easier to scoop the insides out of!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ash wrote:
Not if the intent is just to murder them

O Cheers !!!!! Just slurping a nice mouthful of cheap vino when I
read your reply and the next second I'm having to clean my monitor of
slightly warmed wine!

A bit of warning next time my dear chap.

He's a terrible fellow. He's done that on more than one occasion to me!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
gazz wrote:
Remember those neigbours of mine, the ones that put that scaffild
pole based lamp post at the end of the drive so i cant get my
motorhome out,

Angle grinder.

angle grinder will make too much noise,

i was wondering about some acid that eats away galvanised steel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gazz wrote:
Remember those neigbours of mine, the ones that put that scaffild
pole based lamp post at the end of the drive so i cant get my
motorhome out,

Angle grinder.

angle grinder will make too much noise,

i was wondering about some acid that eats away galvanised steel.

I've got about a gallon of concentrated h2so4.....

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gazz wrote:
Remember those neigbours of mine, the ones that put that scaffild
pole based lamp post at the end of the drive so i cant get my
motorhome out,

Angle grinder.

I suspect "local council" would work better. Planners usually take a dim
view of individuals erecting their own street furniture.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dip partly cooked sprouts into melted chocolate and, when cooled and
hardened, wrap up as Ferrero Rocher. That should see the buggers off.
--

There she blows ?!?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hypocritical neighbours

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
gazz wrote:

i am sorely tempted to egg their house

You're obsessed with your neighbours. Either move or grow a thicker
skin.

I can't work out why he thinks he should be able to drive over his
neighbours property in the first place.

He would be in real trouble if he moved here as there are restrictive
covenants that say you can't park on the road and you can't park anything
that doesn't fit in the garage on your drive.

It stops people having monstrosities like mobile homes all over the place.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:30:05 -0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

I can't work out why he thinks he should be able to drive over his
neighbours property in the first place.

I have to agree.

Even on the basis of his own description of how he has behaved, he is
the neighbour from Hell. I suspect the whole truth would paint an
even worse picture.

It would be interesting to have the neighbours' viewpoint. I feel
quite sorry for them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have to agree.

Even on the basis of his own description of how he has behaved, he is
the neighbour from Hell. I suspect the whole truth would paint an
even worse picture.

It would be interesting to have the neighbours' viewpoint. I feel
quite sorry for them.

You mean a real case of Meet the Fockers .... !?!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I can't work out why he thinks he should be able to drive over his
neighbours property in the first place.

I have to agree.

Even on the basis of his own description of how he has behaved, he is
the neighbour from Hell. I suspect the whole truth would paint an
even worse picture.

It would be interesting to have the neighbours' viewpoint. I feel
quite sorry for them.

I expect that he will be back at school tomorrow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gazz" wrote in message
[...]

Well I am a miserable ******* and I do not want to be bothered by loads of
kids that I do not know asking me for money/sweets etc.

So on Halloween I just **** off down to the pub as soon as it gets dark.

And people who light fireworks are not ****s.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Is this pumpkin idea an Americanism? It used to be turnip lanterns
when I was young.

Pumpkins are a lot easier to scoop the insides out of!!

Nah............Kids are *much* easier to scoop out (After they stop
screaming and wriggling that is)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:04:35 -0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:
.. .
wrote:

I can't work out why he thinks he should be able to drive over his
neighbours property in the first place.

I have to agree.

Even on the basis of his own description of how he has behaved, he is
the neighbour from Hell. I suspect the whole truth would paint an
even worse picture.

It would be interesting to have the neighbours' viewpoint. I feel
quite sorry for them.

I expect that he will be back at school tomorrow.

Oh, get a life. Or better still, move somewhere you can live among
like-minded people. There must be a suitable sink estate within a
reasonable distance. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Zhang Dawei wrote:
On 01/11/2009, 10:12:01, in uk.d-i-y
),
Owain wrote:
The (probably) teenage skeleton that called last night did not look
impressed when I tossed a Tesco Value 'Penguin' biscuit into his
bucket.

Dip partly cooked sprouts into melted chocolate and, when cooled and
hardened, wrap up as Ferrero Rocher. That should see the buggers off.

Lovely idea - saving that one for next year!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home
wibbled on Sunday 01 November 2009 15:30

He would be in real trouble if he moved here as there are restrictive
covenants that say you can't park on the road and you can't park anything
that doesn't fit in the garage on your drive.

It stops people having monstrosities like mobile homes all over the place.

Sounds horrible - glad I don't live with a covenant like that.

Technically our bit of the road does have a covenant dating from 50 years
back: things like no caravans, travelling fairs, no business conducted save
that of doctor, solicitor, nurse, midwife, accountant...

In essence "no gypsies"

But we generally ignore it as no one really cares anymore. We're normal
reasonable people.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:

Next year I shall try to remember to put a dummy on the hall floor,
have a wire to pull the front door open unseen and another wire to
roll the head of the dummy onto the floor. I can trip the close lights
remotely too so it all goes completely dark.

I was at a party last night that had a fancy dress competition. One
guy's daughter is a make-up artiste, and she did him with a rather good
white face, blacked out eyes, and some green blotches. He'd just put on
the black cape and picked up his axe ready to go to the party when the
doorbell rang.

Apparently he got a real scream from one of the kids!

Andy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
wrote

So on Halloween I just **** off down to the pub as soon as it gets dark.

Snap, yesterday I went down to the pub at 6:30 and watched their
firework display at 8:30.

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim W" wrote in message

But we generally ignore it as no one really cares anymore. We're normal
reasonable people.

Reasonable people don't go about asking for methods of getting their own
back.
Reasonable people ask for advice on how to resolve the issues.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim W
writes
dennis@home
wibbled on Sunday 01 November 2009 15:30

He would be in real trouble if he moved here as there are restrictive
covenants that say you can't park on the road and you can't park anything
that doesn't fit in the garage on your drive.

It stops people having monstrosities like mobile homes all over the place.

Sounds horrible - glad I don't live with a covenant like that.

Technically our bit of the road does have a covenant dating from 50 years
back: things like no caravans, travelling fairs, no business conducted save
that of doctor, solicitor, nurse, midwife, accountant...

In essence "no gypsies"

But we generally ignore it as no one really cares anymore. We're normal
reasonable people.

But you just KNOW that dennis is a curtain twitcher

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "R" saying
something like:

Pumpkins are a lot easier to scoop the insides out of!!

Nah............Kids are *much* easier to scoop out (After they stop
screaming and wriggling that is)

One leads to the other.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce
saying something like:

It would be interesting to have the neighbours' viewpoint. I feel
quite sorry for them.

I suspect you and them would get on, eh Brucie?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home"
saying something like:

Reasonable people don't go about asking for methods of getting their own
back.
Reasonable people ask for advice on how to resolve the issues.

Oh, you pompous ****, Dennis.
See how you'd like it living next door a family of petty-minded ****s
like Gazz has to. You and Brucie should set up home together.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim W" wrote in message
dennis@home
wibbled on Sunday 01 November 2009 15:30

He would be in real trouble if he moved here as there are restrictive
covenants that say you can't park on the road and you can't park anything
that doesn't fit in the garage on your drive.

It stops people having monstrosities like mobile homes all over the
place.

Sounds horrible - glad I don't live with a covenant like that.

Technically our bit of the road does have a covenant dating from 50 years
back: things like no caravans, travelling fairs, no business conducted
save
that of doctor, solicitor, nurse, midwife, accountant...

In essence "no gypsies"

It keeps the villagers that live on the otherside of the bypass away
though:-)

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:10:07 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce
saying something like:

It would be interesting to have the neighbours' viewpoint. I feel
quite sorry for them.

I suspect you and them would get on, eh Brucie?

Even if I have almost nothing in common with my neighbours, I always
make an effort to get on with them. As a result, many former and
current neighbours are numbered among my personal friends.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:10:07 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce
saying something like:

It would be interesting to have the neighbours' viewpoint. I feel
quite sorry for them.

I suspect you and them would get on, eh Brucie?

Even if I have almost nothing in common with my neighbours, I always
make an effort to get on with them. As a result, many former and
current neighbours are numbered among my personal friends.

Some people are just ****s. And if you live next door to people like that
then then your neighbours are ****s. Gazz probably lives next door to a
family of ****s.

I used to have that problem. They moved. Problem solved

Adam

Those neigbours of mine gazz UK diy 7 October 23rd 09 09:28 PM
OTHow to piss the neigbours off but not go too far? long gazz UK diy 51 October 20th 09 07:18 PM
OT- Obama Careless AND Hypocritical? Theres a shock... Steve W.[_2_] Metalworking 0 February 4th 09 05:49 PM
OT- Obama Careless AND Hypocritical? Theres a shock... Steve W.[_2_] Metalworking 0 February 4th 09 05:40 PM