Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ford capless fuel fillers..

anybody found a permanent cure for the code thrown up regularly by these
useless gadgets ?

and anybody tried these?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_5PiV7Gss

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
anybody found a permanent cure for the code thrown up regularly by these
useless gadgets ?

and anybody tried these?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_5PiV7Gss

don't suppose they seal but might keep the dirt out ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
anybody found a permanent cure for the code thrown up regularly by these
useless gadgets ?

and anybody tried these?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_5PiV7Gss

Fark, pity about the background 'music'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2018 19:31, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
anybody found a permanent cure for the code thrown up regularly by these
useless gadgets ?

and anybody tried these?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_5PiV7Gss

What code?
Mine hasn't done anything yet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fords... Well a number of people I know with fords seem to also be having
issues with faulty hand brakes in the is hot weather with the attendant Ice
Cream Van tinkle.
I'm thinking of starting a get back to basics mechanical hand brake society.
Indeed as a non driver I do find it a bit tiresome when everyone I know who
can see seems to have problems with the electronics in their cars!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
anybody found a permanent cure for the code thrown up regularly by these
useless gadgets ?

and anybody tried these?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_5PiV7Gss

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/2018 08:32, dennis@home wrote:

What code?
Mine hasn't done anything yet.

It may depend on the vehicle and/or year of manufacturer and/or if the
outer fuel door is sealing properly.

Judging by some of the other Youtube videos Ford re-designed the capless
fuel hose for later models (2013/14???) On some models the fuel door
position is further up from the road or back wheel and so tends to get
less muck flung up to that location. The problem seems to be very small
grit particles stopping the sprung fuel flap in the pipe from fully closing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Fords... Well a number of people I know with fords seem to also be having
issues with faulty hand brakes in the is hot weather with the attendant
Ice Cream Van tinkle.

None of those I know with fords do and it gets
a hell of a lot hotter here than it does there.

I'm thinking of starting a get back to basics mechanical hand brake
society.

Pass.

Indeed as a non driver I do find it a bit tiresome when everyone I know
who can see seems to have problems with the electronics in their cars!

I don’t.

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
anybody found a permanent cure for the code thrown up regularly by these
useless gadgets ?

and anybody tried these?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_5PiV7Gss

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 26/07/2018 08:32, dennis@home wrote:

What code?
Mine hasn't done anything yet.

It may depend on the vehicle and/or year of manufacturer and/or if the
outer fuel door is sealing properly.

Judging by some of the other Youtube videos Ford re-designed the capless
fuel hose for later models (2013/14???) On some models the fuel door
position is further up from the road or back wheel and so tends to get
less muck flung up to that location. The problem seems to be very small
grit particles stopping the sprung fuel flap in the pipe from fully
closing.

yes a nother flap to try and keep out the dirt...mine is a 2012........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/2018 09:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
Fords... Well a number of people I know with fords seem to also be having
issues with faulty hand brakes in the is hot weather with the attendant Ice
Cream Van tinkle.
I'm thinking of starting a get back to basics mechanical hand brake society.
Indeed as a non driver I do find it a bit tiresome when everyone I know who
can see seems to have problems with the electronics in their cars!
Brian

No thanks, I would rather have the electric one.

I had one for seven years with no problems but the current car has a
lever and they are horrible.

I have to be very careful about putting it on as if I do it too well the
wife can't release it even with both hands.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/2018 10:04, alan_m wrote:
On 26/07/2018 08:32, dennis@home wrote:

What code?
Mine hasn't done anything yet.

It may depend on the vehicle and/or year of manufacturer and/or if the
outer fuel door is sealing properly.

Judging by some of the other Youtube videos Ford re-designed the capless
fuel hose for later models (2013/14???) On some models the fuel door
position is further up from the road or back wheel and so tends to get
less muck flung up to that location. The problem seems to be very small
grit particles stopping the sprung fuel flap in the pipe from fully
closing.

OK, mines only 4 months old.
If I get trouble it will go back to be fixed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 26/07/2018 10:04, alan_m wrote:
On 26/07/2018 08:32, dennis@home wrote:

What code?
Mine hasn't done anything yet.

It may depend on the vehicle and/or year of manufacturer and/or if the
outer fuel door is sealing properly.

Judging by some of the other Youtube videos Ford re-designed the capless
fuel hose for later models (2013/14???) On some models the fuel door
position is further up from the road or back wheel and so tends to get
less muck flung up to that location. The problem seems to be very small
grit particles stopping the sprung fuel flap in the pipe from fully
closing.

OK, mines only 4 months old.
If I get trouble it will go back to be fixed.

which the dealer won't be able to do .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/2018 17:45, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 26/07/2018 10:04, alan_m wrote:
On 26/07/2018 08:32, dennis@home wrote:

What code?
Mine hasn't done anything yet.

It may depend on the vehicle and/or year of manufacturer and/or if the
outer fuel door is sealing properly.

Judging by some of the other Youtube videos Ford re-designed the capless
fuel hose for later models (2013/14???) On some models the fuel door
position is further up from the road or back wheel and so tends to get
less muck flung up to that location. The problem seems to be very small
grit particles stopping the sprung fuel flap in the pipe from fully
closing.

OK, mines only 4 months old.
If I get trouble it will go back to be fixed.

which the dealer won't be able to do .......

The fix shown on Youtube is to clean off the dust/grit from the closed
flap with compressed air and then insert and remove the emergency fuel
funnel[1] a dozen or more times. The cap mentioned in the original post
may stop grit etc. entering the fuel pipe.

[1]
"Genuine" Ford item available on Ebay for around £5 (different funnels
for different fuels/models). It's a funnel that fits into the fuel pipe
to open the sprung flap(s) when filling from a can without the
appropriate spout.

Capless Retro Futurist ... UK diy 14 October 2nd 17 07:28 AM
Four Tips When Choosing New Ford Truck Seat Covers.(ford truckaccessory) [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 29th 08 04:12 AM
Fillers The Medway Handyman UK diy 12 August 28th 06 01:09 AM
Bath overflow fillers Peter Riocreux UK diy 6 March 14th 05 07:15 PM
Speaking of fillers [email protected] Woodworking 0 February 25th 05 07:21 PM