Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Removing rust from porcelain sink :-)

I couldnt resist..........Wife was moaning about a rust mark down the
sink caused with a few drips over a couple of years when the tap was
turned off which hit the overflow outlet.

So told her to google it as she cant afford to pay for my knowledge :-)
She tried lemon juice /salt/bicarbonate of soda/bleach/vinegar and
everthing in between nothing removed it.

Knowing one way or the other I would remove the stain I told her when I
have a couple of minutes to spare I will sort it, she went shopping so
used toothpaste and and wiped the stains off in seconds!

She wasnt impressed as she now thinks I am a c... for letting her slave
over it for days.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 23:38:28 +0100, ss wrote:

I couldnt resist..........Wife was moaning about a rust mark down the
sink caused with a few drips over a couple of years when the tap was
turned off which hit the overflow outlet.

So told her to google it as she cant afford to pay for my knowledge :-)
She tried lemon juice /salt/bicarbonate of soda/bleach/vinegar and
everthing in between nothing removed it.

Knowing one way or the other I would remove the stain I told her when I
have a couple of minutes to spare I will sort it, she went shopping so
used toothpaste and and wiped the stains off in seconds!

She wasnt impressed as she now thinks I am a c... for letting her slave
over it for days.

JOOI, how many months have you been together as a married couple? :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 23:38, ss wrote:
I couldnt resist..........Wife was moaning about a rust mark down the
sink caused with a few drips over a couple of years when the tap was
turned off which hit the overflow outlet.

So told her to google it as she cant afford to pay for my knowledge :-)
She tried lemon juice /salt/bicarbonate of soda/bleach/vinegar and
everthing in between nothing removed it.

Knowing one way or the other I would remove the stain I told her when I
have a couple of minutes to spare I will sort it, she went shopping so
used toothpaste and and wiped the stains off in seconds!

She wasnt impressed as she now thinks I am a c... for letting her slave
over it for days.

I'm a little curious why toothpaste worked when some of the others, some
of which are used in toothpastes or as toothpaste, didn't.

That aside, you need to work on your technique. You should have
suggested toothpaste, then the 'victory' would have been hers ;-) and
your kudos would have been enhanced.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 19/07/2018 23:38, ss wrote:
I couldnt resist..........Wife was moaning about a rust mark down the
sink caused with a few drips over a couple of years when the tap was
turned off which hit the overflow outlet.

So told her to google it as she cant afford to pay for my knowledge :-)
She tried lemon juice /salt/bicarbonate of soda/bleach/vinegar and
everthing in between nothing removed it.

Knowing one way or the other I would remove the stain I told her when I
have a couple of minutes to spare I will sort it, she went shopping so
used toothpaste and and wiped the stains off in seconds!

She wasnt impressed as she now thinks I am a c... for letting her slave
over it for days.

I'm a little curious why toothpaste worked when some of the others, some
of which are used in toothpastes or as toothpaste, didn't.

Toothpaste is a mild abrasive.

That aside, you need to work on your technique. You should have suggested
toothpaste, then the 'victory' would have been hers ;-) and your kudos
would have been enhanced.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/2018 07:57, Rod Speed wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 19/07/2018 23:38, ss wrote:
I couldnt resist..........Wife was moaning about a rust mark down the
sink caused with a few drips over a couple of years when the tap was
turned off which hit the overflow outlet.

So told her to google it as she cant afford to pay for my knowledge :-)
She tried lemon juice /salt/bicarbonate of soda/bleach/vinegar and
everthing in between nothing removed it.

Knowing one way or the other I would remove the stain I told her when
I have a couple of minutes to spare I will sort it, she went shopping
so used toothpaste and and wiped the stains off in seconds!

She wasnt impressed as she now thinks I am a c... for letting her
slave over it for days.

I'm a little curious why toothpaste worked when some of the others,
some of which are used in toothpastes or as toothpaste, didn't.

Toothpaste is a mild abrasive.

So is baking soda- in fact some toothpastes use baking soda. (Some)
People use it to remove stains from teeth that tootpaste leaves.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 20/07/2018 07:57, Rod Speed wrote:
That aside, you need to work on your technique.Â* You should have
suggested toothpaste, then the 'victory' would have been hers ;-) and
your kudos would have been enhanced.

After 40+ years of marriage only winning the lottery would get me extra
kudos.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I do think somebody on this list with a sig line about benefit fraud needs
to update it to cover current benefit names.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 20/07/2018 07:57, Rod Speed wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 19/07/2018 23:38, ss wrote:
[...]

Benefit or Personal Independence Payment when they don't need it? They are
depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 20/07/2018 07:57, Rod Speed wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 19/07/2018 23:38, ss wrote:
I couldnt resist..........Wife was moaning about a rust mark down the
sink caused with a few drips over a couple of years when the tap was
turned off which hit the overflow outlet.

So told her to google it as she cant afford to pay for my knowledge :-)
She tried lemon juice /salt/bicarbonate of soda/bleach/vinegar and
everthing in between nothing removed it.

Knowing one way or the other I would remove the stain I told her when I
have a couple of minutes to spare I will sort it, she went shopping so
used toothpaste and and wiped the stains off in seconds!

She wasnt impressed as she now thinks I am a c... for letting her slave
over it for days.

I'm a little curious why toothpaste worked when some of the others, some
of which are used in toothpastes or as toothpaste, didn't.

Toothpaste is a mild abrasive.

So is baking soda

Depends on how much of it is still undissolved in the other stuff.

- in fact some toothpastes use baking soda. (Some)

Not much anymore.

People use it to remove stains from teeth that tootpaste leaves.

Not much anymore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote
Rod Speed wrote

That aside, you need to work on your technique. You should have
suggested toothpaste, then the 'victory' would have been hers ;-) and
your kudos would have been enhanced.

I didnt write that, someone else did.

After 40+ years of marriage only winning the lottery would get me extra
kudos.

Time to grade her in on another bimbo.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 23:38, ss wrote:
I couldnt resist..........Wife was moaning about a rust mark down the
sink caused with a few drips over a couple of years when the tap was
turned off which hit the overflow outlet.

So told her to google it as she cant afford to pay for my knowledge :-)
She tried lemon juice /salt/bicarbonate of soda/bleach/vinegar and
everthing in between nothing removed it.

Knowing one way or the other I would remove the stain I told her when I
have a couple of minutes to spare I will sort it, she went shopping so
used toothpaste and and wiped the stains off in seconds!

She wasnt impressed as she now thinks I am a c... for letting her slave
over it for days.

Neat 1001 carpet cleaner shifts almost everything
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew
writes

Neat 1001 carpet cleaner shifts almost everything

For less than half a crown?
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 07:58:23 +0100, Graeme wrote:

In message , Andrew
writes

Neat 1001 carpet cleaner shifts almost everything

For less than half a crown?

OMly if it's on a big big carpet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 07:57:02 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 07:58:23 +0100, Graeme
wrote:

In message , Andrew
writes

Neat 1001 carpet cleaner shifts almost everything

For less than half a crown?

Only if it's a big, big carpet!

You beat me to it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 21/07/2018 09:43, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 07:58:23 +0100, Graeme wrote:

In message , Andrew
writes

Neat 1001 carpet cleaner shifts almost everything

For less than half a crown?

OMly if it's on a big big carpet.

For those younger guys who never saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3wacuIsdug

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 19:01:07 +0100, ss wrote:

On 21/07/2018 09:43, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 07:58:23 +0100, Graeme wrote:

In message , Andrew
writes

Neat 1001 carpet cleaner shifts almost everything

For less than half a crown?

OMly if it's on a big big carpet.

For those younger guys who never saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3wacuIsdug

Not as good as Shake 'N Vac!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 21/07/2018 20:48, Bob Eager wrote:
For those younger guys who never saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3wacuIsdug

Not as good as Shake 'N Vac!

Well my wife seemed to have ignored the benefits of 1001 & shake n vac
but over the years seemed to have adopted the Penelope Keith philosophy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkqVeHwA-94