Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MOT advisory

The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike

That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike

That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

So what happens when the car starts rusting above the under trays?

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike pretended :
So what happens when the car starts rusting above the under trays?

Tough - they are not allowed to disassemble to inspect..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 09:12, Muddymike wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I
was intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to
vehicle"

Mike

That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

So what happens when the car starts rusting above the under trays?

Mike

You die in a crash but the MOT tester has covered his ass.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike

That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

So what happens when the car starts rusting above the under trays?

Mike

the undertrays collect the rust flakes so you know nothing about it.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike

I think it's like the 'child seat fitted' one that I get, meaning they
are unable to check one of the seat belts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 19/07/2018 09:12, Muddymike wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike
That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

So what happens when the car starts rusting above the under trays?

You die in a crash but the MOT tester has covered his ass.

He's actually covered his arse.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike

That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

What if a farmer takes his landy in after driving cross country and
through plenty of cow**** ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 09:42, charles wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike
That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

So what happens when the car starts rusting above the under trays?

Mike

the undertrays collect the rust flakes so you know nothing about it.

In my experience, a lot of backstreet garages, when they need to take
them off to do any work, they never replace them.

Or worse still, damage them, lose some of the fixings and only half
fix so that it falls off when you go through a pothole or over
a speed bump.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike

That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

What if a farmer takes his landy in after driving cross country and
through plenty of cow**** ?.

Istr they can refuse to test?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 15:32, Andrew wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I
was intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to
vehicle"

Mike

That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

What if a farmer takes his landy in after driving cross country and
through plenty of cow**** ?.

They can fail a dirty vehicle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote
Chris Bartram wrote
Muddymike wrote

The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of
some components was restricted because of undertrays".

What if a farmer takes his landy in after driving
cross country and through plenty of cow**** ?.

The MOT is allowed to hose that off to get a good look at what
is under it. They arent allowed to dismantle the car to get a good
look at what is under the bits they remove to get a good look.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:
Andrew wrote
Chris Bartram wrote
Muddymike wrote

The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of
some components was restricted because of undertrays".

What if a farmer takes his landy in after driving
cross country and through plenty of cow**** ?.

The MOT is allowed to hose that off to get a good look at what
is under it. They arent allowed to dismantle the car to get a good
look at what is under the bits they remove to get a good look.

Says the man from "down under" himself...
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 19/07/2018 15:32, Andrew wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike
That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

What if a farmer takes his landy in after driving cross country and
through plenty of cow**** ?.

They can fail a dirty vehicle.

Fark, just as well I dont live there. Mine is usually the dirtiest
in town and even the cops have a smirk and a snide remark
when they do a breath test, usually the women cops.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 19/07/2018 15:32, Andrew wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:41, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 19/07/2018 08:29, Muddymike wrote:
The Peugeot 508 RXH I drive for work recently had its first MOT. I was
intrigued by the one advisory returned "Under trays fitted to vehicle"

Mike
That's not an uncommon one. It means "my view of some components was
restricted because of undertrays".

What if a farmer takes his landy in after driving cross country and
through plenty of cow**** ?.

They can fail a dirty vehicle.

Fark, just as well I don?t live there. Mine is usually the dirtiest
in town and even the cops have a smirk and a snide remark
when they do a breath test, usually the women cops.

You are Paul Hogan's sidekick "Strop"

AICMFD

http://hoges.wikia.com/wiki/Strop

Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 15:35, Andrew wrote:

In my experience, a lot of backstreet garages, when they need to take
them off to do any work, they never replace them

I've had my car since a year old.

15 years on I found out there was supposed to be an undertray under the
engine. There never has been. Main dealer serviced only up to that
point... it's not just the backstreet boys.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2018 21:45, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/07/2018 15:35, Andrew wrote:

In my experience, a lot of backstreet garages, when they need to take
them off to do any work, they never replace them

I've had my car since a year old.

15 years on I found out there was supposed to be an undertray under the
engine. There never has been. Main dealer serviced only up to that
point... it's not just the backstreet boys.

Andy

Indeed. Neighbours SIL bought an 06 Insignia in 2011. first owner
was Enterprise car rentals and the sevice book showed full service
by a Vauxhall main agent in Slough and indicated that plugs and
air filter had been replaced at correct mileage. ....
except that the air-cleaner and the pollen filter were almost
black with ****e and both had manufacturing dates of early 2006
which means they were the originals from new. !!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 22:08:22 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

[...]

A mate used to take on quite a few company vehicles in his garage if
they kept them on after the warranty period.

They were all typically 'stamped up' with the right service stamps
from the main dealer but it was obvious many things had never been
checked / adjusted / replaced.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2018 21:45, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/07/2018 15:35, Andrew wrote:

In my experience, a lot of backstreet garages, when they need to take
them off to do any work, they never replace them

I've had my car since a year old.

15 years on I found out there was supposed to be an undertray under the
engine. There never has been. Main dealer serviced only up to that
point... it's not just the backstreet boys.

Andy

Some years ago I had a Seat Ibiza - the first model produced entirely
under VW control. I damaged the undertray in a flood, and the dealer,
when i asked about the (not insgnicant) cost of a new one , they said
"don't bother, we take them off the high-mileage Inca (VW Caddy) vans
because all the fixings wear out with all the oil changes", so I didn't
bother, but now personally I'd rather have them for the dirt and noise
reduction.