Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - MOT Advisory Notice - Wet conditions

Anybody know what this means?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

Anybody know what this means?

Did you not ask when you were given it?

--

Terry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Terry Casey" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Anybody know what this means?

Did you not ask when you were given it?

I've just bought the car and noticed it on a past MOT. You can check all
old MOT's on the Direct Gov website.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Wesley" wrote in message
Anybody know what this means?

The lady driver didnt have cash on her, so paid with a hairy cheque?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 4, 8:01 pm, "Gazz" wrote:
"Wesley" wrote in message

Anybody know what this means?

The lady driver didnt have cash on her, so paid with a hairy cheque?

oh referee.......;)

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gazz wrote:
"Wesley" wrote in message
Anybody know what this means?

The lady driver didnt have cash on her, so paid with a hairy cheque?

:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/11/2011 18:08, Wesley wrote:
Anybody know what this means?

Could it be just a note saying that the car was brought in on a wet day
and therefore it was not possible to be sure of certain things - such as
leaks from shocks; fuel tank joints, etc.?

I've never seen anything like that, but it's my guess.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:
On 04/11/2011 18:08, Wesley wrote:
Anybody know what this means?

Could it be just a note saying that the car was brought in on a wet day
and therefore it was not possible to be sure of certain things - such as
leaks from shocks; fuel tank joints, etc.?

I've never seen anything like that, but it's my guess.

Usually, it means they couldn't do a full brake test, as the tyres would
slip on the rollers, damaging both the rollers and the tyres. The tester
has probably taken it out on a road test with a brake test meter in the
car, and found the brakes good enough to pass, but can't verify the
balance front/ rear.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Williamson" wrote in message
Steve Walker wrote:
On 04/11/2011 18:08, Wesley wrote:
Anybody know what this means?

Could it be just a note saying that the car was brought in on a wet day
and therefore it was not possible to be sure of certain things - such as
leaks from shocks; fuel tank joints, etc.?

I've never seen anything like that, but it's my guess.

Usually, it means they couldn't do a full brake test, as the tyres would
slip on the rollers, damaging both the rollers and the tyres. The tester
has probably taken it out on a road test with a brake test meter in the
car, and found the brakes good enough to pass, but can't verify the
balance front/ rear.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.