Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMH TMH is offline

Default Why did I bother?

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics. Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 19:04:52 UTC+1, TMH wrote:
Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics. Thought I'd give it another try.
Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

But you've missed the fascinating latest exploits of Adam's apprentices, John's fantastic bathroom project, how to rejuvenate a vacuum fluorescent display, and an answer to your 2010 question about "we treat you like a swede, not a turnip" (which could have been about Brexit, but wasn't).

Perhaps it's not what it was, but I think it's still worth the money.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:04:50 +0100, TMH wrote:

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics. Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

Hi Dave. Any more books?

Keep at it. I'm just killing all the politics threads now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2018 19:04, TMH wrote:
Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics.Â* Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

I find it helps to ignore a thread once Brexit is mentioned.

But it would improve the neighbourhood if you could eg bring us up to
date on what the money rich/time poor of the Medway towns are keeping
you busy with these days. It's arguably on-topic: your past posts
motivated me to teach my grandnephew how to fix a wireless doorbell. I
feared your patch might stretch to Maidstone and the shame would have
been too much to bear

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2018 19:04, TMH wrote:
Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics.Â* Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

I use a filter to hide anything with b r e x i t

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:04:50 +0100, TMH wrote:

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics. Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

Hi Dave. Any more books?

Keep at it. I'm just killing all the politics threads now.

What was the rule called when a thread invoked the mention of Hitler?
We need something similar for the single topic boys.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 20:51:57 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 10/07/2018 19:04, TMH wrote:
Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics.Â* Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

I find it helps to ignore a thread once Brexit is mentioned.

But it would improve the neighbourhood if you could eg bring us up to
date on what the money rich/time poor of the Medway towns are keeping
you busy with these days. It's arguably on-topic: your past posts
motivated me to teach my grandnephew how to fix a wireless doorbell. I
feared your patch might stretch to Maidstone and the shame would have
been too much to bear

And I still want to know if any more books are in the offing. I enjoyed
the first one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2018 21:59, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:04:50 +0100, TMH wrote:

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics.Â* Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

Hi Dave. Any more books?

Keep at it. I'm just killing all the politics threads now.

What was the rule called when a thread invoked the mention of Hitler?

Godwin's law

We need something similar for the single topic boys.

+1

I make do with filters... and the occasional CTRL + K when a thread gets
too dull

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMH wrote:
Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics. Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

Not that I like them much, but as you have form for posting lots of OT
garbage , trolling and baiting cyclists on the cycling groups purely to be
disruptive then you are hardly blame free in the descent of newsnet from
being useful to people who share interests to the sorry state it is now
ruined by trolls like you who think it is ok to act stupidly for their own
amusement except on the newsgroups that they themselves want to read
untainted.
You are a hypocrite in moaning about this group being wrecked when you have
done the same to others.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:04:50 +0100, TMH wrote:

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics. Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

They've wrecked this group. From what I can see they're all deadbeats,
sponging off the welfare state so they have all the time in the world to
post and endlessly re-post their worthless blather. No respect for other
users, no respect for democracy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Marland wrote:
TMH wrote:
Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics. Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

Not that I like them much, but as you have form for posting lots of OT
garbage , trolling and baiting cyclists on the cycling groups purely to
be disruptive then you are hardly blame free in the descent of newsnet
from being useful to people who share interests to the sorry state it is
now ruined by trolls like you who think it is ok to act stupidly for
their own amusement except on the newsgroups that they themselves want
to read untainted. You are a hypocrite in moaning about this group being
wrecked when you have done the same to others.

A strike, I'd say.

--
*Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bulging Lion Battery - Tesco Hudl 2

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

kept on charge 24/7 and little used

They may be connected to the PSU 24/7, but the charge controller will
only charge the battery when it requires it.

If you're lucky. Have a laptop which fries the battery if left plugged in
even if the laptop is switched off. Removing the battery and only fitting
it when needed extends its life several times.

--
*Gravity is a myth, the earth sucks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/18 21:59, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:04:50 +0100, TMH wrote:

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics.Â* Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

Hi Dave. Any more books?

Keep at it. I'm just killing all the politics threads now.

What was the rule called when a thread invoked the mention of Hitler?
We need something similar for the single topic boys.

Godwins law.

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 10/07/18 21:59, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:04:50 +0100, TMH wrote:

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics.* Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

Hi Dave. Any more books?

Keep at it. I'm just killing all the politics threads now.

What was the rule called when a thread invoked the mention of
Hitler?
We need something similar for the single topic boys.

Godwins law.

Brex****e ?

Perhaps the guilty parties on both sides could resist the temptation to
divert otherwise useful threads.

The very limited audience in here is not going to impact on government
decisions or sway chunks of the electorate.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/18 09:46, Tim Streater wrote:

The question about the cyclists is, why, having bought a bike, do they
suddenly feel a need to get the lycra kit, join a club, start obsessing
about personal time trials, and the whole ball of wax. The times I've
owned a bike it was nice to get out for a bit of sight-seeing with a
mate. A pleasant way to exercise.

And then attend the same school of road skills as an Audi driver...
(London, number of cyclists who think rules don't apply to them is a joke).

Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Jul 2018 21:40:38 GMT, Marland wrote:

TMH wrote:
Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics. Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

Not that I like them much, but as you have form for posting lots of OT
garbage , trolling and baiting cyclists on the cycling groups purely to be
disruptive then you are hardly blame free in the descent of newsnet from
being useful to people who share interests to the sorry state it is now
ruined by trolls like you who think it is ok to act stupidly for their own
amusement except on the newsgroups that they themselves want to read
untainted.
You are a hypocrite in moaning about this group being wrecked when you have
done the same to others.

Indeed, and I can't recall if it was him or someone else of similarly deranged
thinking about road tax and insurance and other such **** who a few years ago
openly claimed they would not hesitate to run a cyclist down if they were
occupying too much of the road they, the diesel fuelled white van elite had paid
for (or something similar)

If only google news actually worked it would be trivial to bring up that post
and many more like it. The posts could demonstrate clear intent and would
easily change any future manslaughter charge to one of murder.

Either way Google shows he posted to uk.rec.cycling on average ten times a day
for many months on end. It is an absolute taken that 100% of those posts would
have been total and utter hateful ****. If he'd said it to anyones face then he
would have been eating through a straw for the rest of his days.

Same with the rightwing gun toting racist american ****wits on
rec.crafts.metalworking, they trashed that group too more than a decade ago, and
we've even got the cast off ****ferbrains hair on the palms ****s from
uk.radio.amateur turning up here.

Thank goodness there is still some DIY related discussion here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 12:58:13 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

kept on charge 24/7 and little used

They may be connected to the PSU 24/7, but the charge controller will
only charge the battery when it requires it.

If you're lucky. Have a laptop which fries the battery if left plugged in
even if the laptop is switched off. Removing the battery and only fitting
it when needed extends its life several times.

--
*Gravity is a myth, the earth sucks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I always buy "brand new" batteries, never old or original stock

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:04:50 +0100, TMH wrote:

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the
politics. Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it
"wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

They've wrecked this group. From what I can see they're all deadbeats,
sponging off the welfare state so they have all the time in the world to
post and endlessly re-post their worthless blather. No respect for other
users, no respect for democracy.

Pot, kettle. HTH.

--
*Do paediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/2018 10:36, Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/07/18 09:46, Tim Streater wrote:

The question about the cyclists is, why, having bought a bike, do they
suddenly feel a need to get the lycra kit, join a club, start obsessing
about personal time trials, and the whole ball of wax. The times I've
owned a bike it was nice to get out for a bit of sight-seeing with a
mate. A pleasant way to exercise.

And then attend the same school of road skills as an Audi driver...
(London, number of cyclists who think rules don't apply to them isÂ* a
joke).

Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...

Can you buy cycle clips any more?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 21:18:32 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...

Can you buy cycle clips any more?

28 listings on ebay including some retro springy metal ones

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 11/07/2018 10:36, Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/07/18 09:46, Tim Streater wrote:

The question about the cyclists is, why, having bought a bike, do they
suddenly feel a need to get the lycra kit, join a club, start obsessing
about personal time trials, and the whole ball of wax. The times I've
owned a bike it was nice to get out for a bit of sight-seeing with a
mate. A pleasant way to exercise.

And then attend the same school of road skills as an Audi driver...
(London, number of cyclists who think rules don't apply to them is a
joke).

Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...

Can you buy cycle clips any more?

Corse you can
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...s=cycle+clips+

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 21:18:26 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 11/07/2018 10:36, Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/07/18 09:46, Tim Streater wrote:

The question about the cyclists is, why, having bought a bike, do they
suddenly feel a need to get the lycra kit, join a club, start
obsessing about personal time trials, and the whole ball of wax. The
times I've owned a bike it was nice to get out for a bit of
sight-seeing with a mate. A pleasant way to exercise.

And then attend the same school of road skills as an Audi driver...
(London, number of cyclists who think rules don't apply to them isÂ* a
joke).

Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I
go...

Can you buy cycle clips any more?

Try a chemist. Useful for diarrhoea.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/18 21:18, Max Demian wrote:
On 11/07/2018 10:36, Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/07/18 09:46, Tim Streater wrote:

The question about the cyclists is, why, having bought a bike, do they
suddenly feel a need to get the lycra kit, join a club, start obsessing
about personal time trials, and the whole ball of wax. The times I've
owned a bike it was nice to get out for a bit of sight-seeing with a
mate. A pleasant way to exercise.

And then attend the same school of road skills as an Audi driver...
(London, number of cyclists who think rules don't apply to them isÂ* a
joke).

Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...

Can you buy cycle clips any more?

A real man uses tie wraps
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 11/07/18 21:18, Max Demian wrote:
On 11/07/2018 10:36, Tim Watts wrote:

Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...

Can you buy cycle clips any more?

Yes, Decathalon sell them in hiVz yellow.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
DJC wrote:
On 11/07/18 21:18, Max Demian wrote:
On 11/07/2018 10:36, Tim Watts wrote:

Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...

Can you buy cycle clips any more?

Yes, Decathalon sell them in hiVz yellow.

You need cycle clips with Lycra? Thought that lovely clinging fabric was
the only reason middle aged men cycle. ;-)

--
*My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/2018 22:20, Bob Eager wrote:

Try a chemist. Useful for diarrhoea.

Diarrhoea is genetic €“ it runs in your jeans.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2018 23:45, Cursitor Doom wrote:
No respect for other
users, no respect for democracy.

But ok for you to post unsubstantiated lies about Ted Heath !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMH wrote:
[...]

On the plus side, all the nonsense also ends up on homo-owners hub
as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/2018 21:18, Max Demian wrote:
On 11/07/2018 10:36, Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/07/18 09:46, Tim Streater wrote:

The question about the cyclists is, why, having bought a bike, do they
suddenly feel a need to get the lycra kit, join a club, start obsessing
about personal time trials, and the whole ball of wax. The times I've
owned a bike it was nice to get out for a bit of sight-seeing with a
mate. A pleasant way to exercise.

And then attend the same school of road skills as an Audi driver...
(London, number of cyclists who think rules don't apply to them isÂ* a
joke).

Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...

Can you buy cycle clips any more?

You can buy them, but you can also get velcro reflective straps to use.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:42:10 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

Keep at it. I'm just killing all the politics threads now.

Same here. Too many retards with no respect for democracy posting their
brainless old ****. Like it's going to make the slightest bit of
difference! We're leaving and will be out - hopefully with no deal and on
basic WTO terms - early next year. Can't come too soon AFAIC.