Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

Default fault now BBC 4 HD terrestrial

at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite) stopped
transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and started
transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a problem!'. I'm
using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it just Emley or national?

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 00:21, Bill Wright wrote:
at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite) stopped
transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and started
transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a problem!'. I'm
using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it just Emley or national?

Bill

At 12.26 it came right.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 00:27, Bill Wright wrote:
On 28/06/2018 00:21, Bill Wright wrote:
at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite)
stopped transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and
started transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a
problem!'. I'm using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it just
Emley or national?

Bill

At 12.26 it came right.

Bill

Just put the telly on (3.23am) and BBC4 HD terrestrial is off the air.
SD is on the air. Satellite is on the air.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright Wrote in message:
On 28/06/2018 00:27, Bill Wright wrote:
On 28/06/2018 00:21, Bill Wright wrote:
at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite)
stopped transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and
started transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a
problem!'. I'm using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it just
Emley or national?

Bill

At 12.26 it came right.

Bill

Just put the telly on (3.23am) and BBC4 HD terrestrial is off the air.
SD is on the air. Satellite is on the air.

Bill

They're telling you it's time to go to bed...
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright explained on 28/06/2018 :
at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite) stopped
transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and started transmitting
a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a problem!'. I'm using Emley Moor.
Anyone else getting this? Is it just Emley or national?

I was watching it on SD via Emley Moor and that was fine. It was maybe
something to do with switching transmission over to the temporary EM
mast.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
Bill Wright explained on 28/06/2018 :
at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite)
stopped transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and
started transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a
problem!'. I'm using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it
just Emley or national?

I was watching it on SD via Emley Moor and that was fine. It was
maybe something to do with switching transmission over to the
temporary EM mast.

I doubt it - I don't think the mast has been built yet!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 08:55, Woody wrote:

I was watching it on SD via Emley Moor and that was fine. It was
maybe something to do with switching transmission over to the
temporary EM mast.

I doubt it - I don't think the mast has been built yet!

Oh yes it has !

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/gallery...36&pageid=3412

However, if an apology caption appeared the problem had nothing at all
to do with Emley (or any other transmitter)

--
Mark
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 11:49, Mark Carver wrote:

However, if an apology caption appeared the problem had nothing at all
to do with Emley (or any other transmitter)

It wasn't really an apology caption, it was the 'we are off the air'
caption for CBeebies.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 28/06/2018 11:49, Mark Carver wrote:

However, if an apology caption appeared the problem had nothing at all to
do with Emley (or any other transmitter)

It wasn't really an apology caption, it was the 'we are off the air'
caption for CBeebies.

Presumably after 7PM, with your TV/PVR tuned to BBC Four, it should be
consulting its local table of SIDs versus channels and extracting the BBC
Four streams from the multiplex. If it's displaying a CBeebies caption
instead, that almost suggests that the TV is picking out the Cbeebies
streams instead which time-share the same bandwidth but with different SIDs.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 12:04, NY wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 28/06/2018 11:49, Mark Carver wrote:

However, if an apology caption appeared the problem had nothing at
all to do with Emley (or any other transmitter)

It wasn't really an apology caption, it was the 'we are off the air'
caption for CBeebies.

Presumably after 7PM, with your TV/PVR tuned to BBC Four, it should be
consulting its local table of SIDs versus channels and extracting the
BBC Four streams from the multiplex. If it's displaying a CBeebies
caption instead, that almost suggests that the TV is picking out the
Cbeebies streams instead which time-share the same bandwidth but with
different SIDs.

Mux 7 and 8 are only coded in one central location in the London area,
so again any SI problems would be in a piece of kit a long way from
Emley (and affect all transmitters), the only other explanation might be
Bill's telly had a brain fart.

--
Mark

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

In article , Mark Carver
scribeth thus
On 28/06/2018 12:04, NY wrote:
[...]

I doubt Bill is senile enough yet to be watching Ceebies somehow?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 12:04:49 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 28/06/2018 11:49, Mark Carver wrote:

However, if an apology caption appeared the problem had nothing at all to
do with Emley (or any other transmitter)

It wasn't really an apology caption, it was the 'we are off the air'
caption for CBeebies.

Presumably after 7PM, with your TV/PVR tuned to BBC Four, it should be
consulting its local table of SIDs versus channels and extracting the BBC
Four streams from the multiplex. If it's displaying a CBeebies caption
instead, that almost suggests that the TV is picking out the Cbeebies
streams instead which time-share the same bandwidth but with different SIDs.

Bill said the caption was 'C Beebies Whoops we have a problem!'. That
would be what they would display if there was a problem during C Beebies
transmission hours. I'd guess that someone made a mistake by displaying
that rather than the BBC Four equivalent.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 12:46, Mark Carver wrote:

Mux 7 and 8 are only coded in one central location in the London area,
so again any SI problems would be in a piece of kit a long way from
Emley (and affect all transmitters), the only other explanation might be
Bill's telly had a brain fart.

No, I had exactly the same results on the living room telly, the living
room PVR, the living room Samsung that normally displays the CCTV matrix
and the office TV set.

I put the Samsung on BBC4 HD whilst I watched a programme on the
adjacent TV set. The Samsung abruptly went from the caption to the
proper programme at 12.25 (ish) so I checked the other tellys and they
were also back on the proper programme.

It was deffo a transmission fault.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 28/06/2018 08:55, Woody wrote:

I was watching it on SD via Emley Moor and that was fine. It was
maybe something to do with switching transmission over to the
temporary EM mast.

I doubt it - I don't think the mast has been built yet!

Oh yes it has !

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/gallery...36&pageid=3412

However, if an apology caption appeared the problem had nothing at
all to do with Emley (or any other transmitter)

I stand corrected Mark. The last time I was up there, maybe 9-10
months or so ago they had barely started digging the foundations for
the mast base. To put something like that up in not much more than six
months through the winter is some achievement methinks.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 14:28, Woody wrote:

I stand corrected Mark.

Your customary stance Woody!

The last time I was up there, maybe 9-10
months or so ago they had barely started digging the foundations for
the mast base. To put something like that up in not much more than six
months through the winter is some achievement methinks.

Have you seen the video? It was going up like lightning.

Bill

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 13:08, tony sayer wrote:

I doubt Bill is senile enough yet to be watching Ceebies somehow?..

Who said he was ?

--
Mark
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 14:50, Mark Carver wrote:
On 28/06/2018 13:08, tony sayer wrote:

I doubt Bill is senile enough yet to be watching Ceebies somehow?..

Who said he was ?

Good point Mark. Whether you meant 'who said he was senile?' or 'who
said he was watching CBeebies?' -- good point. I'm not and I wasn't.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 16:20:56 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 28/06/2018 14:50, Mark Carver wrote:
On 28/06/2018 13:08, tony sayer wrote:

I doubt Bill is senile enough yet to be watching Ceebies somehow?..

Who said he was ?

Good point Mark. Whether you meant 'who said he was senile?' or 'who
said he was watching CBeebies?' -- good point. I'm not and I wasn't.

Do they still have the Tellytubbies? I liked them !!!

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

"Woody" wrote in message
news

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 28/06/2018 14:28, Woody wrote:

I stand corrected Mark.

Your customary stance Woody!

The last time I was up there, maybe 9-10
months or so ago they had barely started digging the foundations
for
the mast base. To put something like that up in not much more than
six
months through the winter is some achievement methinks.

Have you seen the video? It was going up like lightning.

Video?

I found one on YouTube showing a top bit going up by helicopter but
nothing of the larger lower sections.

Interesting that the choice of music was 'March to the Scaffold' by
Berlioz?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 03:27, Bill Wright wrote:
On 28/06/2018 00:27, Bill Wright wrote:
On 28/06/2018 00:21, Bill Wright wrote:
at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite)
stopped transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and
started transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a
problem!'. I'm using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it just
Emley or national?

Bill

At 12.26 it came right.

Bill

Just put the telly on (3.23am) and BBC4 HD terrestrial is off the air.
SD is on the air. Satellite is on the air.

Bill

It's never been on the bloody air from Midhurst :-(
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

tony sayer Wrote in message:
In article , Mark Carver
scribeth thus
news On 28/06/2018 11:49, Mark Carver wrote:

[...]

At least he can still spell it...
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2018 00:21, Bill Wright wrote:
at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite) stopped
transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and started
transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a problem!'. I'm
using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it just Emley or national?

Reported elsewhere, and can be seen on iplayer

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...eakdown#latest

--
Mark
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

On 29/06/2018 07:37, Mark Carver wrote:
On 28/06/2018 00:21, Bill Wright wrote:
at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite)
stopped transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and
started transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a
problem!'. I'm using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it just
Emley or national?

Reported elsewhere, and can be seen on iplayer

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...eakdown#latest

You see! I wasn't going senile! Nerrr!

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright writes:
On 29/06/2018 07:37, Mark Carver wrote:
On 28/06/2018 00:21, Bill Wright wrote:
at 12.07am approx BBC 4 HD (not SD) terrestrial (not satellite)
stopped transmitting 'The Fairytale castles of King Ludvig' and
started transmitting a card saying 'C Beebies Whoops we have a
problem!'. I'm using Emley Moor. Anyone else getting this? Is it just
Emley or national?

Reported elsewhere, and can be seen on iplayer

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...eakdown#latest

You see! I wasn't going senile! Nerrr!

Sounds like Winter Hill could go off at any moment, after an
arsonist has set light to the fields around it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-44654410

--
Andrew Gabriel