Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Default Cheap Photos From an Inkjet printer!?

"Johnny B Good" wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 18:11:08 +0100, Mark wrote:

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
For those of ye lookin at running costs...

Techmoan's Epson ET 7700 Ecotank review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMIl4TA7wYU

Pointless really when you can buy refillable cartridges and good quality
ink at a fraction of the cost.
That Epson would still need to be used regularly or the print head would
clog and worse the ink tubes leading to it.

Those objections might prove irrelevant to someone planning on saving
the costs of wallpapering their house by substituting the expensive
wallpaper with their collection of photo prints. :-)

Not realising they'd be faded away by the end of the week.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

I think ink jet and cheap are two words not often in the same sentence these
days and of course use any make you like but not Epsom. the local tip is
piled high with cheap epson printers and broken lexmark ones.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Dave W" wrote in message
news

"Johnny B Good" wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 18:11:08 +0100, Mark wrote:

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
For those of ye lookin at running costs...

Techmoan's Epson ET 7700 Ecotank review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMIl4TA7wYU

Pointless really when you can buy refillable cartridges and good quality
ink at a fraction of the cost.
That Epson would still need to be used regularly or the print head would
clog and worse the ink tubes leading to it.

Those objections might prove irrelevant to someone planning on saving
the costs of wallpapering their house by substituting the expensive
wallpaper with their collection of photo prints. :-)

Not realising they'd be faded away by the end of the week.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

On 16/06/18 16:35, Brian-Gaff wrote:
I think ink jet and cheap are two words not often in the same sentence these
days and of course use any make you like but not Epsom. the local tip is
piled high with cheap epson printers and broken lexmark ones.
Brian

Horses for courses. Epson printers will give you high quality prints but
if you let the heads get blocked they are dead.

--
Bernard Peek

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Bernard Peek wrote:

On 16/06/18 16:35, Brian-Gaff wrote:
I think ink jet and cheap are two words not often in the same sentence these
days and of course use any make you like but not Epsom. the local tip is
piled high with cheap epson printers and broken lexmark ones.
Brian

Horses for courses. Epson printers will give you high quality prints but
if you let the heads get blocked they are dead.

Not true but admittedly it takes a lot more time and effort then most people are prepared for
I won a bet a few years ago from a friend who had an Epson SX600 left in a loft for 4years unused
its still in use now in our pub and working fine

-
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

On 17/06/2018 00:15, Mark wrote:
Bernard Peek wrote:

On 16/06/18 16:35, Brian-Gaff wrote:
I think ink jet and cheap are two words not often in the same sentence these
days and of course use any make you like but not Epsom. the local tip is
piled high with cheap epson printers and broken lexmark ones.
Brian

Horses for courses. Epson printers will give you high quality prints but
if you let the heads get blocked they are dead.

Not true but admittedly it takes a lot more time and effort then most people are prepared for
I won a bet a few years ago from a friend who had an Epson SX600 left in a loft for 4years unused
its still in use now in our pub and working fine

I scrapped an Epson. It did good pictures, and wasn't too expensive to
run - but if I didn't use it for a month I was back to soaking the heads
in meths. Again.

I bought a laser in the end.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
NY NY is offline

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
news
I scrapped an Epson. It did good pictures, and wasn't too expensive to
run - but if I didn't use it for a month I was back to soaking the heads
in meths. Again.

Our Epson suffered badly from that problem, and I set a weekly reminder on
my phone to print a Windows test page every week to stop the ink drying up.
That was with genuine Epson cartridges. Since I don't need accurate colour
rendition because I don't print photos, I decided to change to cheap clone
ink from one of the online cartridge companies. This ink has been much
better as regards clogging. However on the occasions when I have printed
photos (eg print of a web page or a PDF), the colours have been rather
garish - so the choice is accuracy with a tendency to clog up, or lower
quality but much less clogging.

I bought a laser in the end.

For B&W (eg letters) a laser is probably a better buy than an inkjet - no
streaky print if it's not been used for a while.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 18 June 2018 21:54:59 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 17/06/2018 00:15, Mark wrote:
Bernard Peek wrote:

[...]

But laser printers for colour aren't very good for photographes unless you pay a fortune even then you;d be better off with an inkjet in most cases.
We have a rather nice one here we use a HP Designjet T790, you can get some amazing types of paper that can be used for posters, can even be folded and doesn't crease ideal for taking to events whereas previously you needed to roll them up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 16:35:21 +0100, Brian-Gaff wrote:

I think ink jet and cheap are two words not often in the same sentence
these days and of course use any make you like but not Epsom. the local
tip is piled high with cheap epson printers and broken lexmark ones.
Brian

I'd expect to see evidence of imprint marks from the soles of size 9
work boots on many of the 'broken' Lexmark printers (and probably
likewise the 'cheap' Epson printers[1]). :-)

[1] Actually (let's be all inclusive, why not?) and say *all* 'cheap'
inkjet printers. The ink jet 'principle' was a nice idea... in principle
but, in practice for occasional home use, it was one with a very obvious
and glaring flaw which I don't need to spell out to anyone who has ever
owned one.

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 16:35:21 +0100, Brian-Gaff wrote:

I think ink jet and cheap are two words not often in the same sentence
these days and of course use any make you like but not Epsom. the local
tip is piled high with cheap epson printers and broken lexmark ones.
Brian

I'd expect to see evidence of imprint marks from the soles of size 9
work boots on many of the 'broken' Lexmark printers (and probably
likewise the 'cheap' Epson printers[1]). :-)

[1] Actually (let's be all inclusive, why not?) and say *all* 'cheap'
inkjet printers. The ink jet 'principle' was a nice idea... in principle
but, in practice for occasional home use, it was one with a very obvious
and glaring flaw which I don't need to spell out to anyone who has ever
owned one.

Interesting. Epson have gone over entirely to inkjet printers.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 16:35:21 +0100, Brian-Gaff wrote:

I think ink jet and cheap are two words not often in the same sentence
these days and of course use any make you like but not Epsom. the local
tip is piled high with cheap epson printers and broken lexmark ones.
Brian

I'd expect to see evidence of imprint marks from the soles of size 9
work boots on many of the 'broken' Lexmark printers (and probably
likewise the 'cheap' Epson printers[1]). :-)

[1] Actually (let's be all inclusive, why not?) and say *all* 'cheap'
inkjet printers. The ink jet 'principle' was a nice idea... in principle
but, in practice for occasional home use, it was one with a very obvious
and glaring flaw which I don't need to spell out to anyone who has ever
owned one.

Interesting. Epson have gone over entirely to inkjet printers.

Weird, hadn't noticed that. Maybe its just the way the Japs do
things, make the brand specific to the type of product and so
do the lasers under the Brother brand instead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 05:11:55 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

Interesting. Epson have gone over entirely to inkjet printers.

Weird, hadn't noticed that. Maybe its just the way the Japs do
things, make the brand specific to the type of product and so
do the lasers under the Brother brand instead.

You HAD to **** also in this thread, eh, you incontinent cantankerous senile
geezer? BG

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

On 16/06/2018 20:11, Rod Speed wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
* Johnny B Good wrote:
[...]

Yeah like sweet biscuit are McVities and savoury ones are Jacobs (same
manufacturer).

--
Max Demian