Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Came across this. Interesting.

I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/06/2018 07:41, harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

I didn't find any of it interesting; only all rather irritating.

Even worse journalism than I expect from the DM. Cui Bono? Written by
someone from an environmental consultancy no doubt charging a fortune
for environmentally friendly, solvent free paint.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/06/2018 08:31, newshound wrote:
On 07/06/2018 07:41, harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

I didn't find any of it interesting; only all rather irritating.

+1
Do we all sleep with the lights on in rooms we paint each day with
solvent based paints?
Mainly bollox with an advertisement for exotic paint thrown in for good
measure.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 June 2018 10:04:43 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 07/06/2018 08:31, newshound wrote:
On 07/06/2018 07:41, harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

I didn't find any of it interesting; only all rather irritating.

+1
Do we all sleep with the lights on in rooms we paint each day with
solvent based paints?
Mainly bollox with an advertisement for exotic paint thrown in for good
measure.

There really are some ****-fer-brains here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volati...ogenic_sources
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/06/2018 07:00, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 7 June 2018 10:04:43 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 07/06/2018 08:31, newshound wrote:
On 07/06/2018 07:41, harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

I didn't find any of it interesting; only all rather irritating.

+1
Do we all sleep with the lights on in rooms we paint each day with
solvent based paints?
Mainly bollox with an advertisement for exotic paint thrown in for good
measure.

There really are some ****-fer-brains here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volati...ogenic_sources

Well you finally got something right.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 07/06/2018 08:31, newshound wrote:
On 07/06/2018 07:41, harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

I didn't find any of it interesting; only all rather irritating.

Even worse journalism than I expect from the DM. Cui Bono? Written by
someone from an environmental consultancy no doubt charging a fortune
for environmentally friendly, solvent free paint.

And selling laminate flooring?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/06/2018 07:41, harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

Yeah, most people die in bed.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/06/2018 13:12, Max Demian wrote:
On 07/06/2018 07:41, harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

Yeah, most people die in bed.

Cue for Bob Hope joke. I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my
father. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Max Demian wrote
harry wrote

I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

Yeah, most people die in bed.

But not in their own bed now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

Thanks for confirming where you get your news from.

Do you still believe their headline about 2 million Turks coming here
because of the EU?

--
*The best cure for sea sickness, is to sit under a tree.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 June 2018 15:11:07 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

Thanks for confirming where you get your news from.

Do you still believe their headline about 2 million Turks coming here
because of the EU?

It was two million Poles instead.
Turkey's application has been suspended or there would have been many more than two million over here. Including jihadists.

Turkey is regressing to it's medieval past so has become non-viable even for the EUSSR.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

Thanks for confirming where you get your news from.

Do you still believe their headline about 2 million Turks coming here
because of the EU?

It was two million Poles instead.
Turkey's application has been suspended or there would have been many more than two million over here. Including jihadists.

It was suspended because we didn't agree.
Now it may happen as we have no say but we may still have fredom of
movement.
Well done!

Turkey is regressing to it's medieval past so has become non-viable even for the EUSSR.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
It was two million Poles instead.
Turkey's application has been suspended or there would have been many more than two million over here. Including jihadists.

It was suspended because we didn't agree.

And not meeting many of the basic requirements for EU membership. And
under its present government, not likely to.

--
*Windows will never cease *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

Thanks for confirming where you get your news from.

Do you still believe their headline about 2 million Turks coming here
because of the EU?

It was two million Poles instead.
Turkey's application has been suspended or there would have been many
more than two million over here. Including jihadists.

It was suspended because we didn't agree.

Nope, because ErdoÄŸan decided he wasnt going to let the
EU tell him what he could and couldnt do in his country.

Now it may happen

Not a chance now that ErdoÄŸan has ****ed
over his opposition so enthusiastically.

as we have no say but we may still have fredom of movement.

No chance, you watch.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

Thanks for confirming where you get your news from.

Do you still believe their headline about 2 million Turks coming here
because of the EU?

It was two million Poles instead.

Two million Poles have arrived here since that Mail headline? Care to give
some proof of this? Not from the Mail, obviously.

Turkey's application has been suspended or there would have been many
more than two million over here. Including jihadists.

Turkey - same as any other country - needed to meet EU conditions before
even being considered for membership. Which they had no intention of
doing.

Turkey is regressing to it's medieval past so has become non-viable even
for the EUSSR.

Oh dear. You seem inadvertently mentioned an important part of the EU.
Basic standards of human rights etc. No wonder you want out.

--
*You can't teach an old mouse new clicks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 June 2018 10:38:25 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
harry wrote:
I've heard most of this before but some new stuff.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...c-bedroom.html

Thanks for confirming where you get your news from.

Do you still believe their headline about 2 million Turks coming here
because of the EU?

It was two million Poles instead.

Two million Poles have arrived here since that Mail headline? Care to give
some proof of this? Not from the Mail, obviously.

Ten seconds Googling ****-fer-brains.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrat...e_EU_accession

And a bit more up to date.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/70...nts-live-in-uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
harry wrote:

Two million Poles have arrived here since that Mail headline? Care to give
some proof of this? Not from the Mail, obviously.

Ten seconds Googling ****-fer-brains.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrat...e_EU_accession

Thanks for confirming you can't even read a simple sentence.

Which part of 'since that Mail headline' escaped your comprehension?

And a bit more up to date.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/70...nts-live-in-uk

I'm sure it has escaped you that EU citizens have a right to work in the
UK, in the same way as UK citizens can work anywhere in it too. While we
remain a member of the EU.

Don't let the fact that Turkey isn't in the EU, or is likely to be in the
near future, get in the way of your muddled thinking.

I'll ask you again. How many Poles have arrived here to work (net figure,
please) since that Mail headline?

I won't hold my breath. It's obvious you prefer false news from the likes
of the Mail to facts.

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.