Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Conveyancing

Have any of you used a Conveyancing firm that you would recommend? Its
one thing I don't fancy doing myself!

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2018 16:40, Muddymike wrote:
Have any of you used a Conveyancing firm that you would recommend? Its
one thing I don't fancy doing myself!

Mike

If you are just buying it is relatively straightforward, i have done it
myself there is not a lot to do. Which have a good book on the subject.

It gets more complicated if you are selling as well but not impossible.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 4:40:13 PM UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
Have any of you used a Conveyancing firm that you would recommend? Its
one thing I don't fancy doing myself!

Mike

Many moons ago I used a firm in the middle of Wales somewhere. Nowhere near the property but a smooth transaction
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2018-05-10, Tufnell Park wrote:
On 10/05/2018 16:40, Muddymike wrote:
Have any of you used a Conveyancing firm that you would recommend? Its
one thing I don't fancy doing myself!

If you are just buying it is relatively straightforward,

And already you've omitted a potentially problem; leasehold. Doing your
own freehold conveyancing is relatively straightforward; right up to
the moment when it isn't.

FWIW, I will not deal with a purchaser or vendor who is doing their
own conveyancing, since the last (first, and only) time that happened
I ended up paying my solicitor to help the buyer "two down" the chain
in order to prevent the chain collapsing.

My solicitor 18 years ago had a higher rate for buying
from someone who was doing their own conveyancing.
That wasn't the case for the place I bought, but it was
listed on their quote.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2018 16:40, Muddymike wrote:
Have any of you used a Conveyancing firm that you would recommend? Its
one thing I don't fancy doing myself!

Mike

Jones and Co of Retford.

Bill

DIY conveyancing in Scotland? John Nagelson UK diy 7 July 5th 07 10:46 AM
buying house from family - DIY conveyancing ? [email protected] UK diy 9 March 12th 06 06:38 AM
DIY conveyancing Rich UK diy 5 July 9th 05 06:50 PM
DIY Conveyancing Transfer Rich UK diy 3 July 9th 05 04:49 PM
DIY conveyancing-plot of land R P McMurphey UK diy 10 February 18th 05 09:18 PM