Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

Default Telephone problem

BT line with phone and broadband.

Broadband is working OK and that has its own socket on the master
socket.

I can only get the phone working if I plug directly into the socket
behind the face plate on the master socket. If I plug into the socket
on the faceplate, I don't get anything at all. BT have suggested that
the micro filter on the faceplate has failed, but I've replaced that
with a new one, and that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions on where to start looking next ?

Thanks

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see: