Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TSB online is still absolutely dire

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 04 May 2018 12:12:24 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why haven't you
simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked over the road and
opened an account at another bank?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why haven't you
simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked over the road and
opened an account at another bank?

what branch ?.

The branch staff also cannot establish what your account balance
is (or that was the case for a while), hence they cannot give you
'your' money ! (or in many cases 'your' overdraft).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why haven't you
simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked over the road and
opened an account at another bank?

what branch ?.

The branch staff also cannot establish what your account balance
is (or that was the case for a while), hence they cannot give you
'your' money ! (or in many cases 'your' overdraft).

If I used them (I don't), my salary would certainly have been
redirected into a different bank by now.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why
haven't you simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked
over the road and opened an account at another bank?

Because if previously happy with TSB, should be back to as was shortly?
Unless you want to 'punish' TSB (and possibly yourself) by moving to a
bank you had previously rejected as not being as good?

--
*The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in school was my blood alcohol content*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Other Mike pretended :
So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why haven't
you
simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked over the road and
opened an account at another bank?

--

Nearest is 10 miles away and I have no need to panic, it is just one of
the banks I use. I'm just surprised they have made such a mess of
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why
haven't you simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked
over the road and opened an account at another bank?

I think finding out how much money you had in your account was a part of
the problem - and the branch staff may well have the same information
gap. It is hard to imagine a worse computer system than Lloyds/Halifax
but TSB seems to have demonstrated conclusively that they can make one!

Because if previously happy with TSB, should be back to as was shortly?
Unless you want to 'punish' TSB (and possibly yourself) by moving to a
bank you had previously rejected as not being as good?

Present day TSB customers are former LloydsTSB customers whose branch
was once in the very dim and distant past a TSB one and who lacked the
initiative to move. It isn't surprising that they just **** and moan.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Sam is offline

Present day TSB customers are former LloydsTSB customers whose branch
was once in the very dim and distant past a TSB one and who lacked the
initiative to move. It isn't surprising that they just **** and moan.

What do you base this assertion on?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
wrote:

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why
haven't you simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked
over the road and opened an account at another bank?

I think finding out how much money you had in your account was a part of
the problem - and the branch staff may well have the same information
gap. It is hard to imagine a worse computer system than Lloyds/Halifax

seems to work ok for me (Bank of Scotland). What do you find wrong with it?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
news
wrote:

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why
haven't you
simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked over the road
and
opened an account at another bank?

what branch ?.

The branch staff also cannot establish what your account balance
is (or that was the case for a while), hence they cannot give you
'your' money ! (or in many cases 'your' overdraft).

If I used them (I don't), my salary would certainly have been
redirected into a different bank by now.

I learnt not to bank with the Toytown Savings Bank when I was still in short
trousers and my mum had her account there (Dad banked with the Nat West)

A lesson that has served me well

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... laid this down on his screen :
I learnt not to bank with the Toytown Savings Bank when I was still in short
trousers and my mum had her account there (Dad banked with the Nat West)

A lesson that has served me well

Nat West / RBS has had numerous issues too and I also bank with them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/05/2018 12:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

I couldn't log in to either the website or app. Trying the app asked me
to confirm a code sent to either my home or mobile number, but the
mobile number was not mine ... it may have been one I had many years ago.

By the Thursday, all was working fine for me. The mobile number had
reverted to my current one and I've had no problems at all since.

It does seem that some people are far more affected by it than others
for some reason.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

The TSB was fine when no-one actually 'owned' it.

I had a Tessa with them and the interest rate was the best and
it was mentioned on all the personal money pages as 'best buy'.

Then it was decided that it should have an owner and Lloyds
merged with them. The wonderful Tessa rate immediately dropped.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew explained on 04/05/2018 :
The TSB was fine when no-one actually 'owned' it.

I had a Tessa with them and the interest rate was the best and
it was mentioned on all the personal money pages as 'best buy'.

Then it was decided that it should have an owner and Lloyds
merged with them. The wonderful Tessa rate immediately dropped.

Because of the issues, they announced a 5% interest rate on the first
£1500 only, of their basic current account. I have several times that,
in my TSB account.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It was taken over by the Government and then sold.

and Lloyds merged with them. The wonderful Tessa rate immediately dropped.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 04 May 2018 12:12:24 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

If 'they' ever succeed in forcing their wonderful 'cashless society' on
us, we'll be *totally* screwed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Martin Brown posted

I think finding out how much money you had in your account was a part
of the problem - and the branch staff may well have the same
information gap.

What's happening about direct debits set up against these accounts? If
the bank can't work out how much money the account holds, how can it
decide whether to allow the DD?

--
Jack
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 04 May 2018 14:13:26 +0100, The Other Mike wrote:

So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why
haven't you simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked
over the road and opened an account at another bank?

The banks have a good laugh when a customer does that, because at the
same time some unhappy customer is closing their account, a new customer
unhappy with *their* bank will be opening one! This is what happens when
you only have a few serious players in the banking industry.
The 1980s was a golden age for bank customers 'cos we had *true*
competition back then and the banks had to truly compete for market share.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Other Mike wrote
Harry Bloomfield wrote

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

So, nearly two weeks after the **** hit the fan the question is, why
haven't you simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money,
walked over the road and opened an account at another bank?

Because there are **** all branches so close together anymore. --

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 04 May 2018 12:12:24 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing
part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it
reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

If 'they' ever succeed in forcing their wonderful 'cashless society' on
us, we'll be *totally* screwed.

Nope, those of us with even half a clue will have multiple
accounts with multiple banks so there will always be one
that works fine when a particular one is flat on its face.

I've been doing that for decades now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , charles
writes

wrote:

[...]

And then they realised they didn't actually own it so gave the proceeds
back to the bank. Brilliant.

and Lloyds merged with them. The wonderful Tessa rate immediately dropped.

--
bert