Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT BBC Sound effects archive

Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I've just realised that you can play multiple sounds at once !,
like a Petter single cylinder diesel to the accompanyment??
of an African night-time jungle canopy :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

For Adam, there is the authentic sound of an Ozzie
building site :-

"Building site - Manly, Australia. Large site as heard from above with
natural reverberation, hammering, electric saws, drilling, metal
sheeting and wood dropped, very distant background surf and some myna
birds."

So now he can play this in the background while getting soaked on
a UK building site during the winter :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Wrote in message:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

How do you get to hear them?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K Wrote in message:
Andrew Wrote in message:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

How do you get to hear them?

Ah, change of browser & all is revealed :-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I've just realised that you can play multiple sounds at once !,
like a Petter single cylinder diesel to the accompanyment??
of an African night-time jungle canopy :-)

One thing you can be sure of with any SFX library is there is never the
exact thing you're looking for. ;-)

--
*Gravity is a myth, the earth sucks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 10:55:23 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

Reminds me of the Father Ted espisode about the beast and the celebration of sheep.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I say old chap, may I commend to you "Landing at night at RAF
Station"?
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/2/2018 10:55 AM, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I played them all at once,,,tee hee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago and wondered what personal use
actually meant?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andrew" wrote in message
news
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 15:14:43 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago and wondered what personal use
actually meant?
Brian

I think what is meant is that the samples shouldn't be used to make a record where yuo make a fortune or use for an advert or any commercial thing.

So I'd be OK for me to use a creaking door in a personal video where I wanted a spooky sound as my cat pushed through the cat flap.
But if I were spielberg and used if for the sounds of a fighter engine in star wars, that would be pushing the 'personal use' flag a bit too far I think :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I cannot get any to download. They seem to get to around 34 percent, then
stop with a failed to download. Firefox has no errors other than connection
was lost.
Good one bbc if it worked!
Brian

--
----- -

"Jimbo GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 5/2/2018 10:55 AM, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I played them all at once,,,tee hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 15:33:06 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
I cannot get any to download. They seem to get to around 34 percent, then
stop with a failed to download. Firefox has no errors other than connection
was lost.
Good one bbc if it worked!

Using a Mac running firefox quantum 59.0.2 (64-bit) it defaulted to load it into itunes, but I chose to save the file.

Using the first sample on the page I got a wav file of 35.5 MB, so a lot bigger than I expected, it open and played in audacity OK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I have a library of BBC sound effects on LPs, although not quite as many
as in the online archive.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

Ooh that's an interesting looking group, I'm doing a bit of recording
ATM after a long absence from the tech.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I've just realised that you can play multiple sounds at once !,
like a Petter single cylinder diesel to the accompanyment??
of an African night-time jungle canopy :-)

One thing you can be sure of with any SFX library is there is never the
exact thing you're looking for. ;-)

Well, there is the Austin Rover ?(Fisher) pressed steel body
plant in full swing, plus quite a few Rover 2600 clips.:-)

I was hoping for a BR Delta diesel in full throttle but cannot
find one.

The nocturnal and daybreak African jungle canopy clips are quite
restful. Would make a good phone ring tone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2018 14:44, Jimbo GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 5/2/2018 10:55 AM, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I played them all at once,,,tee hee

What, including the morse code ones ?.

What do they say ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2018 15:33, Brian Gaff wrote:
I cannot get any to download. They seem to get to around 34 percent, then
stop with a failed to download. Firefox has no errors other than connection
was lost.
Good one bbc if it worked!
Brian

I just click on play from Firefox and connect my PC spdif output
to my Onkyo mini-hifi.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2018 15:57, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 15:33:06 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
I cannot get any to download. They seem to get to around 34 percent, then
stop with a failed to download. Firefox has no errors other than connection
was lost.
Good one bbc if it worked!

Using a Mac running firefox quantum 59.0.2 (64-bit) it defaulted to load it into itunes, but I chose to save the file.

Using the first sample on the page I got a wav file of 35.5 MB, so a lot bigger than I expected, it open and played in audacity OK.

You'd think they would have used MP3 with some compression !!.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2018 17:08, Nightjar wrote:
On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I have a library of BBC sound effects on LPs, although not quite as many
as in the online archive.

So HD Sound effects then :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:

I was hoping for a BR Delta diesel in full throttle but cannot
find one.

There seem to be plenty of Class 55s here, I haven't checked what
they are doing

http://www.brdw.co.uk/sounds.html

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I've just realised that you can play multiple sounds at once !,
like a Petter single cylinder diesel to the accompanyment??
of an African night-time jungle canopy :-)

One thing you can be sure of with any SFX library is there is never the
exact thing you're looking for. ;-)

Searching for lesbian finds no results.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 2 May 2018 20:20:44 +0100, ARW wrote:

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I've just realised that you can play multiple sounds at once !,
like a Petter single cylinder diesel to the accompanyment??
of an African night-time jungle canopy :-)

One thing you can be sure of with any SFX library is there is never the
exact thing you're looking for. ;-)

Searching for lesbian finds no results.

Greg Dyke had them removed.

--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

I've just realised that you can play multiple sounds at once !,
like a Petter single cylinder diesel to the accompanyment??
of an African night-time jungle canopy :-)

One thing you can be sure of with any SFX library is there is never the
exact thing you're looking for. ;-)

Maybe not, but lots of things that can be reused in different ways - I'm
sure that "Sound of radar echoes from the Moon" is a sound effect used
in the old Doctor Who's!

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Wrote in message:
On 02/05/2018 10:55, Andrew wrote:
Over on the uk.rec.audio group, someone has posted this
link to BBC sound effects.

Handy for those who hanker after the past :-)

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

For Adam, there is the authentic sound of an Ozzie
building site :-

With lesbians?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/2/2018 3:33 PM, Brian Gaff wrote:
I cannot get any to download. They seem to get to around 34 percent, then
stop with a failed to download. Firefox has no errors other than connection
was lost.
Good one bbc if it worked!
Brian

worked for me on firefux

OTish: simple MP3 player for 'theatrical' sound effects sought jkn UK diy 8 February 28th 13 03:52 PM
Sound effects from Qbasic? (Tucker) Robert Baer[_3_] Electronic Schematics 0 November 27th 10 03:33 AM
Archive Matthew Woodworking 3 December 22nd 04 05:26 PM
Archive material Mark Atherton UK diy 12 October 19th 03 10:27 AM
Current Issues Article Archive [AF] Abdulhafid Woodworking 0 October 12th 03 01:57 PM