Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default OTish: simple MP3 player for 'theatrical' sound effects sought

Hi all
I'm looking for a simple/cheap device which I'm sure must exist ... it would accept a series of audio files (via a pendrive or maybe SD card) and have a series of buttons on the front, with a small built-in amplifier & loudspeaker.

When the user presses button '1', file '1.wav' or '1.mp3' would play
When the user presses button '2', file '2.wav' or '2.mp3' would play
etc.

This is just for home 'novelty' use, no great quality needed. I've seen joke sound effects generators similar to this, but nothing which could be reprogrammed. Any pointers?

Cheers
J^n

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2013 20:52, jkn wrote:
Hi all
I'm looking for a simple/cheap device which I'm sure must exist ... it would accept a series of audio files (via a pendrive or maybe SD card) and have a series of buttons on the front, with a small built-in amplifier & loudspeaker.

When the user presses button '1', file '1.wav' or '1.mp3' would play
When the user presses button '2', file '2.wav' or '2.mp3' would play
etc.

This is just for home 'novelty' use, no great quality needed. I've seen joke sound effects generators similar to this, but nothing which could be reprogrammed. Any pointers?

Cheers
J^n

Not quite what you want, but this (below) does allow you to put a
micro-SD card in and has a next-previous button.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009LJG4VU

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jkn wrote:

I'm looking for a simple/cheap device which I'm sure must exist ...
it would accept a series of audio files (via a pendrive or maybe SD
card) and have a series of buttons on the front, with a small
built-in amplifier & loudspeaker.

When the user presses button '1', file '1.wav' or '1.mp3' would play
When the user presses button '2', file '2.wav' or '2.mp3' would play
etc.

This is just for home 'novelty' use, no great quality needed. I've
seen joke sound effects generators similar to this, but nothing which
could be reprogrammed. Any pointers?

Soundboard app on a mobile phone, or tablet? Surely there must be one
out there that allows the fart sounds to be replaced with your own?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Hi Andy

Soundboard app on a mobile phone, or tablet?

Hmm, a tablet app might be the way to go ... perhaps I can use it as an excuse to write My First Android App

Surely there must be one
out there that allows the fart sounds to be replaced with your own?

You'd think ... this is the closest I have found so far:

http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/cata...ger-p-517.html

but I was hoping for something a bit cheaper & nastier, pre-packaged ;-)

J^n

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:52:41 -0800 (PST), jkn wrote:

I'm looking for a simple/cheap device which I'm sure must exist ... it
would accept a series of audio files (via a pendrive or maybe SD card)
and have a series of buttons on the front, with a small built-in
amplifier & loudspeaker.

Do you have a smart phone? Look in the app stores for "sound board".

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:14:11 -0800 (PST), jkn wrote:

Soundboard app on a mobile phone, or tablet?

Hmm, a tablet app might be the way to go ... perhaps I can use it as an
excuse to write My First Android App

Surely there must be one
out there that allows the fart sounds to be replaced with your own?

You'd think ... this is the closest I have found so far:

http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/cata...ger-p-517.html

but I was hoping for something a bit cheaper & nastier, pre-packaged
;-)

Custom SoundBoard by andro iX
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.CustomSoundb
oard&hl=en

Soundboard Maker by Rocket Bird
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.SoundboardMa
ker&hl=en

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jkn wrote:
Hi all
I'm looking for a simple/cheap device which I'm sure must exist ...
it would accept a series of audio files (via a pendrive or maybe SD card)
and have a series of buttons on the front, with a small built-in amplifier & loudspeaker.

When the user presses button '1', file '1.wav' or '1.mp3' would play
When the user presses button '2', file '2.wav' or '2.mp3' would play
etc.

This is just for home 'novelty' use, no great quality needed. I've seen
joke sound effects generators similar to this, but nothing which could be
reprogrammed. Any pointers?

Modules that can be programmed with MP3s and then play back at the push of
a button are plentiful and cheap. They are used in toys and sold in hobby
shops and on line.

Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006NFL0TG

Just use one for each sound, they are cheap enough.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Tuesday, 26 February 2013 21:33:00 UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Do you have a smart phone? Look in the app stores for "sound board".

Hi Dave - that looks like exactly the thing, thanks a lot. There are a few example projects for me to have a try ad developing my own Android App as mentioned above. Excellent ;-)

Cheers
j^n
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:52:41 -0800 (PST), jkn wrote:

Hi all
I'm looking for a simple/cheap device which I'm sure must exist ... it would accept a series of audio files (via a pendrive or maybe SD card) and have a series of buttons on the front, with a small built-in amplifier & loudspeaker.

When the user presses button '1', file '1.wav' or '1.mp3' would play
When the user presses button '2', file '2.wav' or '2.mp3' would play
etc.

Have a look at http://www.voicemodul.de/. I think they have what you want,
provided 5 buttons will do you. There's one further down offering programmable
buttons...

They have others with more sounds -- the site is in German but the data sheets
("Datenblatt") are in English (as provided by the Chinese suppliers).

Thomas Prufer