Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Watch on left or right hand?

On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 13:30:40 UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 13:03:30 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

On 24/04/2018 10:24, NY wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news I don't wear a watch, my clock talks and is in my pocket.
Does not matter which.
You know you should get out more!

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news I'm right handed, so I prefer to use my right hand to look at the time.
Can someone explain to me why most right handed folk put their watch on
their left hand?

The normal convention is to wear a wris****ch on the opposite hand to
the one you write with - maybe so you can look at the time while you are
writing, or else so it is less likely to be damaged when doing tasks
with the dominant (writing) hand.

And you can look at the time without throwing your pint all over yourself!

When drinking a pint, are you continuously holding the glass?

Usually yes, and usually standing too, and when filming gigs I tend to have a pint in one hand, holding the camera with my other hand the right hand one in most cases.

You must get through a lot of beer. I pick up the glass and take a sip, then put it back down. Looking at my watch is a seperate activity and I don't try both at once.

because you can't whereas I can.
and it doesnlt matter which hand I'm holding a pint with both my wrist are pointing inwards, so unlike you I don't need to twist my wrists in either direction to see the time while holding a pint.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Idiot Alert! LOL

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 05:57:27 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave, the notorious
troll-feeding idiot, blabbered:

FLUSH the idiot's inevitable idiotic drivel