Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK mains plug sleeved pins - pointless

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 3:16:25 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 15:03:39 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 09:13:11 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

On 16-Apr-18 5:16 PM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Children have small fingers. However some of my plugs are not
shrouded, as
they are quite old but then I have no children....

Is that because they have all been electrocuted? :-)

People make far too much fuss over electricity, I've received 240 volts
many times and it never killed me. And yes some were when I was a
child. Children are not different to us, they can handle the same voltage.

Yes, people make far too much fuss over children.

It wasn't so bad when I was younger. A few people had those silly plastic pretend plugs in sockets to cover them when not in use, but that was about it. Any child clever enough to have access to screwdrivers knew what electricity was anyway.

As a child I'd go windsurfing in the local lake (hiring a windsurf from the park rangers) in a pair of shorts. Nowadays people think even adults will die if they get a bit chilly. I remember all of us shivering quite hard when we did it in spring for a few hours. One ranger once asked me why I wasn't wearing a wetsuit - he said "how are you going to keep warm?" - I said "why would I want to keep warm?" and he just looked at me confused. The wetsuits didn't work anyway, I was no colder without one as wetsuits let the water straight through. I especially didn't want to wear one when my friend told me when he needed a **** he just did it inside the wetsuit. It probably rinsed away fairly quickly but.... YUCK!

Wetsuits are supposed to let in water, that's why they're called wetsuits. A layer of water, trapped in the suit, warms up to your body temperature and acts as an insulator.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Idiot Alert!

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 00:15:13 -0700 (PDT), Halmyre, another troll-feeding
idiot, blathered:

Wetsuits are supposed to let in water, that's why they're called
wetsuits. A layer of water, trapped in the suit, warms up to your body
temperature and acts as an insulator.

A little bait, trapping any idiot who comes along, certainly always warms
the cockles of his attention-starved heart, idiot!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 19 April 2018 13:32:13 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 08:15:13 +0100, Halmyre wrote:

[...]

Perhaps if it's tight fitting, but they weren't.

Well they are meant to be.

And I can tell you with 100% certainty that I was actually warmer without one.

How do yuo know you were actually warmer did yuo measure the temerature or did you feel warmer.

You see when I fell in the water and got out,

you fell in ? drunk again or yet another balance problem ?

I dried off in a few minutes, everyone else stayed wet. If you want to be a sissy, you should wear a drysuit, otherwise grow a pair of balls and shiver!

Why shiver, you still haven't explained why you shiver, what's the point if you aren't cold which is what you've imply ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:02:23 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave, another notorious
troll-feeding idiot, blabbered again:

FLUSH all the idiotic troll fodder

UK mains plug sleeved pins - pointless NY UK diy 5 April 19th 18 11:02 AM
OT - Pointless John Miller[_5_] UK diy 6 March 6th 13 06:28 PM
Sleeved letter plates Eddie UK diy 0 November 29th 06 03:17 PM
Relatively pointless question about telephone cords Dan Electronics Repair 3 March 28th 06 10:46 PM
Is it pointless to put GFI outlets on a on a curcuit that has gfi breaker??? Beerhunter Home Repair 1 August 1st 03 06:24 AM