Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default UK mains plug sleeved pins - pointless

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
I remember all of us shivering quite hard when we did it in spring for a
few hours. One ranger once asked me why I wasn't wearing a wetsuit - he
said "how are you going to keep warm?" - I said "why would I want to keep
warm?"

Then why were yuo shivering if yuo didn;t want to keep warm, try thinking
about this before you answer.

JWS seems to revel in not feeling the cold - or at least, not *minding* the
cold. Maybe he thinks that this makes other people look upon him as a hard
man; in my case, it just makes me think that he's a prat.

"Why would I want to keep warm" - if he has to ask that question, I think he
makes my point. Human beings try to maintain a fairly constant body
temperature, by reflexive actions like shivering or sweating, and by
conscious actions like wearing or removing clothes, or by living on a house
that is heated by a fire or by central heating, or cooled by air drafts or
air conditioning. JWS's body evidently needed to warm itself up - that's why
it was shivering - but his brain denied this.

If JWS doesn't *mind* being so cold that he shivers, then bully for him - as
long as he doesn't project those rather way-out beliefs onto anyone else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 18 April 2018 10:04:13 UTC+1, NY wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
I remember all of us shivering quite hard when we did it in spring for a
few hours. One ranger once asked me why I wasn't wearing a wetsuit - he
said "how are you going to keep warm?" - I said "why would I want to keep
warm?"

Then why were yuo shivering if yuo didn;t want to keep warm, try thinking
about this before you answer.

JWS seems to revel in not feeling the cold - or at least, not *minding* the
cold.

He claims not to feel cold, that shows lack of sense both physical ability and mental capacity.

Maybe he thinks that this makes other people look upon him as a hard
man; in my case, it just makes me think that he's a prat.

Well some of us have come to the conclusion that he is a prat no thinking required ;-)

"Why would I want to keep warm" - if he has to ask that question, I think he
makes my point. Human beings try to maintain a fairly constant body
temperature, by reflexive actions like shivering or sweating, and by
conscious actions like wearing or removing clothes, or by living on a house
that is heated by a fire or by central heating, or cooled by air drafts or
air conditioning. JWS's body evidently needed to warm itself up - that's why
it was shivering - but his brain denied this.

But in his defence his brain denies many true things so he suffers from some mental process that most of us accept nature doing what comes natural it;s all part of survivil of the fitest to enable the lifeform to further progress where it might have failed in the past.

If JWS doesn't *mind* being so cold that he shivers, then bully for him - as
long as he doesn't project those rather way-out beliefs onto anyone else.

It's rather like listening to David Icke and his theory that the royal family are reptiles.
I just hope Megan M isn't affraid of snakes otherwise she's in for a suprise on her wedding night.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/18 12:06, whisky-dave wrote:
It's rather like listening to David Icke and his theory that the royal family are reptiles.
I just hope Megan M isn't affraid of snakes otherwise she's in for a suprise on her wedding night.

If harry hasnt shagged it senseless already he isnt half the man I
thought he was

--
Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
It's rather like listening to David Icke and his theory that the royal
family are reptiles.
I just hope Megan M isn't affraid of snakes otherwise she's in for a
suprise on her wedding night.

I would have thought that she has already "met" the Royal Trouser Snake.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2018 12:06, whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Brings to mind the 1980s SF TV series 'V', about reptilian alien
invaders who wore an extra skin to look human. Or some lizards, who have
two penes.

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 18 April 2018 20:50:11 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
[...]

yes and it was remade in the 2000s I liked the original but not the remake.

Or some lizards, who have
two penes.

Male kangaroos adn two or tather one that is split. Well I guess they need it if the females have 3 vaginas. Then there's that 'newly' discovered millipeade with 4 penises.

--
Max Demian

OT - Pointless John Miller[_5_] UK diy 6 March 6th 13 06:28 PM
Sleeved letter plates Eddie UK diy 0 November 29th 06 03:17 PM
Rats! a tail of woe, probably pointless Ray UK diy 22 July 4th 06 10:29 PM
Relatively pointless question about telephone cords Dan Electronics Repair 3 March 28th 06 10:46 PM
Is it pointless to put GFI outlets on a on a curcuit that has gfi breaker??? Beerhunter Home Repair 1 August 1st 03 06:24 AM