Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default UK mains plug sleeved pins - pointless

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
I remember all of us shivering quite hard when we did it in spring for a
few hours. One ranger once asked me why I wasn't wearing a wetsuit - he
said "how are you going to keep warm?" - I said "why would I want to keep
warm?"

Then why were yuo shivering if yuo didn;t want to keep warm, try thinking
about this before you answer.

JWS seems to revel in not feeling the cold - or at least, not *minding* the
cold. Maybe he thinks that this makes other people look upon him as a hard
man; in my case, it just makes me think that he's a prat.

"Why would I want to keep warm" - if he has to ask that question, I think he
makes my point. Human beings try to maintain a fairly constant body
temperature, by reflexive actions like shivering or sweating, and by
conscious actions like wearing or removing clothes, or by living on a house
that is heated by a fire or by central heating, or cooled by air drafts or
air conditioning. JWS's body evidently needed to warm itself up - that's why
it was shivering - but his brain denied this.

If JWS doesn't *mind* being so cold that he shivers, then bully for him - as
long as he doesn't project those rather way-out beliefs onto anyone else.