Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default i.m looking for a john lewis JL100 sewing machine manual

replying to dee.cobley, Dorothy Dale wrote:
Did you get an instruction manual? if not I have one I can send you

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...l-1108937-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

posted on February 17, 2016, 6:19 pm

I'd imagine they have probably given up after nearly 3 years.
Might I just tentatively ask why you cannot see that the portal you are
using is regurgitating an old messages? It on the screen when the thing you
are replying to was posted and anyone who takes several years looking for a
manual cannot be very interested in it, so I'd ignore such messages.
I think what has happened here is that you, like many assume that the list
you are posting to is local, but in fact its a mere portal onto a very very
old list that has been around for years and years and you should be wise to
making sure the system has not dredged up an old thread for you.
Brian
--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dorothy Dale" m wrote in
message ...
replying to dee.cobley, Dorothy Dale wrote:
Did you get an instruction manual? if not I have one I can send you

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...l-1108937-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2018 17:20, Brian Gaff wrote:

Just for the benefit of others, sewing machine manuals are something
which seem to be very readily available on the web, including scans of
old paper ones.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes, I'm sure they are and actually all manuals seem to be scans, and as
such not accessible to me. I wanted one for an older radio and when I
downloaded it all the pages were effectively blank to me.

Brian

--
----- -

"newshound" wrote in message
On 31/03/2018 17:20, Brian Gaff wrote:

Just for the benefit of others, sewing machine manuals are something which
seem to be very readily available on the web, including scans of old paper
ones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2018 18:47, newshound wrote:
On 31/03/2018 17:20, Brian Gaff wrote:

Just for the benefit of others, sewing machine manuals are something
which seem to be very readily available on the web, including scans of
old paper ones.

I emailed the manufacturer and they sent me one.

The machine was made before WW2. Thanks Singer!

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Apr 2018 21:17:53 +0100
Vir Campestris wrote:

On 31/03/2018 18:47, newshound wrote:
On 31/03/2018 17:20, Brian Gaff wrote:

Just for the benefit of others, sewing machine manuals are
something which seem to be very readily available on the web,
including scans of old paper ones.

I emailed the manufacturer and they sent me one.

The machine was made before WW2. Thanks Singer!

They didn't make many different domestic machines before WWII - I
suspect it's some of the later ones that would test their resources.