Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default NatWest card reader - more

My NatWest card reader dropped into the letter box this morning. So I
checked it with my NatWest card, worked fine then some of my other
cards. It worked with a TSB debit card, but refused an Halifax
Mastercard credit card.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/18 12:27, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
My NatWest card reader dropped into the letter box this morning. So I
checked it with my NatWest card, worked fine then some of my other
cards. It worked with a TSB debit card, but refused an Halifax
Mastercard credit card.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/0...ays_pinsentry/

https://supportcentre.natwest.com/Se...ng-society.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/2018 12:46, Richard wrote:
On 19/03/18 12:27, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
My NatWest card reader dropped into the letter box this morning. So I
checked it with my NatWest card, worked fine then some of my other
cards. It worked with a TSB debit card, but refused an Halifax
Mastercard credit card.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/0...ays_pinsentry/

https://supportcentre.natwest.com/Se...ng-society.htm

My card reader will not accept credit cards, only debit cards.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/03/18 09:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
And what about the talking ones.
Brian

I don't know. Do you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/2018 12:27, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
My NatWest card reader dropped into the letter box this morning. So I
checked it with my NatWest card, worked fine then some of my other
cards. It worked with a TSB debit card, but refused an Halifax
Mastercard credit card.

A Barclaycard might work - if you happen to have one.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3/19/2018 8:27 AM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
My NatWest card reader dropped into the letter box this morning. So I
checked it with my NatWest card, worked fine then some of my other
cards. It worked with a TSB debit card, but refused an Halifax
Mastercard credit card.

Just a thought - will they work with any non-UK cards?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

S Viemeister wrote:
On 3/19/2018 8:27 AM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
My NatWest card reader dropped into the letter box this morning. So I
checked it with my NatWest card, worked fine then some of my other
cards. It worked with a TSB debit card, but refused an Halifax
Mastercard credit card.

Just a thought - will they work with any non-UK cards?

In general yes, I have a BNP Paribas one (Belgium) and that works fine
with my Lloyds cards (and vice versa).

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3/20/2018 4:48 AM, Chris Green wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
On 3/19/2018 8:27 AM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
My NatWest card reader dropped into the letter box this morning. So I
checked it with my NatWest card, worked fine then some of my other
cards. It worked with a TSB debit card, but refused an Halifax
Mastercard credit card.

Just a thought - will they work with any non-UK cards?

In general yes, I have a BNP Paribas one (Belgium) and that works fine
with my Lloyds cards (and vice versa).

Interesting.
I have a US card - I'll see if my RBofS reader accepts it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

S Viemeister wrote:
On 3/19/2018 8:27 AM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
My NatWest card reader dropped into the letter box this morning. So I
checked it with my NatWest card, worked fine then some of my other
cards. It worked with a TSB debit card, but refused an Halifax
Mastercard credit card.

Just a thought - will they work with any non-UK cards?

In general yes, I have a BNP Paribas one (Belgium) and that works fine
with my Lloyds cards (and vice versa).

Interesting.
I have a US card - I'll see if my RBofS reader accepts it.

The Barclays pinsentry accepts any card that complies with
the apacs standard. Not all do.