Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - NatWest service seems to be down

NatWest online banking is giving me Service Unavailable.

Anyone else having this problem?

Google hasn't shown up any reports with today's date on.

Cheers

Dave R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 12:07:31 +0000, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

NatWest online banking is giving me Service Unavailable.

Anyone else having this problem?

Google hasn't shown up any reports with today's date on.

Cheers

Dave R

O.K. panic over - it is back up again.

So don't know if the web servers are just overloaded or something more
serious/sinister.

Cheers

Dave R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/06/2013 13:16, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

O.K. panic over - it is back up again.

So don't know if the web servers are just overloaded or something more
serious/sinister.

Just logged in here and there was a few seconds hesitation going to
NWOLB but working fine at the moment.

--

http://www.water-rower.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

At 12.15 I had an email, pupporting to come from NatWest but clearly fake,
telling me that my (not the entire) service had been temporarily shut down
and giving me a link to click:

Online banking service temporarily locked
For your security, your online banking service has been temporarily locked.
To unlock the service, please Log In to Online Banking and and proceed with
the verification process.

(link here)

Yours sincerely,
Natwest Digital and mobile banking team

Perhaps it was some incredibly enterprising faker taking advantage of the
genuine hiccup? Wasted effort on me, though, since I don't actually bank
with NatWest.