Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default While the brain was ticking

While chatting to our decorator who was waiting for an application of
something to dry my mobile rang.

Female: 'I'm calling from xyz. I understand you experienced a vehicle
collision recently'.
Me: 'Yes! At last someone believes me!'
Female: (flabbergasted) 'Can you confirm the licence number?'
Me: 'No it was too high for me to see'
Female: 'Well can you describe it?'
Me. 'Oh yes, it was Nimitz Class aircraft carrier'.
Female: 'Did you say an aircraft?'
Me: 'No. An aircraft carrier. I thought it strange at the time. We were in
the middle of Yorkshire'.

For some reason she rang off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 08/03/2018 19:53, Pinnerite wrote:

For some reason she rang off.

I had the same.

We were getting along swimmingly (the caller and me), discussing the
accident, and then she asked "How many passengers were in the car?"

Unfortunately, I blurted out the first number that came into my head: "17".

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/03/2018 20:35, GB wrote:
On 08/03/2018 19:53, Pinnerite wrote:

For some reason she rang off.

I had the same.

We were getting along swimmingly (the caller and me), discussing the
accident, and then she asked "How many passengers were in the car?"

Unfortunately, I blurted out the first number that came into my head: "17".

I would have said "69"

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 21:09:23 +0000, ARW wrote:

On 08/03/2018 20:35, GB wrote:
On 08/03/2018 19:53, Pinnerite wrote:

For some reason she rang off.

I had the same.

We were getting along swimmingly (the caller and me), discussing the
accident, and then she asked "How many passengers were in the car?"

Unfortunately, I blurted out the first number that came into my head:
"17".

I would have said "69"

Talk about "Topic Drift"! :-)

--
Johnny B Good

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/03/2018 20:35, GB wrote:
On 08/03/2018 19:53, Pinnerite wrote:

For some reason she rang off.

I had the same.

We were getting along swimmingly (the caller and me), discussing the
accident, and then she asked "How many passengers were in the car?"

Unfortunately, I blurted out the first number that came into my head:
"17".

I would have said "69"

Talk about "Topic Drift"! :-)

Why did I immediately visualise a chocolate bar floating slowly down a
river?

Must be the diet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/03/2018 20:35, GB wrote:
On 08/03/2018 19:53, Pinnerite wrote:

For some reason she rang off.

I had the same.

We were getting along swimmingly (the caller and me), discussing the
accident, and then she asked "How many passengers were in the car?"

Unfortunately, I blurted out the first number that came into my head:
"17".

I would have said "69"

Talk about "Topic Drift"! :-)

Why did I immediately visualise a chocolate bar floating slowly down a
river?

Must be the diet.

Well done, that made me giggle:-)

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pinnerite" wrote in message
news
While chatting to our decorator who was waiting for an application of
something to dry my mobile rang.

Female: 'I'm calling from xyz. I understand you experienced a vehicle
collision recently'.
Me: 'Yes! At last someone believes me!'
Female: (flabbergasted) 'Can you confirm the licence number?'
Me: 'No it was too high for me to see'
Female: 'Well can you describe it?'
Me. 'Oh yes, it was Nimitz Class aircraft carrier'.
Female: 'Did you say an aircraft?'
Me: 'No. An aircraft carrier. I thought it strange at the time. We were in
the middle of Yorkshire'.

For some reason she rang off.

every time I advertise something on gumtree they all phone me....I try and
find out from them which gumtree item they are interested in...tee hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 08/03/2018 19:53, Pinnerite wrote:

For some reason she rang off.

I had the same.

We were getting along swimmingly (the caller and me), discussing the
accident, and then she asked "How many passengers were in the car?"

Unfortunately, I blurted out the first number that came into my head:
"17".

I tell them I died in the accident...always fun ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I told her I could not tell as I'm blind. This was a call to my phobile Mone
They need to get a sense of humour these folk.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"GB" wrote in message
news
On 08/03/2018 19:53, Pinnerite wrote:

For some reason she rang off.

I had the same.

We were getting along swimmingly (the caller and me), discussing the
accident, and then she asked "How many passengers were in the car?"

Unfortunately, I blurted out the first number that came into my head:
"17".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim.GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 08/03/2018 19:53, Pinnerite wrote:

For some reason she rang off.

I had the same.

We were getting along swimmingly (the caller and me), discussing the
accident, and then she asked "How many passengers were in the car?"

Unfortunately, I blurted out the first number that came into my head:
"17".

I tell them I died in the accident...always fun ......

or...I tell them to hang on and I will let them speak to my liver as it was
involved in a fatal accident...tee hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

My new idea for dealing with time waster calls. I've used it three times
now. The exact format depends on what they're selling, but here's an
example.

Pest: Is that William Wright?
Me: (very faint shocked-sounding voice as used throughout) Yes. Is that
the undertaker?
Pest:"Have you been involved in a car accident in the last three years
that wasn't your fault?"
Me: Yes you know I have. Is that the undertaker? Is it Mr Bartholomew?
Pest: "Have you been involved in a car accident in the last three years
that wasn't your fault?"
Me: (sounding distressed) Yes yes yes! Please Mr Batholomew, can you
come soon? He's in the front room... It's not very nice now... the
smell... he's dripping on the floor Mr Bartholomew, he's dripping on the
floor! I've had to put my baking try under it... I won't be able to use
it now... I'll have to get another one... oh dear... of dear...

As many of you will know I'm a drama queen. I'm loving this chance to
extemporise.

Bill

SMPS ticking BigTom Electronics Repair 1 December 29th 04 02:02 AM
Ticking noise from Aiwa compact cd system Adrian Brentnall Electronics Repair 4 December 24th 04 09:05 AM
Ticking pipes Bob Smith UK diy 3 December 9th 03 04:51 PM
RCA TV CTC169(BG5) Wont come out of standby - Ticking sound when Power button is pressed Electronics Repair 1 September 22nd 03 03:05 AM
Why cop and brain surgeon removed my brain? Gunner Metalworking 1 July 16th 03 10:54 PM