Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking for a fitting like this but with a hose barb

I'm looking for something like this:-

http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/fr0...SI16504?st=bsp

but with a hose barb rather than the click-on fitting that this one has.

Having the 1/2" to 3/4" BSP adapter would be handy but it's not
absolutely necessary. I definitely need 1/2" BSP, I might need some
3/4" BSP ones.

I have found some polypropylene ones (on eBay) but they're £3.75 each
plus £3.00 postage. The above from CPC is £0.35, a tenth of the price!
I'm quite happy to pay a bit more than £0.35 but £3.75 seems a bit
steep.

Brass 'hose to bib-cock' fittings don't work very well for my
application, plastic is much better. My current 'best' fitting is one
just like the CPC fitting above with a hose clipped onto the outlet
using a jubilee clip. I might end up deciding that this is the best
solution but a 'proper' fitting would be nice.

I've hunted around eBay etc. (and BES Ltd.) but can't find anything
other than the £3.75 ones.

Can anyone suggest any possible suppliers?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 14:13:34 +0000
Chris Green wrote:

[...]

Five for £6.59 any good?

http://amzn.eu/0ZHGnap

or the same seller's own website

http://www.growinsane.com/product/13...12-bsp-thread/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 14:13:34 +0000
Chris Green wrote:

[...]

Aha, thank you. I'd found the one off price but not the five off
price which is quite reasonable.

--
Chris Green
·