Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where can I find "inert gas to 3/16 barb " fitting?

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 22:50:13 -0500, Ignoramus29059

On 2011-04-17, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:34:09 -0500, Ignoramus29059
wrote:

I need to find a fitting that has a male inert gas threaded fitting on
one side, and 3/16" barb fitting for tubing, on the other side. Any
ideas where I can get one?

thanks

Right or left hand thread?

At the local welding gas supply, Ig, for only ten or twenty bucks
apiece if Gunner doesn't have one.

Whatever the inert gas is, I think right threaded.

I can just see a person going down to the AIRGAS store and asking for
"a basket of right-threaded argon gas, please." titter

--
If only he'd wash his neck, I'd wring it.
-- John Sparrow
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

At the local welding gas supply, Ig, for only ten or twenty bucks
apiece if Gunner doesn't have one.

I purchase some at my local Airgas store in janurary,
they are only a couple of bucks each.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 18, 7:08*am, "azotic" wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

At the local welding gas supply, Ig, for only ten or twenty bucks
apiece if Gunner doesn't have one.

I purchase some at my local Airgas store in janurary,
they are only a couple of bucks each.

Best Regards
Tom.

Yeah, usually that's the place. If they don't have it on hand, they
can get it quick. General Air around here usually has better stock on
that stuff, though.

"Inert gas" covers a whole lot of territory here. What sort do you
want to hook up, Ig? Argon, CO2, nitrogen, helium, mixtures,
something more exotic? Some bottle connections are common among
several gas types, some aren't. Having the CGA connection ID number
helps a whole lot when skimming through catalogs and listings when
looking for fittings.
You ARE talking about a bottle connection here, right? If that's the
case, you're going to need one whale of a 3/16" hose if you expect it
to take full bottle pressure. If it's to the low side of a regulator/
flowmeter, those are usually standard pipe threads at the regulator
and a hose barb should be easy to find. If you're trying to set up a
TIG or MIG outfit, you'll NEED a flowmeter between tank and welder.
The welders don't always come with one. Just guessing on the
application there.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I need to find a fitting that has a male inert gas threaded fitting on
one side, and 3/16" barb fitting for tubing, on the other side. Any
ideas where I can get one?

thanks

Right or left hand thread?

At the local welding gas supply, Ig, for only ten or twenty bucks
apiece if Gunner doesn't have one.

Whatever the inert gas is, I think right threaded.

I can just see a person going down to the AIRGAS store and asking for
"a basket of right-threaded argon gas, please." titter

Did they throw you out of the store? They should have.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.