Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default electricians

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 07:30:08 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 12 January 2018 13:26:55 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
I didnlt get the two confused although the differnce between a moped and
a scooter isn't always clear from their use.

The difference (in my day) was a moped was more akin to a bicycle or small
motorbike.
A scooter had much smaller wheels, and no oily bits on show.

Well a moped is actually a moterbike that can be peddaled hence the name motor-pedal so that's pretty much a fixed description.

Scooters aren't designed to be manually driven via pedals.

Mopeds could also be driven at a younger age, due to being pedal cycles
with an engine added. Scooters never had this option.

I don't think that is true unless yuo;re refering to unpowered scooters.

I beg to differ, a moped could be ridden at 16 whereas a scooter or
motorcycle rider had to be 17.

I may be wrong but I think the Yamaha FS1E changed all that, it had
pedals which were purely for ornamental use and due to some new alloy
Yamaha developed, it had a top speed of 80 MPH.

A very popular device in my younger days and despite the vast increase
in experience it provided the medical profession and undertakers in
the effects of blunt force trauma, the devices were put beyond the
reach of learners.

AB
People also ask
How old do you have to be to ride a scooter?
If you're 16 years of age or older, and if your moped is not capable of driving faster than 20 MPH, you can ride without a license. To operate a motorized scooter you must be at least 16 years old and carry either an instruction permit or driver's license.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 12 January 2018 18:10:14 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
I'm biased! But at least you don't have to pay £145 pa to listen to me!

Internet costs quite a bit more than £145 pa.

But if you were an MEP we'd be paying you a lot more than that.

Owain

Free Help From Expert Electricians Ellis Greensitt UK diy 13 June 3rd 05 12:12 PM
How do electricians test circuits? Peter Scott UK diy 22 January 12th 05 08:52 PM
electricians snake JJ UK diy 9 December 6th 04 01:24 PM
Smoke decector circuit, and why are electricians so expensive? Jeff Home Repair 7 September 7th 04 01:32 AM
How much do Electricians Charge? Pablo UK diy 4 August 25th 03 11:10 AM