Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH System Design/Overhaul/Maintenance.

On Sunday, 14 January 2018 12:54:54 UTC, Roger Mills wrote:

Usenet seems to have a strange effect on some people. I'm sure that we
all give duff gen from time to time, but most of us are prepared to put
our hand up and admit it when it is pointed out. But a small minority of
our contributors seem to believe that it is a point of honour to
continue to defend what they originally wrote - however ridiculous it is
subsequently shown to be. This just makes them look stupid.

I just made the mistake at looking at what he wrote.

No, it's not newsgroups. When someone is convinced they know the facts when they have in reality just made a guess, and the other person is the one that has experienced the facts first hand, it's not down to newsgroups, it's just basic human stupidity.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 January 2018 12:46:05 UTC, Roger Mills wrote:
On 15/01/2018 11:02, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 14 January 2018 12:54:54 UTC, Roger Mills wrote:

Usenet seems to have a strange effect on some people. I'm sure that we
all give duff gen from time to time, but most of us are prepared to put
our hand up and admit it when it is pointed out. But a small minority of
our contributors seem to believe that it is a point of honour to
continue to defend what they originally wrote - however ridiculous it is
subsequently shown to be. This just makes them look stupid.

I just made the mistake at looking at what he wrote.

No, it's not newsgroups. When someone is convinced they know the facts when they have in reality just made a guess, and the other person is the one that has experienced the facts first hand, it's not down to newsgroups, it's just basic human stupidity.

I couldn't have put it better myself! We may just differ on the identity
of "someone" and "the other", though.

Well, let me give you a hint. Having undone that screw on pumps while running and observed resulting graunching noises and stalling, I am therefore the one that has the fact on that.

Feel free to waste more of both our time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/2018 13:12, wrote:

You're plainly a time waster and I'm done. Plonk.

Do you need a lesson on killfiles? It seems your efforts from two days
ago have failed...

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 January 2018 13:31:31 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 05:12:58 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:

snip

Having undone that screw on pumps while running and observed resulting graunching noises and stalling, I am therefore the one that has the fact on that.

Could that be because the pump may have been stalled because of either
debris in the impeller or a failed bearing and you moving it again
simply highlighted that fact? shrug

Cheers, T i m

The last pump wasn't stalled when I undid the whatsit. It didn't sound too healthy though, speed unstable & noises. Since it ran fine afterwards there must have been muck in there.

Beyond that I really don't know, I could only guess.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 January 2018 13:50:53 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 15/01/2018 13:12, tabbypurr wrote:

You're plainly a time waster and I'm done. Plonk.

Do you need a lesson on killfiles? It seems your efforts from two days
ago have failed...

It seems I need a lesson on ignoring the time wasting idiots.

NT