Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH System Design/Overhaul/Maintenance.

On Monday, 15 January 2018 12:46:05 UTC, Roger Mills wrote:
On 15/01/2018 11:02, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 14 January 2018 12:54:54 UTC, Roger Mills wrote:

Usenet seems to have a strange effect on some people. I'm sure that we
all give duff gen from time to time, but most of us are prepared to put
our hand up and admit it when it is pointed out. But a small minority of
our contributors seem to believe that it is a point of honour to
continue to defend what they originally wrote - however ridiculous it is
subsequently shown to be. This just makes them look stupid.

I just made the mistake at looking at what he wrote.

No, it's not newsgroups. When someone is convinced they know the facts when they have in reality just made a guess, and the other person is the one that has experienced the facts first hand, it's not down to newsgroups, it's just basic human stupidity.

I couldn't have put it better myself! We may just differ on the identity
of "someone" and "the other", though.

Well, let me give you a hint. Having undone that screw on pumps while running and observed resulting graunching noises and stalling, I am therefore the one that has the fact on that.

Feel free to waste more of both our time.