Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Curious said Alice OT

Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!

Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not
the first three letters?
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:

Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!
Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not
the first three letters?

Err, when you asked in September, the answer was to use lower case!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!
Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not
the first three letters?

Err, when you asked in September, the answer was to use lower case!!

Oh! It probably still is. Now why couldn't their help file explain that?

Ta. again:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/01/2018 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!

Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not
the first three letters?

Why does anyone bother with Docusign when it's clearly not fit for purpose?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On the other hand why do they not use a combo box system as the last time I
looked all months were spelled the same for at least 100 years.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Andy Burns
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!
Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not
the first three letters?

Err, when you asked in September, the answer was to use lower case!!

Oh! It probably still is. Now why couldn't their help file explain that?

Ta. again:-)

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/01/2018 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!

Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not
the first three letters?

Like they do with railway tickets?

Cheers
--
Clive
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Clive Arthur
writes
On 07/01/2018 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!
Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is
not the first three letters?

Like they do with railway tickets?

As a car owner that is a bit obscure to me:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2018 14:49, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Clive Arthur
writes
On 07/01/2018 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!
Â*Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is
notÂ* the first three letters?

Like they do with railway tickets?

As a car owner that is a bit obscure to me:-)

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3f...il-tickets.jpg

Cheers
--
Clive
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Clive Arthur" wrote in message
news
On 08/01/2018 14:49, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Clive Arthur
writes
On 07/01/2018 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!
Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not the first
three letters?

Like they do with railway tickets?

As a car owner that is a bit obscure to me:-)

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3f...il-tickets.jpg

"JNR" - so only the one month as an example; and which is far from intuitive,
And differs from the previous suggestion which was to use lower case. Where
case should be irrelevant to the input anyway .

Barclays/Docusign appear to be departing from best practice

With a limited number of options - 12 in this case - the choice should be made via a
drop down/rotating menu where the opition is highlighted. so as to defeat any possibility
of malicious keystroke logging

Keyboard input should only be adopted where the input possibilities are impossible
to anticipate.

They used to use dropdowns for the secret word input on the Barclaycard site
but have abandoned that on there too.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message
news
They used to use dropdowns for the secret word input on the Barclaycard site
but have abandoned that on there too.

Er, no they haven't. They've simply changed the forat so the
menus are about three times bigger than they were before.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Clive Arthur
writes
On 08/01/2018 14:49, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Clive Arthur
writes
On 07/01/2018 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!
*Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is
not* the first three letters?

Like they do with railway tickets?

As a car owner that is a bit obscure to me:-)

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3f...age/2017/01/03
/08/rail-tickets.jpg

I see! 3 months starting with a J. found confusing? What do they use for
April and August?

At the risk of further diversion, what happened to the supposed need for
capitalisation due to the links with gods of the time?

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/01/2018 09:04, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Clive Arthur
writes
On 08/01/2018 14:49, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Clive Arthur
writes
On 07/01/2018 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign...
spit!
Â*Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is
notÂ* the first three letters?

Like they do with railway tickets?
Â*As a car owner that is a bit obscure to me:-)

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3f...age/2017/01/03
/08/rail-tickets.jpg

I see! 3 months starting with a J. found confusing? What do they use for
April and August?

JNR, FBY, MCH, APR, MAY, JUN, JLY, AUG, SEP, OCT, NOV, DMR, so five
'unusual' ones.