Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default a party

I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.
To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a
wonderful experience.
I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have to
well padded to avoid accidents etc.
The fun we could have!!!
We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours about
our differences and listen patiently to each others theories about
anything and everything.
In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting
baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things.
The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/01/2018 19:56, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.
To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a
wonderful experience.
I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have to
well padded to avoid accidents etc.
The fun we could have!!!
We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours about
our differences and listen patiently to each others theories about
anything and everything.
In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting
baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things.
The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?

ISTR there are some photos about from previous UK DIY meets somewhere...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/01/2018 19:56, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.
To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a
wonderful experience.
I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have to
well padded to avoid accidents etc.
The fun we could have!!!
We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours about
our differences and listen patiently to each others theories about
anything and everything.
In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting
baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things.
The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?

I could go for that too
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 7 January 2018 19:57:08 UTC, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.
To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a
wonderful experience.
I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have to
well padded to avoid accidents etc.
The fun we could have!!!
We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours about
our differences and listen patiently to each others theories about
anything and everything.
In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting
baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things.
The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?

have it here & you could see the things that supposedly couldn't possibly work but do. Not sure I'd want to discuss politics though! Nor trivial troll-y details of diy stuff.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/01/2018 19:56, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited,

Many of you wouldn't understand my accent.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 8 January 2018 01:50:19 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 07/01/2018 19:56, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited,

Many of you wouldn't understand my accent.

Bill

I had to translate from Scottish to English once.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/01/18 20:34, newshound wrote:
On 07/01/2018 19:56, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.
To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a
wonderful experience.
I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have to
well padded to avoid accidents etc.
The fun we could have!!!
We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours
about our differences and listen patiently to each others theories
about anything and everything.
In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting
baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things.
The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?

I could go for that too

What? And give Pamela an excuse to stalk even more?

No thanks

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1/7/2018 7:56 PM, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.
To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a
wonderful experience.
I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have to
well padded to avoid accidents etc.
The fun we could have!!!
We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours about
our differences and listen patiently to each others theories about
anything and everything.
In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting
baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things.
The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?

that would be called a bounce up ......

--
Follow my lead...ignore Brian Reay ....
Easily persuaded to believe something credulous and proud of it ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"critcher" wrote in message
news
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.
To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a wonderful
experience.
I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have to
well padded to avoid accidents etc.
The fun we could have!!!
We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours about
our differences and listen patiently to each others theories about
anything and everything.
In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting
baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things.
The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?

ok what's the address

Posted to uk.d-i-y

True. You might well not want to meet those you call ****s face to face.

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/01/2018 19:56, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.
To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a
wonderful experience.
I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have to
well padded to avoid accidents etc.
The fun we could have!!!
We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours about
our differences and listen patiently to each others theories about
anything and everything.
In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting
baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things.
The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?

Like radio, newsgroup contributors are best kept invisible to the
others. Sometimes, it is an unnerving experience to see the
real radio voice in print or on screen, when your long-held visual
perception turns out to be completely wrong.

And anyway, don't people use facetime, or other means to 'see'
the other person ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2018 14:10, Andrew wrote:
[...]

I once attended a meet arranged on an email list of its members.

Never again!

Some folk that seem quite normal by email were real weirdos in the flesh.

Mike (the normal one:-))

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
[...]

Only time I do that is when I need to see something being discussed
or when his 3 year old needs to show me his latest car etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Muddymike writes
[...]

I have met 4 current and past posters to this group. They all seemed to
be normal if above average intelligence and verging on entrepreneurship.

My single experience of news group meets was that it coincided with the
topic becoming moribund. This was a polite group without the freely
traded insults found here!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

the only face I know is Bill Wright
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 8 January 2018 15:41:55 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
On 08/01/2018 14:10, Andrew wrote:
On 07/01/2018 19:56, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.

I once attended a meet arranged on an email list of its members.

Never again!

Some folk that seem quite normal by email were real weirdos in the flesh.

Mike (the normal one:-))

Rod's in Australia thankfully

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 18:33:49 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

I have met 4 current and past posters to this group. They all seemed to
be normal if above average intelligence and verging on entrepreneurship.

I've met two recently (two of the Tims). I have met others when they were
students or similar, and one I last met back in the mid 1970s!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
I have met 4 current and past posters to this group. They all seemed to
be normal if above average intelligence and verging on entrepreneurship.

Yes - in the early days I met up with a few from here at one of the tools
fares in the area. Perfectly normal bunch of blokes.

My single experience of news group meets was that it coincided with the
topic becoming moribund. This was a polite group without the freely
traded insults found here!

In those day the insults were over wwether a combi (or two) were a better
way than storing. ;-)

--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2018 18:41, critcher wrote: