Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default a party

In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 08/01/2018 14:10, Andrew wrote:
On 07/01/2018 19:56, critcher wrote:
I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to
partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various
differences of opinion which would ensue.
To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a
wonderful experience.
I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have
to well padded to avoid accidents etc.
The fun we could have!!!
We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours
about our differences and listen patiently to each others theories
about anything and everything.
In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting
baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things.
The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?

Like radio, newsgroup contributors are best kept invisible to the
others. Sometimes, it is an unnerving experience to see the
real radio voice in print or on screen, when your long-held visual
perception turns out to be completely wrong.
And anyway, don't people use facetime, or other means to 'see'
the other person ?.

I once attended a meet arranged on an email list of its members.

Never again!

Some folk that seem quite normal by email were real weirdos in the flesh.

Mike (the normal one:-))

I have met 4 current and past posters to this group. They all seemed to
be normal if above average intelligence and verging on entrepreneurship.

My single experience of news group meets was that it coincided with the
topic becoming moribund. This was a polite group without the freely
traded insults found here!

--
Tim Lamb