Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default .jpg enlarge -Windows 10

This is a copy of the entire instruction manual for a carcam, just as
supplied by the manufacturer. 8x pages of instruction, all of the pages
on one side of an A4 sheet in a landscape of 4 x 2 grid. It is just
about readable with decent lens in its original form, but...

I have done an high res scan of the page saved as a jpg and I should
like to be able to print it out as 8 separate, enlarged A4 pages, but I
am not experienced in graphics programs - what it the easiest way to do
it? A beginners simple step by step guide please.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote

This is a copy of the entire instruction manual for a carcam, just
as supplied by the manufacturer. 8x pages of instruction, all of
the pages on one side of an A4 sheet in a landscape of 4 x 2 grid.
It is just about readable with decent lens in its original form, but...

I have done an high res scan of the page saved as a jpg and I should
like to be able to print it out as 8 separate, enlarged A4 pages, but
I am not experienced in graphics programs - what it the easiest
way to do it? A beginners simple step by step guide please.

Anything like irfanview can crop the original into 8 separate
jpgs, one for each page and you are free to print those.

Even paint does it fine if you use Win.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/01/2018 18:45, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
This is a copy of the entire instruction manual for a carcam, just as
supplied by the manufacturer. 8x pages of instruction, all of the pages
on one side of an A4 sheet in a landscape of 4 x 2 grid. It is just
about readable with decent lens in its original form, but...

I have done an high res scan of the page saved as a jpg and I should
like to be able to print it out as 8 separate, enlarged A4 pages, but I
am not experienced in graphics programs - what it the easiest way to do
it? A beginners simple step by step guide please.

Firstly use the gamma ('lighting') tool to get a good white and decent
black. Save.

Either use the rectangular selection tool to select one page then edit
copy, new file, (or 'new file from clipboard'), edit paste, save as
'page 01'. Repeat for all pages.

Or
Use the crop tool to crop to just one page. Save AS 'page 01'. Re-open
the original file and repeat for all pages. Remember to use Save AS, not
save.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
This is a copy of the entire instruction manual for a carcam, just as
supplied by the manufacturer. 8x pages of instruction, all of the pages
on one side of an A4 sheet in a landscape of 4 x 2 grid. It is just
about readable with decent lens in its original form, but...

I have done an high res scan of the page saved as a jpg and I should
like to be able to print it out as 8 separate, enlarged A4 pages, but I
am not experienced in graphics programs - what it the easiest way to do
it? A beginners simple step by step guide please.

Don't know:-) But you can sometimes be lucky printing in poster format.
(Epson)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 05/01/2018, Bill Wright supposed :
Firstly use the gamma ('lighting') tool to get a good white and decent black.
Save.

Either use the rectangular selection tool to select one page then edit copy,
new file, (or 'new file from clipboard'), edit paste, save as 'page 01'.
Repeat for all pages.

Or
Use the crop tool to crop to just one page. Save AS 'page 01'. Re-open the
original file and repeat for all pages. Remember to use Save AS, not save.

Thanks all, and thanks Bill - that worked perfectly..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/01/2018 18:45, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
This is a copy of the entire instruction manual for a carcam, just as
supplied by the manufacturer. 8x pages of instruction, all of the pages
on one side of an A4 sheet in a landscape of 4 x 2 grid. It is just
about readable with decent lens in its original form, but...

I have done an high res scan of the page saved as a jpg and I should
like to be able to print it out as 8 separate, enlarged A4 pages, but I
am not experienced in graphics programs - what it the easiest way to do
it? A beginners simple step by step guide please.

I'd just open in Paint (not Paint 3d), zoom in and position so that page
1 fills as much of the screen as possible, then use the Paint cropping
tool, followed by "Save as" and repeat.

If you had scanned to PDF, you could do the same thing with most PDF
readers but then select each image using the Windows "Snipping tool".

In the second case, if your individual images are portrait it is worth
doing a "rotate 90 degrees" so that you fill more screen before doing
the "Snip".

If you want to make yourself a printable manual, you can "insert" each
"picture" into a Word (or other word processing) file, then click and
drag each image to fill the page (or half-page, if that is big enough).